After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Woolworths mobile phone and SIM plans compared
Grab a mobile plan with your shopping: Here's everything you need to know about Woolworths Mobile.
Is Woolworths Mobile right for me?
- What does Woolworths offer? Alongside its grocery business, Woolworths offers prepaid, SIM-only and phone contract plans operating over parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G networks.
- Product highlights: Aggressively-priced phone plans and data rollover on all plans.
- Watch out for: Woolworths Mobile calculates the minimum costs of its phone plans based on a single month of service plus the total cost of the handset. This is not reflective of what you'll pay if you stick with Woolworths Mobile for the life of your contract, so bear that in mind before you sign up.
Woolworths Mobile phone plans
Woolworths Mobile's phone plans explained
Woolworths Mobile stocks a range of Samsung and Oppo smartphones available for purchase on its Flexi Mobile phone plans. These plans operate on 24-month and 36-month contracts, with the latter option reducing the monthly handset repayments due to the longer contract term.
Flexi Mobile plans all come with unlimited standard talk and text and feature data caps starting at 5GB (3GB+2GB bonus) a month all the way up to 60GB (35GB + 25GB bonus) a month.
Woolworths Mobile SIM-only plans
Woolworths Mobile's SIM-only plans explained
Unlike some mobile carriers, Woolworths' SIM-only plans are available exclusively on 12-month contracts. Like the Flexi phone plans, the SIM-only plans are broken down into four simple offerings:
- SIM-only XS Plan, which includes 5GB (3GB+2GB bonus) of data each month for $20/month
- SIM-only S Plan, which includes 20GB (18GB+2GB bonus) of data each month for $30/month
- SIM-only M Plan, which includes 40GB (22GB+ 18GB bonus) of data each month for $40/month
- SIM-only L Plan, which includes 60GB (35GB + 25GB bonus) of data each month for $50 a month
Woolworths Mobile prepaid plans
Woolworths Mobile's prepaid plans explained
How does Woolworths Mobile compare?
- Some of the cheapest phone plans on the market
- Data rollover on both prepaid and SIM-only plans
- Telstra network means wider coverage and faster speeds
Woolworths is in the enviable position of not only having competitive mobile plans but having hundreds of retail stores around the country in which to sell their plans, as well as being able to get them online.
Why should you consider Woolworths Mobile?
On contract plans, Woolworths allows you the option of choosing between 24- and 36-month handset repayments, which can reduce the amount leaving your bank account every week. Plus you're not actually locked into a long-term contract on phone plans — you can simply pay out the phone and switch providers if you're unhappy for some reason.
On prepaid 30-day expiry plans, Woolies lets you roll over unused data into your 200GB data bank. All prepaid recharges include unlimited standard SMS messages in Australia.
How to contact Woolworths
|Phone||1300 10 1234|
|Support hours||Mon – Fri: 9am to 7pm|
Sat – Sun: 10am to 4pm
|Live chat||Start a live chat|
Woolworths Mobile deals
Get bonus 10GB data every three months.
|View eligible plans|
|Woolworths Mobile SIM-only L 35GB $50 12 Month||Unlimited standard calls||Go to site|
|Woolworths Mobile SIM-only M 22GB $40 12 Month||Unlimited standard calls||Go to site|
|Woolworths Mobile SIM-only S 18GB $30 12 Month||Unlimited standard calls||Go to site|
|Woolworths Mobile SIM-only XS 3GB $20 12 Month||Unlimited standard calls||Go to site|
This plan is for limited time only.
|View eligible plans|
|Woolworths Prepaid SIM Recharge 84GB $150 365 Days||Unlimited standard calls|
|Woolworths Prepaid SIM Recharge 12GB $60 180 Days||Unlimited standard calls|
Woolworths Mobile prepaid recharge options
Running low on credit or about to hit your expiry period with Woolworths Mobile? There's a wide variety of ways to recharge your service.
- Recharge online: Woolworths Mobile handles recharges through its online recharge portal, which handles major credit cards and voucher recharges for all its prepaid services. It's also possible to set up a recurring recharge if you don't want to fuss with monthly manual recharges.
- With the Woolworths Mobile app: Woolworths Mobile customers can manage their prepaid mobile services, including recharges. It's available free of charge for iOS (download here) and Android smartphones (download here).
- With a voucher: You can purchase a recharge voucher for your Woolworths Mobile service at any Woolworths supermarket location, which can then be applied through the app or online portal.
Read more on this topic
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Should you keep your landline? With unlimited calls now a standard inclusion for mobile plans, why are some Aussies yet to hang up on their home phone?
Google Pixel 4 plans compared If you're keen on a Google Pixel 4 on contract through Telstra, Optus or Vodafone, we've got all the details you need.
3G network shutdown Australia: What you need to know 3G networks will be decommissioned in Australia, but there’s still time to make plans for the switch-off – it's a few years away yet.
Optus adds Galaxy S10 5G and Oppo Reno 5G to its 5G line-up Telstra’s exclusive on Samsung and Oppo’s 5G handsets comes to an end, with the Oppo Reno 5G joining the Optus ranks.
Compare Australian iPhone 11 plans If you're after the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro Max on contract, you've got plenty of options to consider.
Telstra rolls out iPhone 11 plans with bonus Telstra Plus points Score points towards a variety of rewards with Telstra's iPhone 11 plans.
Optus is offering iPhone 11 plans with up to 200GB of data Choose from all three models of the latest iPhone on a range of 24-month and 36-month contracts.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert