Defence Bank Credit Cards
Apply for a card with Defence Bank and enjoy features that can help you save
This bank has 40 branches across Australia, which includes locations in the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and Western Australia.
Comparison of Defence Bank credit cards
Credit card offered by Defence Bank
If you choose to deal with the Defence Bank, you have the choice of applying for an ATM card, debit card or a credit card. Details of the credit card are as follows:
Low rate credit card
Low rate credit cards give you the spending power you want from a credit card without charging you too much in the form of interest. The True Blue Credit Card offered by Defence Bank offers a low introductory rate of 3.99% p.a. that enables to repay your initial purchases with relative ease. At the end of the 6 months the interest rate changes to a competitive variable rate of 11.74% p.a. Keep in mind that this card does not give you the ability to earn and redeem reward points, and it does not offer complimentary extras like insurance covers and access to concierge services.
Benefits of banking with Defence Bank
When you become a member of Defence Bank, you'll not only enjoy competitive products, such as the True Blue card, but you'll also enjoy a number of other benefits.
Defence Bank utilises evolving technology to gives its members an immersive online banking experience. You can login to the Defence Bank website to view details of your credit card account, make repayments online, and most convenient of all is being able to apply for one of their cards online. You can find out how to apply in the section below.
Defence Bank Video Call App
If you need assistance with one of your Defence Bank products and have an Android phone device, then you can download the Video Call App. This app lets you speak face-to-face with a Defence Bank customer service representative between the hours of 10am and 4pm (weekdays) in order to get some assistance. You can use the app for help with Defence Bank personal loans, home loans, car loans, term deposits and investments, insurance and everyday banking products.
Visa card benefits
The Defence Bank credit card is a Visa card, meaning you can use it just about anywhere in the world. You also have access to other features, like Visa Checkout, where you can make your online payments securely by entering a username and password. This takes away the need to enter your personal and shipping details when you're online shopping. You'll also enjoy Visa payWave technology, which gives you a secure and contactless way to quicken your shopping experience for transactions under $100.
How to apply for a Defence Bank credit card
Applying for the Defence Bank True Blue Credit Card is easy, and you can do so online. Just click the 'Go to Site' button to get the process started. Alternatively, you can also do so by visiting any Defence Bank branch. If you plan to visit a branch located within a defence base you should carry your current defence pass along. If you don't have a current defence pass, you can get in touch with the branch in question to establish what other forms of ID you can use.
As with other credit cards, you have to meet certain eligibility criteria to qualify. In addition to meeting the minimum age requirement, you should also meet residency requirements and have good credit rating.
You have to provide certain information as part of the application process, so keep the following handy:
- Personal details. These include your name, date of birth, residential address, phone number, and email address.
- Income details. You have to provide details of income from all sources, which include real estate and stock market investments.
- Expenditure details. Under this section, you need to submit details about existing credit cards, which includes their limits. Other expenses include utility bills, mortgage repayments, rent and child support payments.
- Other credit cards. If you wish to use this credit card to transfer balances you have to provide certain details about the other credit cards in question. This includes the names of the cards, card numbers, and amounts you wish to transfer.
What happens after applying?
After you apply for the Defence Bank True Blue credit card you can expect to hear from the bank soon after. A representative will keep you informed about the process and the eventual result of your application. The bank might ask you to provide more information during the application process. If the bank decides to offer you this credit card you have to go through an identity check, which is a legal requirement. This is not necessary if you already bank with this institution. While you might have to visit a branch to complete these formalities, you can also find out if mailing certified copies is acceptable. Once the bank verifies all required information, your new Defence Bank True Blue credit card will be sent to you.
Frequently asked questions
Here, you’ll find answers to commonly asked questions about Defence Bank credit cards. If you need any further information, feel free to ask by using the form at the bottom of this page.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.