Compare TPG mobile plans
TPG's simple prepaid plans offer plenty of value at every price point.
Is TPG right for me?
- What does TPG offer? In the mobile space, TPG offers a handful of prepaid plans powered by the Vodafone 3G and 4G networks. These complement TPG's popular NBN and ADSL broadband plans.
- Product highlights: TPG provides steep discounts for new customers, no lock-in contracts, and international minutes are included with most plans.
- Watch out for: TPG's discount pricing is only available to new customers and only applies to the first six months of service. From month seven onwards, pricing reverts to TPG's regular rates.
Compare mobile plans below
TPG prepaid plans
TPG's prepaid plans explained
All of TPG's prepaid plans are delivered over the Vodafone 3G and 4G networks. Billing occurs on a month-to-month basis, although by default TPG will automatically renew your plan at the end of each billing month so there's some similarity to postpaid contract plans. You can optionally top up your prepaid balance in advance if you wish to take advantage of TPG's $10/GB excess rates. Otherwise, once you reach your data usage cap, your access to data services will be cut off until your next billing cycle.
All of TPG's prepaid plans include unlimited standard national calls and texts alongside data caps ranging from 4GB up to 20GB. While special deals are frequent, regular pricing is as follows:
- TPG Small: 4GB data for $19.99 a month
- TPG Medium: 10GB data plus 100 international calling minutes for $29.99 a month
- TPG Large: 15GB data plus 100 international calling minutes for $34.99 a month
- TPG Extra Large: 20GB data plus 100 international calling minutes for $39.99 a month
New customers receive a TPG SIM card at no additional cost when they sign up.
TPG frequently runs special offers, especially for new customers, so it's well worth checking current pricing as detailed in the table above.
TPG PAYG plan
TPG's PAYG plan explained
TPG also provides a pay-as-you-go (PAYG) mobile plan where you load up an account with prepaid credit to be used as you see fit for any combination of calls, texts or data usage. There's a minimum initial credit balance of $20 payable in advance to cover excess charges, although technically you could run a TPG PAYG account on as little as $1 per month once you've set it up. That $1 gets you 50MB of data, with any extra data usage or calls/texts charged against your prepaid balance at the following rates:
- Calls: 9.9c per minute plus 10c flagfall
- SMS: 9.9c each
- Data: 10c per MB
- International calls: 35c flagfall with rates varying from country to country
How does TPG mobile compare?
- Six-month discount for new customers is a good deal
- Standard pricing is a little on the high side compared to other prepaid providers
TPG's prepaid plans are quite simple, even by prepaid standards, but they're worth considering if you're already a happy TPG customer, or if you want to take advantage of its prepaid special offers that pop up from time to time.
Why should you consider TPG?
TPG's plans are quite simple and that does have some appeal, although this will change in 2019 once TPG gets its own mobile network up and running. Early signs are that it will focus on "unlimited" data plans, but it's feasible it may offer similar plans to its existing Vodafone network based offerings.
Currently, you're not paying for extras such as streaming services, bonus data pools or particularly large quantities of international calling minutes, which can have some appeal if your mobile needs are simple.
Outside the PAYG plan, you have no worries for standard calls and texts within Australia, although predictably "premium" calls and SMS services are not covered and will attract additional charges.
How to recharge TPG prepaid services
TPG mobile's SIM-only services operate on a prepaid basis, so you pay for usage up-front, but as part of the set-up process you agree to rolling recharges each month, deducted from your nominated payment method. There's no way to set manual recharges to speak of, although if you have additional prepaid credit on your account it can be used to purchase additional services such as data blocks.
- Online via credit card or bank account: TPG mobile's account portal is the gateway to checking your payment method and contact details, as well as adding any additional credit you may wish to use to top up your account. Payments can be deducted from a nominated bank account or via credit card.
TPG mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
How to contact TPG mobile
|Account & billing|
Monday - Friday, 8am-10pm
Weekends & Public Holidays, 9am-9pm
Read more on this topic
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Should you keep your landline? With unlimited calls now a standard inclusion for mobile plans, why are some Aussies yet to hang up on their home phone?
Google Pixel 4 plans compared If you're keen on a Google Pixel 4 on contract through Telstra, Optus or Vodafone, we've got all the details you need.
3G network shutdown Australia: What you need to know 3G networks will be decommissioned in Australia, but there’s still time to make plans for the switch-off – it's a few years away yet.
Optus adds Galaxy S10 5G and Oppo Reno 5G to its 5G line-up Telstra’s exclusive on Samsung and Oppo’s 5G handsets comes to an end, with the Oppo Reno 5G joining the Optus ranks.
Compare Australian iPhone 11 plans If you're after the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro Max on contract, you've got plenty of options to consider.
Telstra rolls out iPhone 11 plans with bonus Telstra Plus points Score points towards a variety of rewards with Telstra's iPhone 11 plans.
Optus is offering iPhone 11 plans with up to 200GB of data Choose from all three models of the latest iPhone on a range of 24-month and 36-month contracts.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert