Border Bank is a division of Police Bank, which is one of the largest mutual banks in Australia. It's focused on offering banking products and services to the Department of Home Affairs community (including Australian Border Force workers) but anyone can apply to become a member. The Border Bank Low Rate Visa is its only credit card and has a low interest rate, low annual fee and simple features.
Compare Border Bank credit card features
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of Border Bank credit cards
Low rate credit card
The Border Bank Visa Credit Card has an interest rate of 10.76%, which is much lower than the average credit card interest rate in Australia of around 20%. Its $30 annual fee is also competitive with other low rate credit cards and is is waived in the first year.
Benefits of a Border Bank credit card
Some of the key features you can get with a Border Bank card include:
Reduced fees program
The balance on your credit card account can contribute to Border Bank’s reduced fees program, which is designed to help you save on transaction fees for different accounts you hold with Border Bank. You can learn more on the Border Bank website.
You can use a Border Bank credit card in over 200 countries and regions around the world through the Visa network. You also get access to deals on shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks.
Digital wallets and contactless payments
If you have Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay, you can add this card to your account and make payments straight from your phone or other compatible device. In store, you can just tap to pay – either with your device or with the Visa card.
How to apply
You can apply for a Border Bank credit card online by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. Or, call 132 267 or visit a Border Bank branche. To get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to complete the application.
- Australian residency status. You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Income. You must have a regular income and be able to make your repayments.
- Age. You must be be over 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This section requires your name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents, residential address, marital status, phone number and email address. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence.
- Employment details. You need to provide details of your income, employment status, length of time in your current occupation and your employer’s name and contact details. You also need to provide recent payslips or bank statements to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, savings, investments and other assets, as well as your existing loans, credit cards and other debts. You also need to share details of your regular household expenses such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills and grocery shopping. You can also submit bank statements that confirm these details.
If you have any questions about your application call Border Bank on 132 267. You can also check out Finder's credit card application tips for more insights on what's considered and what to include when you apply.
Credit card brands similar to Border Bank
If you want a credit card from a member-owned bank or one that's focused on people working in government or law enforcement, here are 3 other credit card providers you could compare with Border Bank:
Frequently asked questions
Contact details and related links
- Border Bank phone number: 132 267
- Lost or stolen card support: 132 267 in Australia or +612 9287 0888 overseas during office hours (AEST)
Outside office hours call 1300 705 750 in Australia or +612 8299 9534 overseas
- Border Bank savings accounts
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
More guides on Finder
Border Bank Visa Credit Card
Pay no annual fee in the first year with the Border Bank Visa credit card.
Ask an Expert