Compare Southern Phone's standalone SIM-only plans as well as its contract phone offerings.
Is Southern Phone right for me?
- What does Southern Phone offer? Southern Phone offers postpaid SIM-only plans on the Optus mobile network, as well as a small range of handset plans on the same network. Despite the name, Southern Phone also deals in broadband plans including NBN, ADSL and mobile broadband services.
- Product highlights: Solid value on 12-month plans.
- Watch out for: Southern Phone's 12-month plans are cheaper than their month-to-month counterparts, but you could have to pay an early exit fee of up to $110 if you choose to cancel your contract early.
Southern Phone Green plans
Southern Phone's Green plans explained
Southern Phone's Green plans operate on a postpaid basis with coverage handled by the Optus 3G and 4G networks. They're available on both month-to-month and 12-month contracts, with the latter option packing in more data for the same price. All Green plans regardless of contract length include unlimited standard calls and texts, with pricing shaking out as follows:
12-month Green plans
- Southern Phone Green 11: Unlimited calls and texts, 1GB data, $11
- Southern Phone Green 16: Unlimited calls and texts, 3GB data, $16
- Southern Phone Green 22: Unlimited calls and texts, 7GB data, $22
- Southern Phone Green 32: Unlimited calls and texts, 16GB data, $32
- Southern Phone Green 40: Unlimited calls and texts, 30GB data, $40
Month-to-month Green plans
- Southern Phone Green 12: Unlimited calls and texts, 500MB data, $12
- Southern Phone Green 22: Unlimited calls and texts, 3GB data, $22
- Southern Phone Green 35: Unlimited calls and texts, 10GB data, $35
- Southern Phone Green 50: Unlimited calls and texts, 15GB data, $50
Southern Phone contract plans
Southern Phone's contract plans explained
Southern Phone also offers a range of handset contract plans for folks who want a new phone as well as a new plan. These plans are focused primarily on affordable feature phones and budget smartphones, but you can also find a few premium smartphones up for grabs, too.
These contract plans pair Southern Phone's regular Green plans with a 24-month handset contract. Handset repayments will vary depending on your handset choice; for example, the table above shows what you'd pay for a Samsung Galaxy S10 on Southern Phone's contract plans.
How does Southern Phone compare?
- 12-month Green plans represent solid value for money
- Month-to-month plans don't stand up as well against the competition
Why should you consider Southern Phone?
Southern Phone offers solid value on its 12-month plans, especially if you're interested in its higher-tier plans. It's also one of only a few carriers to offer simple feature phones on contract terms, which is handy if you're not keen on having a smartphone and just require simple mobile phone services.
How to contact Southern Phone
|Phone||13 14 64|
|Call centre||8am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday|
|Southern Phone's Facebook page|