Southern Phone Mobile Phone Plans
Compare Southern Phone's SIM only plans as well as its contract phone offerings.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Southern Phone is one of the largest providers of communications services to rural Australia, and was acquired by energy giant AGL at the end of 2019. They have a number of monthly and contract mobile plans on offer.
- Good value on contract plans.
- Phone handsets available on a plan.
- Wide range of different plans to choose from.
Compare Southern Phone's month-to-month SIM-only plans here
For the contract-shy or those in need of flexibility, Southern Phone has a decent selection of month-to-month plans available.
Compare Southern Phone's 12-month SIM-only plans here
If you're comfortable staying with Southern Phone for a whole year, you can get a pretty good deal on data with one of these contract SIM-only plans.
Compare Southern Phone mobile phone plans below
Whether you want a brand new top-of-the-line handset or a slightly older model, you can get phones like the Samsung Galaxy S20 on a 24-month contract. You can click the "filter results" button to add different handsets to view its plans.
Southern Phone review: Why choose it?
Though they require you to lock into a contract, Southern Phone's 12-month plans are some of the better value deals available on the market, made even sweeter with a couple of promotional offers. You can even get a couple of recent models to go with them — just watch out, because the contract plan prices will jump up if you're on them for longer than two years.
On top of basic inclusions, Southern Phone offers:
- International credit. Some of Southern Phone's plans come with a certain amount of international credit that you can use to call overseas. Rates will vary depending on where you're calling.
- Roaming. If you use your phone while overseas, you'll automatically be subject to international roaming rates. Be aware these can add up very quickly and you are likely better off with a cheaper alternative, like a local SIM.
- Contract value. Southern Phone's 12-month contract plans are extremely competitive for how much data they offer.
- Handset plans. Southern Phone is one of only a handful of MVNOs to sell plans with a phone, which can help you avoid the expensive plans of the big three telcos.
- Termination fees. While contracts may give good value, you'll have to pay quite a bit if you want to leave or change early.
Southern Phone network coverage
Southern Phone is powered by the Optus 4G network, which reaches about 98.5% of the population.
Southern Phone: FAQ
How do I switch to Southern Phone?
- What’s the cheapest way to get 5G?
- Does new green brand Felix mean cheaper mobile plans soon?
- Get access to Australia’s largest 5G network with a Telstra iPhone 12 plan
- What’s the cheapest way to get an iPhone 12 plan in Australia?
- Get “infinite” data when you sign up to an iPhone 12 plan with Vodafone
More guides on Finder
Should I import an iPhone 12 from the USA?
The US model of the iPhone 12 has superior 5G support compared to the Australian model, but there are some details to be aware of before you order an American iPhone 12.
Does new green brand Felix mean cheaper mobile plans soon?
TPG is launching another provider under its growing belt of brands. Felix will be a carbon neutral provider, but will its plans stack up to the competition?
Get access to Australia’s largest 5G network with a Telstra iPhone 12 plan
Pre-order the new iPhone 12 on a plan with Telstra and get access to Australia’s largest 5G network, with plenty of other features attached.
What’s the cheapest way to get an iPhone 12 plan in Australia?
We’ve compared what’s on offer and found the cheapest iPhone plans in the country.
Get “infinite” data when you sign up to an iPhone 12 plan with Vodafone
Vodafone’s plans come with "infinite" data and access to its 5G network. Check out its iPhone 12 plans here.
Optus is offering the new iPhone 12 for under $100 a month
Getting your hands on the new iPhone 12 doesn't have to cost you a fortune upfront.
Save $120 a year with Telstra’s NBN 50 plan: Is it better than the rest?
How does Telstra’s discounted NBN 50 plan stack up to its competitors?
Best GPS navigation systems in Australia 2020
These are the best GPS Navigation Systems in Australia for 2020, as determined by thousands of real customer reviews.
Best Amazon Prime Day 2020 phone deals
Amazon Prime Day's best phone deals include 24% off Samsung's Galaxy Note20, the Nokia 800 Tough 4G for under $150, cheap iPhone accessories and more.
Should I Buy The iPhone 11?
Ahead of the expected reveal of the iPhone 12, now might seem like the time to snaffle up an iPhone 11 bargain, but there's actually a better bargain to be had in low-cost iPhones.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Circles.Life gives you loads of data for an affordable price.
Avoid bill shock and control your spending with the best-value offers.
Ask an Expert