We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Bank of Queensland savings accounts, bank accounts and term deposits
Quick facts about Bank of Queensland
- Bank of Queensland (BOQ) is based in Brisbane and open to customers all over Australia
- BOQ was originally a member-owned building society, and has been a retail bank since 1942
- BOQ owns Virgin Money and ME Bank, which both also offer a range of different savings and bank accounts
Different ways to bank with BOQ
BOQ offers many different ways to do your banking.
BOQ bank branches
BOQ has more than 250 bank branches spread across Australia (although the majority of these are in QLD).
BOQ ATM network
BOQ's ATM network includes around 3,000 ATMs in Australia. This includes the rediATM network which BOQ is part of. BOQ customers can also use their Australian debit cards to withdraw cash for free at CommBank, NAB, Westpac and ANZ ATMs throughout Australia.
If you need to deposit cash into your BOQ account and don't have a branch nearby, you can do this at a participating Australia Post shop using Bank@Post.
BOQ Internet and mobile banking
Customers can access the BOQ Internet banking portal 24/7 to review transactions and balances, see more detailed transaction data, pay bills, transfer money between accounts and make BPAY payments. You can also view and download your statements and open new BOQ bank accounts.
The BOQ app is free to download, and has a 1.2 star rating in the App Store and a 2.4 star rating in the Google Play store. You can do your day-to-day digital banking using the app 24/7.
BOQ contactless payment options
BOQ offers Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay to customers with a BOQ debit or credit card.
Pros and cons of banking with BOQ
- Range of accounts. BOQ offers several different savings and bank accounts to choose between, while many other banks only offer one option.
- Bonus interest. You can earn bonus interest on your savings every month by meeting the account conditions.
- No account keeping fees. BOQ's everyday bank account has no account keeping fees to pay.
- Branches and ATMs. BOQ still has hundreds of branches and more than 3000 ATMs.
- Mobile app. The BOQ mobile app has poor star ratings from users.
How to apply for a BOQ account online
You can apply for a new BOQ account online in less than 10 minutes. Just make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary documents handy before you start your application.
- You're an Australian resident for tax purposes
- You have an Australian phone number and residential address
- Personal details like your name, date of birth, residential address, phone number and email address
- ID documents such as your driver's licence, Medicare card, passport or proof-of-age card
More guides on Finder
Bank of Queensland Simple Saver Account
The Bank of Queensland Simple Saver Account offers an ongoing interest rate with no account conditions to meet. Open up to 9 accounts.
Bank of Queensland Smart Saver Account (36+ year olds)
The Bank of Queensland Smart Saver Account has an ongoing bonus rate on balances up to $250,000 for customers over 36.
Bank of Queensland Everyday Account
The Everyday Account has no monthly account keeping fees, spend tracking features and instant payments via PayID.
Bank of Queensland Future Saver Account (14-35 year olds)
The Bank of Queensland Future Saver Account has a high ongoing bonus rate on balances up to $50,000 for customers under 35.
Bank of Queensland Superannuation Savings Account
The Bank of Queensland Superannuation Savings Account gives you a bonus introductory period and the ability to withdraw your SMSF’s savings without restriction.
Bank of Queensland Mortgage Offset Account
An offset Account linked to your personal Bank of Queensland home loan gives you access to your savings while they work to reduce your mortgage balance.
Bank of Queensland Premier Investment Account
A premier high interest savings account may be just what you need in order to reach your future financial goals.
Bank of Queensland Term Deposit
With a small nest egg Bank of Queensland allows you to make good progress with your savings goals by providing flexible terms and a competitive interest rate.
Ask an Expert