Sydney Mutual Bank Credit Cards
Find out about the low rate Visa credit card you can get through this member-owned bank that’s based in Sydney.
Sydney Mutual Bank (formerly Sydney Credit Union) offers a straightforward Visa credit card with a 10.49% p.a. variable interest rate for purchases and a competitive annual fee. As a member-owned financial institution, any profits made by Sydney Mutual Bank are passed on to account-holders – usually in the form of competitive rates and fees.
Compare Sydney Mutual Bank credit card features
What types of credit cards does Sydney Mutual Bank Offer?
Low rate credit cards
The Sydney Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa has a 10.49% p.a. variable interest rate for purchases and a competitive annual fee of $30. It also offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay the closing balance in full by the due date on each statement, as well as mobile payment options.
Benefits of banking with Sydney Mutual Bank
Competitive interest rate
The 10.49% p.a. variable interest rate offered on the Sydney Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa credit card is one of the lowest purchase rates on the market. If you carry a balance from your purchases, this low rate could help you save on interest charges compared to other cards.
Low annual fee
The Sydney Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa credit card's $30 annual fee is competitive with other low fee credit cards.
Choose your own PIN
You have the option of setting your own PIN via the Sydney Mutual Bank mobile app or at a branch.
Take advantage of exclusive entertainment, travel and shopping promotions through Visa Offers + Perks, plus get extra security online through Verified by Visa.
How to apply for a Sydney Mutual Bank credit card
You can apply for the Sydney Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa online by filling in a secure application form. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have the essential documents and details ready.
- Residency status. You can apply for this card if you are a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- Employment. You must have a regular, permanent income.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
Documents and details
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, contact number, email address and residential address. If you are applying as a new Sydney Mutual Bank member, you will also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence or passport. If you are an existing member, you can provide your member number to verify the application.
- Employment details. This covers your occupation, salary, time in your current position and your employer's contact details.
- Financial details. As well as your salary, you will be asked about other forms of income, savings and other assets, plus your everyday expenses. If you have debts, loans or other liabilities, you will also need to provide details of them on the application.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.