Best mobile plans for December 2021
We compared 355 plans to help you find the best mobile phone plan.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Here are our picks for the best mobile plans for December 2021:
- Best prepaid mobile plan: $25 gomo mobile plan
- Best postpaid mobile plan: Moose 29.80 SIM Only
- Best cheap mobile plan: iiNet Mobile Large Plan
- Best mobile plan with high data: Circles.Life 100GB Monthly Plan
- Best unlimited data mobile plan: felix Finder Promo
- Best mobile plan for coverage: Boost $30 Prepaid SIM
- Best long expiry mobile plan: Optus Prepaid Epic Value 100GB $180 365 Days
- Best mobile plan for low usage: Circles.Life 5GB Monthly Plan
- Best mobile plan for international calls: Lebara Medium 30 Day
The best mobile plans for December 2021 were picked by our team of mobile plan experts on 2 December 2021 and reviewed by our senior writer, Mariam Gabaji.
1. Best prepaid mobile plan
What we like about gomo:
- 30-day free plan trial when if you activate your plan with an eSIM (only on eSIM capable devices).
- Rollover up to 200GB of data if you don't use it all up during the month.
- Runs on the Optus 4G network.
This plan also runs without a contract so you're free to switch plans whenever you want.
2. Best postpaid mobile plan
What we like about Moose:
- Price cut for your first year - get it for $24.80 for your first 12 months, then $29.80 per month after.
- You'll also get 15GB bonus data per month for the first 12 months. This plan comes with 35GB each month from your second year onwards.
- No lock-in contract so you can switch if you change your mind.
Moose operates on the Optus 4G network so you'll get the same coverage with it as you would on an Optus plan.
3. Best cheap mobile plan
What we like about iiNet:
- Get 50% off your monthly plan cost for the first 6 months. This plan costs $15 for 6 months, then reverts to $29.99 per month.
- No lock-in contract so you can switch if you change your mind
- If you're already an iiNet Internet customer, you'll get a bonus 80GB on this plan making it 120GB for $15 for the first 6 months, which is fantastic value.
If you're looking for more data and still a cheap option, iiNet also offers a similar plan with 55GB for $20 per month for the first 6 months.
This is the only mobile plan from iiNet that comes with 100 international minutes included.
4. Best mobile plan with high data
Circles.Life 100GB Monthly Plan
Calls & Text
Get this plan for $30 a month for the first 6 months, then $45 a month after. Offer ends 04.01.2022, 1PM AEDT.
What we like about Circles.Life:
- It currently costs $30 for your first 6 months. The price goes back to its original $45 after.
- No lock-in contract so you can switch if you don't want to pay the ongoing price.
- 4 hour SIM delivery if you live in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth.
Circles.Life also offers a customer satisfaction guarantee, so you could get your plan fees refunded if you're unhappy with its service. Make sure you check out its T&Cs though, as some restrictions apply.
5. Best unlimited data mobile plan
felix Finder Promo
Calls & Text
Finder exclusive offer: $17.50 a month for the first 3 months. Use code FINDER50. New customers only. Price reverts to $35 a month after. Ends 14.12.2021.
What we like about felix:
- Get 50% your plan for 3 months when you sign up using our exclusive discount code, 'FINDER50'. Price reverts to $35 a month after.
- Speeds are limited to 20Mbps but it's still fast enough to browse the web, scroll through your socials, video-chat and stream Netflix (maybe not all at the same time though).
- Environmentally-focused provider that is certified carbon neutral and plants 1 tree per month for every active subscription
If you're not keen on getting speed-capped on felix's plan, the only other truly unlimited option is Vodafone's $85 plan below.
The price tag might be an issue for some, but you'll get to use as much data as you want, for as fast as your mobile Internet will let you go.
You can expect around 39Mbps in Vodafone 4G areas, which is almost twice as fast what felix is offering.
6. Best mobile plan for coverage
What we like about Boost:
- Boost is the only other provider to offer full Telstra 4G coverage besides Telstra itself. It does it for a fraction of the price too.
- Get a bonus 25GB of data for the first 3 recharges - that's a total of 45GB - before dropping down to 20GB from your 4th recharge onwards.
Boost also offers data rollover for any data you don't use at the end of your expiry period and adds it to your next recharge.
7. Best long expiry mobile plan
Optus Prepaid Epic Value 100GB $180 365 Days
Calls & Text
per 365 days
Get 120GB for $150 when you sign up online. Plan reverts to 60GB for $180 from your second year onwards.
What we like about Optus:
- Save on your first year - new customers get 120GB for $150 instead of 60GB for $180.
- Unlimited standard national calls and texts.
- Data rollover of 50GB available to use for your second year if you choose to renew.
We've got more long expiry picks to suit your needs here.
8. Best prepaid plan for low usage
What we like about Circles:
- 5GB a month should be enough especially if you're already using your WiFi at home
- Runs on the Optus 4G network
- Unlimited calls and texts within Australia
9. Best mobile plan for international calls
What we like about Lebara:
- International calls to 35 selected countries
- Unlimited calls and texts within Australia too
- Data banking for up to 200GB
During the sign-up process, we suggest double checking that the countries you're interested in calling are covered on this plan.
Compare to find the best mobile plan
We've picked the best mobile plans for this month, but that doesn't mean there aren't more deals out there for you.
You can use the table below to compare all the mobile plans available in our database to find the right one for your needs.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Need more information?
You can follow the links below to find out more about mobile plans.
Porting your mobile number
Worried about losing your current mobile number? You can easily keep it when you switch providers by following these 5 steps.
5G in Australia
Learn more about the 5G rollout in Australia including who offers it and where it's available.
More guides on Finder
The best products to achieve the clean beauty look
From where the no-makeup makeup look meets the model off duty vibe, we've put together a range of no-fuss products you'll love.
Where to watch Moulin Rouge! online in Australia
Every man wanted her – 1 man dared to love her.
How to watch Man United vs Arsenal Premier League live and match preview
Manchester United are scrambling to stay in touch with the top 4 as they host Arsenal this week
12-day advent calendars you can still get before Christmas
From toys to socks to beauty items, these are the top 12-day advent calendars you can still enjoy in the lead up to Christmas.
McDonald’s (MCD) share price, company profile and news
Steps to owning and managing McDonald's shares from in Australia.
Reputation & Christmas parties: Why I won’t be having a festive celebration this year
Reputation + Christmas parties: could it be the potential volcano erupting leaving rands, families and individuals to deal with the fallout?
Pay-as-you-groan: On-demand insurance that pays you $2K for a broken arm
Insurtech Flip has shaken up the insurance industry by launching the first on-demand injury cover in the country.
How to invest in the Qualitas Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Qualitas Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the WA1 Resources IPO
Everything we know about the WA1 Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
This Finder exclusive offer gets you 50% off for 3 months.
Avoid bill shock and control your spending with the best-value offers.
Ask an Expert