Moose Mobile provides a range of high-value 3G and 4G SIM-only plans designed to help you save on your mobile bill.
Moose Mobile provides SIM-only postpaid mobile plans running on the Optus 3G and Optus 4G networks. It offers both 12-month contracts and no-lock-in month-to-month plans which let you switch carrier or pricing tiers at any time without penalty.
Moose Mobile 4G plans
Moose Mobile's primary SIM-only offerings are a range of plans that operate on the Optus 4G network. All but the base-level plan offer unlimited standard national calls and unlimited standard national and international texts along with data inclusions, and the $39 plan comes with an additional $400 of international credit for overseas calling.
In terms of base pricing, here's how Moose Mobile's month-to-month 4G plans stack up:
- Moose Mobile 9: 200 minutes of calls, unlimited SMS/MMS, 1GB data $9
- Moose Mobile 14: unlimited calls, unlimited SMS/MMS, 1.5GB data $14
- Moose Mobile 19: unlimited calls, unlimited SMS/MMS, 2.5GB data $19
- Moose Mobile 29: unlimited calls, unlimited SMS/MMS, 5GB data $29
- Moose Mobile 34: unlimited calls, unlimited SMS/MMS, 10GB data $34
- Moose Mobile 39: unlimited calls, unlimited SMS/MMS, $400 international credit, 18GB data $39
Moose Mobile's 12-month plans offer slightly more bang for your buck to offset the longer commitment:
- Moose Mobile 9: 220 minutes of calls, unlimited SMS/MMS, 1GB data $9
- Moose Mobile 14: unlimited calls, unlimited SMS/MMS, 2GB data $14
- Moose Mobile 19: unlimited calls, unlimited SMS/MMS, 3GB data $19
- Moose Mobile 25: unlimited calls, unlimited SMS/MMS, 5GB data $25
- Moose Mobile 29: unlimited calls, unlimited SMS/MMS, 10GB data $29
- Moose Mobile 35: unlimited calls, unlimited SMS/MMS, $400 international credit, 18GB data $35
Moose Mobile does offer special discounts from time to time, so it's well worth checking its current deals, as shown below:Back to top
Moose Mobile 3G plans
If you crave more data than Moose Mobile's 4G plans provide, you can opt for one of its 3G plans instead. These operate on the Optus 3G network only, meaning that data throughput speeds are lower, but actual data quotas are much higher. Here's the current rundown of available Moose Mobile 3G SIM-only plans:
- Moose Mobile 49: 3G only, unlimited calls, unlimited SMS/MMS, 30GB data $49
- Moose Mobile 78: 3G only, unlimited calls, unlimited SMS/MMS, 90GB data $78
On a 12-month contract, the above plans drop to $47 and $76 a month respectively.
Here's the full details on Moose Mobile's current deals for those plans:Back to top
How does Moose Mobile compare?
Moose Mobile's plans are simple to understand and compare, competing primarily on price and data inclusions. Its Moose Mobile 9 plan is one of the cheapest monthly postpaid plans around, but it's not alone in the low cost space. Here's how it compares to other postpaid plans under $10:
At the top end of its 4G plan pricing, Moose Mobile's 34 plan compares quite favourably. Here's how it stacks up against other postpaid plans priced under $35:
If you're keen on a high-data plan, Moose Mobile's 78 plan compares well for overall value, although you will have to be content with slower data speeds than on the 4G network. Here's how it compares to other 3G-only postpaid SIM-only plans priced under $100 per month:Back to top
Why should you consider Moose Mobile?
Moose Mobile's plans are simple and flexible, with no lock-in beyond your current contract month, and decent data inclusions to offer superior value. There's no real additional extras with its plans, so if you crave streaming inclusions, international call packs or data-quota-free activities, it may not be the best match, but if you're after simple value it's certainly worth considering and comparing.Back to top
Compare all mobile providers
Follow us for all the latest mobile phone news and deals
- [UPDATED] Australia hit with more widespread Telstra network outages
- Network outages: What are your rights?
- Optus boosts speeds and simplifies NBN plans
- Vodafone’s 4.9G network promises improved speeds, but it’s not quite 5G yet
- Score a massive 45GB of mobile data for just $15 with Catch Connect’s latest deal