Woolworths Mobile Plans & Review
Grab a mobile plan with your shopping: Here's everything you need to know about Woolworths Mobile.
You may know Woolworths best as a grocery chain, but it has returned to the mobile market with a vengeance, offering a full suite of prepaid and SIM only plans. It is even one of the few MVNOs to sell cutting-edge phones on a plan.
Overall, Woolworths Mobile provides a good option somewhere between the big three providers that dominate the market and the host of relatively-unheard-of smaller companies with plans of their own.
- Phone handsets available on a plan.
- No excess usage bill shock.
- Grocery discounts included.
Compare more mobile plans below
Compare Woolworths Mobile's prepaid plans
Compare SIM only postpaid plans from Woolworths Mobile below
Looking for a new phone? Compare Woolworths Mobile's phone plans here
We've preselected the Samsung S20 5G and S10 models (128GB handsets) and the plans that Woolworths Mobile offers to go with them. If you'd like to look up plans with different phones, just click the 'filter results' button and add a specific phone model.
Woolworths Mobile review: Why choose them?
Woolworths may be primarily a grocery store chain, but its mobile offerings aren't too shabby and it's even one of the few providers outside of the big three to sell new handsets on a plan. Since it doesn't have to maintain network infrastructure, it can charge less for its plans and offer them at fairly competitive prices.
Woolworths Mobile plans come with the following features:
- Grocery discount. Customers on any plan will get 10% off their first shop at a Woolworths store on the second weekend of the month, with a maximum saving of $50.
- Zero bill shock. Even on postpaid plans, you won't be charged automatically for extra data when you hit your limit. Instead, your data will be cut off and you'll have the option of purchasing an extra 1GB for $10.
- Data bank. Postpaid plans enjoy data rollover up to 100GB so long as they stay up to date with their payments. 30-day expiry prepaid plans will get rollover up to 200GB so long as they recharge before the expiry date.
If you're still unsure about whether Woolworths Mobile is the right option for you, we've broken down the pros and cons of joining them to help with your decision.
- Smartphone plans. Unlike most smaller providers, you can get the latest smartphones on a plan from Woolworths Mobile. This way, you can avoid the big three and their premium prices.
- Cheaper plans. Because Woolworths Mobile simply rents existing infrastructure from Telstra, it can afford to charge you less for comparable plans.
- Zero bill shock. Woolworths Mobile is one of the rare providers that won't automatically charge you for more data on a postpaid plan, leaving the choice up to you.
- Contracts. There are no options for month-to-month SIM only postpaid plans, only 12-month lock-in contracts.
- Lack of distinction. Usually postpaid plans (especially on a contract) offer better value than similar prepaid options. There's little to no difference between Woolworths' prepaid and postpaid offerings.
Woolworths Mobile network coverage
Woolworths Mobile uses the wholesale Telstra network, which reaches 98.8% of the population. It's only likely to offer worse coverage than the regular Telstra network in a few regional or rural areas.
How do I switch to Woolworths Mobile?
How do I recharge Woolworths Mobile?
Read more on this topic
Telstra 5G coverage Find out more about coverage areas, data plans and compatible mobile devices in our Telstra 5G guide.
Who's the provider offering 200GB for under $30/month? Grab a new mobile plan with 200GB of data for just $28/month with our Finder exclusive deal.
New Samsung Note 20 5G plans from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone: Where is the best value? Find out which provider has the best value plan for the new Samsung Galaxy Note 5G range.
Optus 5G coverage Check out Optus' 5G coverage areas, plans, and compatible mobile devices in our guide.
Vodafone 5G coverage Find out more about coverage areas, plans and compatible mobile devices in our Vodafone 5G guide.
Optus freezes mobile plan prices: Is it now better value than Telstra and Vodafone? How plans from the big telcos compare right now.
What does the finally completed TPG/Vodafone merger mean for you? How will customer options and pricing be affected?
How does Optus's unlimited mobile top-up stack up? $5 for unlimited data for 24 hours, so what's the catch?
Circles.Life outperforms all other mobile providers with its $28 plan With $10 off a month for a limited time only, we show you why Circles.Life's 100GB plan is a clear winner against its competitors.
amaysim acquires OVO: What does that mean for you? The deal cements amaysim's status as Australia's largest MVNO.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert