iiNet mobile plans
One of the country's largest broadband providers, iiNet also offers a range of 4G mobile plans.
Is iiNet right for me?
- What does iiNet offer? iiNet's mobile division offers month-to-month SIM-only plans on the Optus 3G and 4G networks. Unfortunately, there are no discounts for bundling these plans with iiNet's broadband services.
- Product highlights: No-lock-in contracts, international call credit on selected plans.
- Watch out for: iiNet's cheaper mobile plans include a finite amount of call credit rather than unlimited talk and text. If you spend a lot of time chatting or texting, you may find yourself running out of credit with these plans before the month is up.
Compare mobile plans below
iiNet SIM-only plans
iiNet's SIM-only plans explained
iiNet's SIM-only plans operate on the Optus 3G and 4G networks. They feature no-lock-in, month-to-month contracts, meaning you can cancel your service at any time without having to pay out an early termination fee. Unlike some SIM-only telcos, iiNet doesn't include unlimited calls and texts with each of its plans; iiNet's cheaper plans come with a fixed amount of monthly call credit instead.
- $15.00 plan, which includes 1GB of data and $550 worth of standard national and international calls and texts
- $19.99 plan, which includes 2GB of data and $550 worth of standard national and international calls and texts
- $24.99 plan, which includes 3GB of data and unlimited standard national calls and texts
- $29.99 plan, which includes 4GB of data, unlimited standard national calls and texts and $100 worth of international calls
- $37.99 plan, which includes 9GB of data, unlimited standard national calls and texts and $300 worth of international calls
When first signing up to any of iiNet's SIM-only plans, you'll also need to purchase an iiNet SIM card. This one-off $10 charge will be automatically added to your first monthly bill, with subsequent bills returning to the normal monthly rate.
If you use up all your monthly data on one of iiNet's SIM-only plans, you'll be automatically charged $10 for every 1GB you go over your monthly limit. This charge is rounded up, so even if you only use 10MB over your cap, you'll be charged for the full 1GB. It's also worth noting that iiNet may restrict your service if you use more than 10GB over your plan's monthly inclusions.
How does iiNet compare?
- Data caps are relatively low compared to the competition
- The lack of unlimited calls on budget plans places them at a marked disadvantage
iiNet's SIM-only plans cover a broad range of budgets, resulting in an equally-wide array of competing providers to weigh iiNet against.
Why should you consider iiNet?
Though iiNet's SIM-only plans aren't miles behind the competition, they still offer less value for your money than top providers like amaysim and Spintel.
Still, if you're after a decent chunk of monthly data along with credit to call friends and family overseas, iiNet's $39.99 and $49.99 plans are at least worth considering. Few other SIM-only plans in that price range get you as much international call credit and because all iiNet's plans are offered on no-lock-in, month-to-month contracts, you can take them for a spin without committing yourself to anything long term.
iiNet mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
- 365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020
- Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data
Read more on this topic
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020 We help you make the most of every recharge with these top-value 365 day & other long expiry prepaid plans. We've selected picks on each major network, and broken down the pros & cons of the plans for easy comparison.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Google Pixel 4 plans compared If you're keen on a Google Pixel 4 on contract through Telstra, Optus or Vodafone, we've got all the details you need.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert