iiNet mobile plans
One of the country's largest broadband providers, iiNet also offers a range of 4G mobile plans.
Is iiNet right for me?
- What does iiNet offer? iiNet's mobile division offers month-to-month SIM-only plans on the Optus 3G and 4G networks. Unfortunately, there are no discounts for bundling these plans with iiNet's broadband services.
- Product highlights: No-lock-in contracts, international call credit on selected plans.
- Watch out for: iiNet's cheaper mobile plans include a finite amount of call credit rather than unlimited talk and text. If you spend a lot of time chatting or texting, you may find yourself running out of credit with these plans before the month is up.
Compare mobile plans below
iiNet SIM-only plans
iiNet's SIM-only plans explained
iiNet's SIM-only plans operate on the Optus 3G and 4G networks. They feature no-lock-in, month-to-month contracts, meaning you can cancel your service at any time without having to pay out an early termination fee. Unlike some SIM-only telcos, iiNet doesn't include unlimited calls and texts with each of its plans; iiNet's cheaper plans come with a fixed amount of monthly call credit instead.
- Mobile Voice $15.00, which includes 1GB of data and $550 worth of standard national calls and texts
- Mobile Voice $19.99, which includes 2GB of data and $550 worth of standard national calls and texts
- Mobile Voice $24.99, which includes 3GB of data and unlimited standard national calls and texts
- Mobile Voice $29.99, which includes 4GB of data, unlimited standard national calls and texts and $100 worth of international calls
- Mobile Voice $37.99, which includes 9GB of data, unlimited standard national calls and texts and $300 worth of international calls
When first signing up to any of iiNet's SIM-only plans, you'll also need to purchase an iiNet SIM card. This one-off $10 charge will be automatically added to your first monthly bill, with subsequent bills returning to the normal monthly rate.
If you use up all your monthly data on one of iiNet's SIM-only plans, you'll be automatically charged $10 for every 1GB you go over your monthly limit. This charge is rounded up, so even if you only use 10MB over your cap, you'll be charged for the full 1GB. It's also worth noting that iiNet may restrict your service if you use more than 10GB over your plan's monthly inclusions.
How does iiNet compare?
- Data caps are relatively low compared to the competition
- The lack of unlimited calls on budget plans places them at a marked disadvantage
iiNet's SIM-only plans cover a broad range of budgets, resulting in an equally-wide array of competing providers to weigh iiNet against.
Why should you consider iiNet?
Though iiNet's SIM-only plans aren't miles behind the competition, they still offer less value for your money than top providers like amaysim and Spintel.
Still, if you're after a decent chunk of monthly data along with credit to call friends and family overseas, iiNet's $39.99 and $49.99 plans are at least worth considering. Few other SIM-only plans in that price range get you as much international call credit and because all iiNet's plans are offered on no-lock-in, month-to-month contracts, you can take them for a spin without committing yourself to anything long term.
iiNet mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
How to contact iiNet
|Phone||Technical support: 13 22 58|
Sales: 13 19 17
|Chat support||Technical support: 24/7|
Sales: Mon to Fri: 8am to 11pm
Sat to Sun: 8:30am to 8pm
|Online queries||Submit an online query|
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert