Southern Phone Mobile Phone Plans
Compare Southern Phone's SIM only plans as well as its contract phone offerings.
Southern Phone is one of the largest providers of communications services to rural Australia, and was acquired by energy giant AGL at the end of 2019. They have a number of monthly and contract mobile plans on offer.
- Good value on contract plans.
- Phone handsets available on a plan.
- Wide range of different plans to choose from.
Compare Southern Phone's month-to-month SIM-only plans here
For the contract-shy or those in need of flexibility, Southern Phone has a decent selection of month-to-month plans available.
Compare Southern Phone's 12-month SIM-only plans here
If you're comfortable staying with Southern Phone for a whole year, you can get a pretty good deal on data with one of these contract SIM-only plans.
Compare Southern Phone mobile phone plans below
Whether you want a brand new top-of-the-line handset or a slightly older model, you can get phones like the Samsung Galaxy S20 or Alcatel 1X on a 24-month contract. You can click the "filter results" button to add different handsets to view its plans.
Southern Phone review: Why choose it?
Though they require you to lock into a contract, Southern Phone's 12-month plans are some of the better value deals available on the market, made even sweeter with a couple of promotional offers. You can even get a couple of recent models to go with them — just watch out, because the contract plan prices will jump up if you're on them for longer than two years.
On top of basic inclusions, Southern Phone offers:
- International credit. Some of Southern Phone's plans come with a certain amount of international credit that you can use to call overseas. Rates will vary depending on where you're calling.
- Roaming. If you use your phone while overseas, you'll automatically be subject to international roaming rates. Be aware these can add up very quickly and you are likely better off with a cheaper alternative, like a local SIM.
- Contract value. Southern Phone's 12-month contract plans are extremely competitive for how much data they offer.
- Handset plans. Southern Phone is one of only a handful of MVNOs to sell plans with a phone, which can help you avoid the expensive plans of the big three telcos.
- Termination fees. While contracts may give good value, you'll have to pay quite a bit if you want to leave or change early.
Southern Phone network coverage
Southern Phone is powered by the Optus 4G network, which reaches about 98.5% of the population.
Southern Phone: FAQ
How do I switch to Southern Phone?
Read more on this topic
How does Optus's unlimited mobile top-up stack up? $5 for unlimited data for 24 hours, so what's the catch?
Circles.Life outperforms all other mobile providers with its $28 plan With $10 off a month for a limited time only, we show you why Circles.Life's 100GB plan is a clear winner against its competitors.
amaysim acquires OVO: What does that mean for you? The deal cements amaysim's status as Australia's largest MVNO.
The best deals in Telstra’s Super Saver sale Find out how you could save up to $330 on a new mobile phone with Telstra's Super Saver deals.
New iPhone SE 2020 Plans from Telstra, Optus & Vodafone Telstra, Vodafone & Optus have released mobile plans for the new iPhone SE 2020. We've broken down their prices and features here.
Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown Spending more time at home means we're using our mobile data less. Save $100 over the next 3 months by switching to a cheap mobile plan.
Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price We compare the two offerings and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert