Border Bank Credit Cards
Find out about you credit card options with Border Bank.
Updated . What changed?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Border Bank offers a low-cost Visa credit card with simple features and mobile payment options. While Border Bank is set up to offer banking to the wider Department of Home Affairs community (including Australian Border Force workers), anyone can become a member and apply for a credit card if they meet the other requirements. You can use this guide to learn more about getting a credit card with Border Bank, including key features of the card and how to apply.
Border Bank credit card
Types of Border Bank credit cards
Low rate credit card
The Border Bank Visa credit card has an interest rate of 10.76%, which is competitive with other low rate credit cards. It has a $30 annual fee, which is waived in the first year, and offers up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Benefits of banking with Border Bank
If you're interested in getting a Border Bank credit card, some of the key features you'll be able to access include:
Reduced fees program
The balance on your credit card account can contribute to Border Bank’s reduced fees program, which is designed to help you save on transaction fees for different accounts you hold with Border Bank. You can learn more on the Border Bank website.
You can use a Border Bank credit card in-store, online, over the phone and at ATMs – wherever Visa cards are accepted. You also get access to deals on shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks.
Mobile wallets and contactless payments
If you have Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay, you can add this card to your account and make payments straight from your phone or other compatible device. In store, you can just tap to pay – either with your device or with the Visa card.
Applying for a Border Bank credit card
You can apply for a Border Bank credit card online by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. Alternatively, you can call Border Bank on 132 267 or visit one of its branches. To get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to complete the application.
- Australian residency status. You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Income. You must have a regular income and be able to make your repayments.
- Age. You must be be over 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This section requires your name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents, residential address, marital status, phone number and email address. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence.
- Employment details. You need to provide details of your income, employment status, length of time in your current occupation and your employer’s name and contact details. You also need to provide recent payslips or bank statements to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, savings, investments and other assets, as well as your existing loans, credit cards and other debts. You also need to share details of your regular household expenses such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills and grocery shopping. You can also submit bank statements that confirm these details.
If you have any questions about the application or want to check on its status, call Border Bank on 132 267, visit a branch or get in touch through the website.
Frequently asked questions
Want to know more about Border Bank credit cards? Here, we've answered some of the most common questions. You can also get in touch by filling in a contact form below.
Image: Border BankBack to top
More guides on Finder
Border Bank Visa Credit Card
Pay no annual fee in the first year with the Border Bank Visa credit card.
Ask an Expert