Home insurance deals in June 2021
Choose from loads of home insurance deals and spend the savings on something fun.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Home insurance is a significant investment, but you can save considerably by looking for discounts before settling on a policy. Use these savings to purchase a higher level of cover and enjoy additional protection, or end up with more money in your pocket.
Compare home insurance special offers for June 2021
What other types of discounts can I get on home insurance?
Before choosing an insurer, check which of the following discounts you may be eligible for:
- Multi-policy discounts. By holding multiple insurance policies with an insurer, you can often get additional discounts on secondary policies, including combined or separate home and contents cover.
- Cheaper policies online. You can get a discount of up to 25% just for buying home insurance online.
- Membership and loyalty discounts and bonuses. Whether it’s free rewards for members, increased discounts at each policy renewal or straightforward reduced prices after a certain amount of time, you can save more money by sticking with the right insurer.
- Security system discounts. If your home is well secured, you don’t need to pay as much for cover.
- No-claims discounts. As with other types of insurance, you can receive a discount if you haven’t made a claim for a certain amount of time.
- Seniors’ discounts. Over 55s and pensioners can sometimes get a seniors’ discount.
How else can I save on cover?
Almost everyone can access home insurance discounts and there are many ways to save through careful policy management.
- Opt for a higher excess. Many insurers will let you choose lower premiums for a higher excess or vice versa.
- Avoid unnecessary claims. Maintain your no-claims bonus by avoiding small, non-essential claims. If you intend on doing this, you may want to opt for lower premiums and a higher excess.
- Consider your payment schedule. Consider what kind of payment schedule works for your budget. Paying your premiums annually is often cheaper than paying monthly. If you can’t pay your premium all at once, it’s worth looking for an insurer that offers monthly, fortnightly or other payment schedules at no extra cost.
- Good maintenance and weatherproofing. Many home insurance claims are the result of poor maintenance or not having an appropriately weatherproofed home. Reduce your chances of needing to make a claim and keep total costs down by making sure your home has suitable weatherproofing for your area and by fixing small problems before they become big ones.
- Choose the right sum insured. Your total sum insured is the amount you could claim if you lost everything. If it’s too low then you’re underinsured and if it’s too high then you’re paying too much. Choose the right amount for your needs and consider discounts as a way of either reducing costs or getting additional cover at the same price.
What types of home insurance policies can I get discounted?
The discounts available depend on the insurer and on any limited offers that are present at the time. Based on these factors, you can get deals on the following:
- Combined home and contents insurance. It’s usually more cost effective to bundle your home and contents insurance with the same provider. You can then find additional discounts for a combined home and contents insurance policy here.
- Building insurance or contents insurance. Sometimes it might be more effective to separate your building and contents insurance policies. When separated, you can get discounts for building-only insurance and deals for contents-only cover.
- Renters insurance. Discounts aren’t limited to homeowners. Renters can also find ways to spend less on cover.
- Landlord insurance. Landlords can save too and enjoy many of the same deals on home and contents insurance policies.
By looking for deals and discounts, you don’t leave yourself unprotected. Almost everyone, no matter what their living situation or insurance needs, can find discounts for their home insurance. If you’re paying full price for your cover, it might be time for a change.
Get the latest home insurance news
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 75% off 14-litre Air Fryers, 50% off Amazon Echo Auto, win $10,000 with Optus.
Marriage and divorce statistics 2021
Finder found more than 3 million Aussies have lived with an ex-partner to save money.
eBay has smashed home essentials by 89%
eBay has smashed home essentials by up to 89% off, including Finish Powerball dishwashing capsules - here are the best deals.
Killer Apple deal: $180 off AirPods Max headphones
eBay's Plus Weekend AirPods Max deal is coming, but you can actually get the headphones cheaper right now.
Australian Unity Fixed Rate Home Loan Health Wealth Happiness Package
A review of Australian Unity’s fixed rate home loan. Discover the features and benefits.
Business car loans
If you're after a business car, compare your vehicle finance and car loan options and get your business on the road.
2021 MG ZS Review
It seems the ZST is really a jack of all trades kind of car. It looks good, is specced well, drives nicely and is acceptably practical.
Epson ET-4750 review: Great value for heavy duty print users
If you’re unhappy with excessive ink cartridge costs and you get through a lot of document printing, the Epson ET-4750 offers great value.
Family Home Guarantee
Your guide to the federal government's Family Home Guarantee, which lets single parents buy a home with a 2% deposit.
The expenses preventing Aussie households from saving
Food, utility bills and eating out are the top expenses preventing Australians from building wealth. Find out how to boost your income and cut your expenses.
Ask an Expert