- 30 day satisfaction guarantee.
- Optus Sport options available on many plans.
- Well known for their reliability.
Optus Mobile Plans
Optus has many plans for you to say “Yes” to, from postpaid to simple SIM only prepaid deals.
As Australia’s second-biggest telecommunications company, Optus has a vast selection of plans on offer. Being a common household name, Optus packs in data with a couple of extra features on their mobile plans.
Compare Optus prepaid mobile plans here
Pick from one of Optus's four different flavours of prepaid mobile plans, focusing on data, long expiry or better value.
Compare Optus SIM only postpaid mobile plans here
Have a phone already? Chuck in an Optus SIM and get calling or browsing with one of these SIM only plans.
Compare Optus mobile phone plans here
Get one of the latest cutting-edge phone models on a plan from Optus. Choose between a 12-, 24- or 36-month contract period. We've preselected the iPhone 11 64GB and Samsung Galaxy S20 5G handsets, but you can choose other models by clicking 'filter results'.
Optus review: Why choose it?
As Australia’s second biggest mobile carrier, Optus has some fairly expensive plans that include lots of features:
- Free and extra streaming. All but the cheapest of the SIM only plans have data-free streaming of Apple Music and Optus Sport, so long as you have the appropriate subscriptions. You also get 10GB bonus streaming for Netflix, Stan and ABC Kids on Epic Data prepaid plans.
- International inclusions. All but the cheapest of the SIM only plans have unlimited international calls to 35 countries.
- Data pooling. If you have multiple people with SIM only plans, you can share your data between accounts.
- Roaming. SIM only plans include limited or optional roaming, with more roaming on the more expensive plans.
- Prepaid add-ons. You can mix up your prepaid plans with a bunch of optional add-ons, including Optus Sport and data roaming.
- Build your own plan. Optus has a build-your-own-plan function, where you can choose how much monthly data, international inclusions and international roaming you want.
- Brand reliability. Australia’s second biggest telco, Optus has a reputation for reliability.
- Optus Sport. Optus Sport has exclusive access to the English Premier League and UEFA Champions League, as well as other competitions.
- Huge range. Optus has lots of plans on offer with a greater chance that one will suit you.
- Satisfaction guarantee. There’s a 30-day satisfaction guarantee on Optus plans, meaning you can cancel penalty-free in the first 30 days if you’re not happy.
- Expensive. Optus’s plans are by no means the cheapest on the market and you’ll be paying for the privilege.
- 28-day expiry periods. The main line of prepaid plans have 28-day expiries, meaning you’ll have to recharge an extra time per year.
Optus network coverage
The Optus network covers 98.5% of Australians, including all capital cities and over 700 regional towns.
Optus Mobile: FAQ
How do I switch to Optus?
How to recharge Optus?
Read more on this topic
Circles.Life outperforms all other mobile providers with its $28 plan With $10 off a month for a limited time only, we show you why Circles.Life's 100GB plan is a clear winner against its competitors.
amaysim acquires OVO: What does that mean for you? The deal cements amaysim's status as Australia's largest MVNO.
The best deals in Telstra’s Super Saver sale Find out how you could save up to $330 on a new mobile phone with Telstra's Super Saver deals.
New iPhone SE 2020 Plans from Telstra, Optus & Vodafone Telstra, Vodafone & Optus have released mobile plans for the new iPhone SE 2020. We've broken down their prices and features here.
Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown Spending more time at home means we're using our mobile data less. Save $100 over the next 3 months by switching to a cheap mobile plan.
Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price We compare the two offerings and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert