- Phone handsets available on a plan.
- No excess usage bill shock.
- Grocery discounts included.
Woolworths Mobile Plans & Review
Grab a mobile plan with your shopping: Here's everything you need to know about Woolworths Mobile.
You may know Woolworths best as a grocery chain, but it has returned to the mobile market with a vengeance, offering a full suite of prepaid and SIM only plans. It is even one of the few MVNOs to sell cutting-edge phones on a plan.
Overall, Woolworths Mobile provides a good option somewhere between the big three providers that dominate the market and the host of relatively-unheard-of smaller companies with plans of their own.
Compare more mobile plans below
Compare Woolworths Mobile's prepaid plans
Compare SIM only postpaid plans from Woolworths Mobile below
Looking for a new phone? Compare Woolworths Mobile's phone plans here
We've preselected the Samsung S20 5G and S10 models (128GB handsets) and the plans that Woolworths Mobile offers to go with them. If you'd like to look up plans with different phones, just click the 'filter results' button and add a specific phone model.
Woolworths Mobile review: Why choose them?
Woolworths may be primarily a grocery store chain, but its mobile offerings aren't too shabby and it's even one of the few providers outside of the big three to sell new handsets on a plan. Since it doesn't have to maintain network infrastructure, it can charge less for its plans and offer them at fairly competitive prices.
Woolworths Mobile plans come with the following features:
- Grocery discount. Customers on any plan will get 10% off their first shop at a Woolworths store on the second weekend of the month, with a maximum saving of $50.
- Zero bill shock. Even on postpaid plans, you won't be charged automatically for extra data when you hit your limit. Instead, your data will be cut off and you'll have the option of purchasing an extra 1GB for $10.
- Data bank. Postpaid plans enjoy data rollover up to 100GB so long as they stay up to date with their payments. 30-day expiry prepaid plans will get rollover up to 200GB so long as they recharge before the expiry date.
If you're still unsure about whether Woolworths Mobile is the right option for you, we've broken down the pros and cons of joining them to help with your decision.
- Smartphone plans. Unlike most smaller providers, you can get the latest smartphones on a plan from Woolworths Mobile. This way, you can avoid the big three and their premium prices.
- Cheaper plans. Because Woolworths Mobile simply rents existing infrastructure from Telstra, it can afford to charge you less for comparable plans.
- Zero bill shock. Woolworths Mobile is one of the rare providers that won't automatically charge you for more data on a postpaid plan, leaving the choice up to you.
- Contracts. There are no options for month-to-month SIM only postpaid plans, only 12-month lock-in contracts.
- Lack of distinction. Usually postpaid plans (especially on a contract) offer better value than similar prepaid options. There's little to no difference between Woolworths' prepaid and postpaid offerings.
Woolworths Mobile network coverage
Woolworths Mobile uses the wholesale Telstra network, which reaches 98.8% of the population. It's only likely to offer worse coverage than the regular Telstra network in a few regional or rural areas.
How do I switch to Woolworths Mobile?
How do I recharge Woolworths Mobile?
- The best deals in Telstra’s Super Saver sale
- New iPhone SE 2020 Plans from Telstra, Optus & Vodafone
- Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown
- Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
Read more on this topic
The best deals in Telstra’s Super Saver sale Find out how you could save up to $330 on a new mobile phone with Telstra's Super Saver deals.
New iPhone SE 2020 Plans from Telstra, Optus & Vodafone Telstra, Vodafone & Optus have released mobile plans for the new iPhone SE 2020. We've broken down their prices and features here.
Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown Spending more time at home means we're using our mobile data less. Save $100 over the next 3 months by switching to a cheap mobile plan.
Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price We compare the two offerings and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert