Best mobile plans for June 2021
This month, Finder's team of experts compared all 357 mobile plans in our database to help you find one that best suits your needs.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
It takes a lot of effort to try and find the best mobile plan around, so we've gone ahead and done the hard work for you.
The best mobile plans for June 2021: Our top picks
- Best prepaid mobile plan: gomo Subscription $35 30GB 30 Days
- Best postpaid SIM-only plan: Vodafone $40 SIM-only Lite Plan
- Best cheap mobile plan: iiNet Mobile Large Plan
- Best mobile plan with high data: Circles.Life 100GB Monthly Plan
- Best unlimited data mobile plan: felix Subscription $35 1 month
- Best mobile plan for coverage: Boost $30 Prepaid SIM
- Best long expiry mobile plan: Catch Connect Prepaid Mobile $150
- Best mobile plan for international calls: Lebara Large 30 Day
- Best mobile plan for low usage: Catch Connect Prepaid Mobile $10
The best mobile plans for June 2021 were picked by our team of mobile plan experts on June 2, 2021 and reviewed by our senior writer, Mariam Gabaji.
Finding the best mobile planKeep in mind that there won't be one mobile plan that's the best for everyone since we're all interested in different features. What's best for you might not be the best for someone else.
1. Best prepaid mobile plan: gomo Subscription $35
We compared 36 prepaid plans in our database that cost between $30-40 a month and found gomo's subscription plan offered the best balance between price and data.
gomo Subscription $35 30GB 30 Days
Calls & Text
per 30 days expiry
Get 60GB of data for your first 3 subscriptions. This reverts back to 30GB from your 4th subscription. This plan costs $17.50 for your first subscription. Offers end 30.06.2021. New customers only.
What we liked about gomo:
- 100% owned by Optus and has plans to get 5G access in the near future
- Current promotion offers double the data (60GB instead of 30GB) for your first three subscriptions (new customers only)
- Sign up online and you'll get the first subscription for 50% off - that's just $17.50 instead of $35
- Data rollover up to 200GB means you can save any unused data at the end of each month for future use
gomo's plan also runs without a contract so you're free to switch plans whenever you want.
2. Best postpaid SIM-only plan: Vodafone SIM-only Lite
Out of 51 postpaid SIM-only plans in our database that cost between $30-40 a month, Vodafone's Lite plan narrowly beats Moose Mobile this month.
It's all thanks to its no lock-in contract and generous dollar to data ratio.
What we liked about Vodafone:
- Infinite data feature which gives you 'unlimited' data each month. This perk only comes with Telstra, Optus or Vodafone plans
- Sign up before June 30 to get 50GB of data every month, instead of 10GB. You won't get charged for excess use but your mobile Internet speed will slow down to 2Mbps once you reach your limit (enough for occasional browsing and social media)
- No lock-in contract which means you can switch providers whenever you want
Keep in mind that the plan costs $35 a month for the first 12 months, before reverting back to $40 a month after.
3. Best cheap mobile plan: iiNet Large
After looking at 106 mobile plans under $20 in our database, we found iiNet to be one of the best value cheap mobile plans on offer this month.
What we liked about iiNet:
- Owned by TPG and offers many of the same features
- Sign-up discount lasts for six months (rather than three like TPG). Get almost 50% off and pay $15 instead of $29.99
- No lock-in contract so you can switch if you change your mind
If you're worried you need more data, we've included iiNet's 55GB option below which is also running on a discounted price.
It's still a great budget option, costing $20 for your first six months and then $39.99 after.
4. Best mobile plan with high data: Circles.Life 100GB Monthly Plan
We analysed 148 mobile plans with data allowances of 40GB or higher to make our decision. The choice fell between Vodafone and Circles.Life.
We went with Circles.Life here as we think it represents good data value for a price that won't break the bank.
Circles.Life 100GB Monthly Plan
Calls & Text
Get this plan for $28 a month for the first 12 months, then $38 a month after. Offer ends 01.07.21, 12pm AEST. New customers only. T&Cs apply.
What we liked about Circles.Life:
- Has a unique feature called 'bill shock data'. You'll get an extra 3GB on top of your 100GB plan. It'll give you room to see if you want to buy more data before the end of the month or lower your usage to avoid excess charges
- Its current offer cuts the monthly price down to just $28 for your first 12 months. Price goes back to its original $38 after.
- No lock-in contract so you can switch if you don't want to pay the full price
Circles.Life made its mark last year with this plan, forcing bigger providers like Optus and Vodafone to start offering higher data mobile plans for cheaper prices.
If you reckon 100GB isn't enough to satisfy your data needs, check out Vodafone's 500GB plan below.
It's more expensive than Circles.Life, but it offers five times as much data if you sign up before June 30 (and comes with no excess data fees which is handy).
Keep in mind that this plan costs $60 a month for the first 12 months, then $120 a month after.
Vodafone $120 SIM-only Ultra Plan
Calls & Text
Get this plan for $60 a month for the first 12 months, then $120 a month after. Offer ends 30.06.21. T&Cs apply.
5. Best unlimited data mobile plan: felix Subscription $35
There's really only one mobile plan that fits this category so it's an easy win for felix. This is currently the only deal in Australia that offers truly unlimited data, that is, no data limit.
Telstra, Optus and Vodafone won't charge you for going over your data limits on their postpaid plans but the speeds drop to at least 1.5Mbps once you're in excess.
felix Subscription $35 1 month
Calls & Text
Mobile Internet speeds on this plan are capped at 20Mbps. Refer a friend to get one month for free. Offer ends 22.06.21. T&Cs apply.
What we liked about felix:
- No download limits with felix
- Speeds are limited to 20Mbps but it's still fast enough to browse the web, scroll through your socials, video-chat and stream Netflix (maybe not all at the same time though)
- Environmentally-focused provider that is certified carbon neutral and plants one tree for every active subscription
If you decide to sign up to felix, you can refer a friend until June 22 to get one month for free.
6. Best mobile plan for coverage: Boost $30 Prepaid SIM
When it comes to mobile coverage, Telstra offers the widest network in the country, covering 99.5% of Aussies. There are only three providers that use the full Telstra network: Telstra itself, Boost Mobile and JB Hi-Fi.
After comparing 21 mobile plans across the three providers, we found Boost's $30 plan to be the best value for money.
What we liked about Boost:
- Full Telstra coverage for non-Telstra prices
- Rollover any data you don't use at the end of your expiry period onto your next recharge
- Data-free streaming of Apple Music (you'll need to have your own subscription though)
Keep in mind that Boost's plan comes with 40GB of data for your first three recharges before reverting back to its original inclusion of 20GB.
Luckily, there's no contract involved so if you want to switch after the bonus data runs out, you're free to do so.
7. Best long expiry mobile plan: Catch Connect Prepaid 365 Days
Long expiry plans work best for people who don't mind paying a larger upfront cost to save money over the year.
We analysed 31 mobile plans in our database with expiry periods of 360 days or more and found Catch's plan to be the best value for under $150 a year.
What we liked about Catch:
- Catch's plan is essentially $1 per GB of data for an entire year. It's great value if you don't care for high data caps or fancy features
- New customers get this plan for $120 instead of $150 for the first recharge
- It's the equivalent to paying $10 a month for 10GB of data. To compare, the average 10GB monthly mobile plan in our database costs $31 a month. That means you're saving $21 each month or $250 saved over a year with Catch
- Unlimited standard national calls and texts
If you find yourself needing more than 10GB a month, Kogan has a bunch of great big data long expiry plans which you can find here.
8. Best mobile plan for international calls: Lebara Large Plan
We looked at 208 mobile plans in our database that offer unlimited international calls to select countries.
While the best plan for you will depend on which countries you wish to call, we thought Lebara's plan offered an extensive choice of up to 50 selected countries.
Lebara Large 30 Day
Calls & Text
per 30 days expiry
Get 65GB of data each month for your first 3 recharges, then 45GB a month from your 4th recharge. Offer ends 05.07.21. T&Cs apply.
What we liked about Lebara:
- Impressive international inclusions with a decent data limit too
- Sign up before July 5 and score your first month for just $10. It'll revert back to its original price of $39.90 a month after
If you don't want to spend that much, Lebara's also got a cheaper plan that includes international calls to 35 select countries.
Lebara Medium 30 Day
Calls & Text
per 30 days expiry
Get 50GB of data each month for your first 3 recharges, then 30GB a month from your 4th recharge. Offer ends 05.07.21. T&Cs apply.
You can check out the full list of eligible international calling countries during the sign-up process.
9. Best mobile plan for low usage: Catch Connect Prepaid $10
We took a look at 102 mobile plans in our database that offer 4GB or less each month. Catch Connect's pricing beat out SpinTel, which is only cheap for the first six months.
What we liked about Catch:
- Unlimited standard calls and texts within Australia
- 4GB is enough if you only need to browse the web, scroll through social media occasionally and stream some music while you're out
There's no fancy extras like international calls included with Catch, but if you're just looking to talk, text and have a bit of data to use, this plan is definitely one to consider.
Compare and find the best mobile plan
We've picked the best mobile plans for this month, but that doesn't mean there aren't more deals out there for you.
You can use the table below to compare all the mobile plans available in our database to find the right one for your needs.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Need more information before deciding?
You can follow the links below to find out more about mobile plans.
Porting your mobile number
Worried about losing your current mobile number? You can easily keep it when you switch providers by following these 5 steps.
5G in Australia
Learn more about the 5G rollout in Australia including who offers it and where it's available.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Canterbury Bulldogs vs St George Illawarra Dragons NRL: Start time and watch free
The one-win Bulldogs return after a bye, hopefully refreshed and ready to meet the Dragons.
NSW first home owners tax reform offers 25K grants
First home buyers in NSW could be given up to $25,000 towards their first home purchase – find out if you're eligible.
24 PlayStation 5 consoles are up for grabs this long weekend
eBay is giving away 24 PlayStation 5 prize packs this long weekend - here's how to enter.
Does anyone actually need Twitter Blue?
Here's everything included in Twitter Blue and how much it costs.
How to watch UFC 263 Adesanya vs Vettori 2 live in Australia
Undisputed champion Israel Adesanya is ready for his long-awaited rematch against Marvin Vettori in Arizona.
HBO Max Gossip Girl reboot: new trailer drops ahead of Australian broadcast
An updated version of Gossip Girl is coming our way – and it looks too good to miss.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off 4K TVs, $200 off Dyson vacuum cleaners, win $10,000 with Optus.
Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni: Fight time and how to watch live online
Undefeated heavyweight Justis Huni and former NRL star Paul Gallen are ready for battle as Termination Day approaches.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Get no excess data charges on these unlimited data mobile plans.
Avoid bill shock and control your spending with the best-value offers.
Ask an Expert