Compare Border Bank savings accounts
With their new partnership, Border Bank is able to provide members with financial services that are competitive with Australia’s Big Four.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Servicing the wider Department of Home Affairs community, Border Bank is a division of Police Bank, providing a wide range of affordable services and products to their members. Fully backed by the Australian Government Guarantee, you can bank with confidence through this member owned financial institution.
Customs Bank is now called Border Bank
Border Bank was formerly named Customs Bank. On 31 October 2018 the bank changed to its current name and logo. This rebranding does not affect any of the bank's products.
Who is Border Bank?
Australian Border employees, their families and friends are able to take advantage of the variety of accounts Border Bank offers, who is a partner with Police Bank. This includes investment accounts to help plan your future and savings products that reward you.
There are also specialised products available for kids and for grown-ups who have a specific goal to reach. Interest rates and fees are competitive with what you find with larger Australian banks, and your money is secured with the same regulations that they abide by.
Mobile banking appImage Source: App Store
|Login page||Account balance||Payments|
What transaction accounts are offered by Border Bank?
- Easy Access. This is an at call transaction account that also earns daily interest. Access methods include internet and phone banking, cheque and your choice of a RediCard or Visa debit card. The Easy Access contributes to the reduced fees program, where you can lower your transaction costs by meeting certain conditions.
What high interest savings accounts are offered by Border Bank?
- Online Supersaver. The online savings accounts pays a higher rate of interest while still giving you complete access to your cash through account transfer. You are not required to meet a balance requirement or limit your withdrawals in order to receive the competitive interest rate.
- Savings Plus. Be inspired to save more with tiered interest rates that increase as your balance grows.
- Bonus Saver. Meet the minimum deposit requirement and make no withdrawals each month and you qualify for bonus interest on top of your base rate.
- Retirement Plus. For retirees and pensioners only, this account has a flat rate of interest designed to provide security for your retirement funds.
- Christmas Club Account. Your holiday shopping money accrues all year in this locked saving account that becomes available for withdrawals on 1 November.
- Budget Manager. Have a fixed amount from your pay deposited into this account to help cover the cost of your monthly expenses.
- Insurance Saver. With this account money is set aside from your salary to cover the cost of your various insurance premiums when they are due.
- Dynamo. Border Bank helps young Australians save with an account that rewards them with bonus interest for making regular deposits.
- Mortgage Offset. A 100% offset account where the monthly balance is deducted from the balance of your Custom home loan before interest is applied.
What term deposits are offered by Border Bank?
Border Bank term deposits are flexible savings products that allow you to choose terms ranging from three months up to five years, with interest payment options that include monthly payments to add to your income. With some you are able to start with deposits as little as $10,000 while others require an investment of or more.Back to top
What are the pros and cons of banking with Border Bank?
- Versatility. You can find an account that meets just about any specific savings need.
- Interest rates. Interest rates for your savings are comparable to what you find with other Australian financial institutions.
- Bonus interest. You are given incentives like bonus interest to encourage you to save even more.
- Children’s account. The savings account designed for children is easy to use and offers bonus interest for good savings habits.
- Availability. Membership into Border Bank is limited to those related to the Australian Customs and Border Enforcement Agency.
- Term deposit. While there are multiple options for the term deposit, many of these require a minimum balance of $10,000.
How do I apply for a Border Bank savings account?
In order to apply for a savings account with Border Bank you must first become a member. Membership applicants must be at least 18 years of old and residents of Australia who are employed with Australian Customs and Border Protection Service or are the friend or family member of someone who is.
Once a member you will able to apply for most accounts online through internet banking, but keep in mind that with some of these accounts there are certain age requirements and restrictions. In most cases your account will be activated once you have submitted the application and made any necessary opening deposits. Even when a member, you should always compare savings accounts between a number of banks in order to make sure that your needs are being met.
Read more on this topic
Border Bank Budget Manager
Never fall short on your bills for the month with an account designed specifically to help you budget your money.
Border Bank Market Linked
The Border Bank Market Linked is no longer available to new customers. This information is for existing customers only.
Border Bank Insurance Saver
The Border Bank Insurance Saver is a special purpose savings account just for your insurance payments.
Border Bank Safeguard
Never pay excessive surcharges again with an account that ensures you are never spending outside of your means.
Border Bank Easy Access
Border Bank’s Easy Access is a low-cost way of taking care of your everyday banking needs while earning interest at the same time.
Border Bank Christmas Club
Keep your Christmas funds out of sight and out of mind until the 1st of November so you have time for Christmas shopping.
Border Bank Bonus Saver
The Border Bank Bonus Saver is a no-fee savings account that gives you an interest boost when you keep your savings balance growing.
Border Bank Online Supersaver
The Border Bank Online Supersaver Account gives you the benefits of a high interest savings account without the deposit and withdrawal conditions.
Border Bank Retirement Plus
The Border Bank Retirement Plus is a simple retirement savings account with no conditions to earn the full rate of interest.
Border Bank Dynamo Kids Savings Account
It’s never too early to learn about saving for a goal. Get a rewarding rate of interest when you deposit just $20 and make no withdrawals each month.
Ask an Expert