Alison Banney is the money editorial manager at Finder. She covers all areas of personal finance, and her areas of expertise are superannuation, banking and saving. She has written about finance for 10 years, having previously worked at Westpac and written for several other major banks and super funds. Alison is regularly quoted in the media on superannuation and money management, and often writes guides for other finance websites and brands. Outside of Finder, you’ll likely find her somewhere near the ocean.
- Savings accounts, bank accounts and term deposits
- Budgeting and money-saving hacks
- Managing the cost of living
- Certificate in Financial Advice, which meets the requirements of ASIC Regulatory Guide 146 (RG146).
- Certificate in Securities and Managed Investments, which meets the requirements of ASIC Regulatory Guide 146 (RG146).
- Certificate in Superannuation, which meets the requirements of ASIC Regulatory Guide 146 (RG146).
- Panel member for Finder’s Inflation Masterclass
- Panel member for Finder’s EOFY Money Masterclass
- Annual Finder Innovation Awards judge for banking, investment and digital disruptor categories
- Bachelor of Communications: Journalism and Public Relations | Newcastle University | 2013-2015
- Money Magazine
- The Guardian
- The Australian
- The Canberra Times
- Yahoo! Finance
- Financial Standard
- The New Daily
- Forbes Advocate
- Money Management
Latest articles by Alison Banney
978 articles written by this author
56% of Aussies would withdraw their super early if they could. But is it worth it?
The best bank account will help you manage your everyday spending with low fees and easy access to your money. Check out our Top Picks curated by experts.
Suncorp offers a range of EFTPOS solutions for businesses with flat rate pricing for all transactions.
Here's where you can get a decent return on your hard-earned cash.
Launch savings calculatorYou must meet certain eligibility criteria to become a member of Teachers Mutual Bank and create an account. There's also a $10 membership application fee.If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply online using 2 forms of ID including your driver's licence, passport and/or Medicare card.Account eligibilityYou must work in the education […]
Launch savings calculatorYou must meet certain eligibility criteria to become a member of Health Professionals Bank and create an account. There's also a $10 membership application fee.If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply online using 2 forms of ID including your driver's license, passport and/or Medicare card.Account eligibilityYou must work in (or be […]
Key points about PayNutsTerminal rental from $0/month if you meet a minimum monthly transaction volume of $10,000 per terminalOption to pay no transaction fees and surcharge customers instead with the Pay Nothing EFTPOS productIn-store, online and mobile payments with single source reportingAccepts all major payment typesReal time transaction reportingNo lock-in contracts and no joining, cancellation, […]
It's important to keep an eye on your super, but checking it a few times a year is probably sufficient for most people.