Compare Dodo SIM-only and contract mobile plans
Compare Dodo's mobile plans.
Is Dodo right for me?
- What does Dodo offer? Dodo's main mobile offering is its month-to-month and 12-month postpaid plans, though it also offers prepaid pay-as-you-go plans for folks who don't use their phone as often. While Dodo also provides NBN, ADSL and mobile broadband plans, there are no discounts for bundling these services together.
- Product highlights: Dodo offers some of the highest-value SIM-only plans currently available, with plenty of data and international call inclusions to boot.
- Watch out for: The extra data included with Dodo's 12-month postpaid plans makes for excellent value, but be sure you're ready to commit to the full year. Cancelling before your contract is up means paying an early termination fee of as much as $220.
Dodo postpaid plans
Dodo's postpaid plans explained
Dodo has three pricing tiers available on both month-to-month and 12-month contracts. All plans are powered by the Optus 3G and 4G networks and come with unlimited local and national calls and text. Higher-tier plans also bundle in international minutes to selected destinations across the world.
While pricing is the same between the month-to-month and 12-month plans, you get a lot more data by committing for the long term. Here's what you get with each plan:
- $40 per month includes 18GB of data, unlimited national calls, SMS and MMS and 500 minutes of international calls
- $30 per month includes 12GB of data and unlimited national calls, SMS and MMS plus 100 minutes of international calls
- $20 per month includes 4GB of data and unlimited national calls, SMS and MMS
- $40 per month includes 30GB of data, unlimited national calls, SMS and MMS and 500 minutes of international calls.
- $30 per month includes 20GB of data and unlimited national calls, SMS and MMS plus 100 minutes of international calls
- $20 per month includes 6GB of data and unlimited national calls, SMS and MMS
As usual, the catch with committing to a long-term contract is the early termination fee if you choose to cancel before the full term is up. In Dodo's case, it calculates the early termination fee by multiplying the number of months remaining by half your usual monthly rate.
Dodo PAYG plans
Dodo's PAYG plans explained
The expiry period for Dodo's PAYG plans differs depending on how much you spend on your recharge:
- Buying a $100 recharge gets a 365-day expiry
- Buying a $50 recharge gets a 180-day expiry
- Buying a $40 recharge gets a 90-day expiry
- Buying a $30 recharge gets a 90-day expiry
- Buying a $20 recharge gets a 90-day expiry
- Buying a $10 recharge gets a 60-day expiry
How does Dodo compare?
- 12-month plans rank among the best-value SIM-only plans on the market
- Month-to-month plans are quite competitive
- International minutes are the icing on the cake
Dodo has good coverage speed thanks to the Optus 4G network, and the three pricing tiers add simplicity that is definitely appreciated.
The PAYG offering might be of benefit to some, but you'll most likely be looking at either the month-to-month or the 12-month contract options.
Why should you consider Dodo?
Dodo has solid plans in an easy-to-understand format that have been around long enough to inspire some confidence.
Additionally, you could easily bundle up an Internet connection, home phone and even the Fetch TV service if you needed.
Dodo recharge options
Dodo bills each month for the pricing tier you've chosen. If you go over your data, there's a set fee of $10 which gets you an extra 1GB. You can check your bill on the Dodo site and pay in the following ways:
- Automatic direct debit payment
- Credit card
- In person at your post office or Dodo store
If you’re using Dodo’s prepaid mobile plans, you’ve got a number of choices when it comes to recharging your service:
- Via credit card online: Dodo’s online portal accepts recharge payments via Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Diner’s Club card.
- Via BPAY: You can recharge Dodo's prepaid plans with vouchers purchased through BPAY, which you can manage through Dodo’s online portal.
- With a purchased voucher: You can purchase recharge vouchers at a wide variety of retail outlets to top up your Dodo prepaid mobile service.
Dodo mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
How to contact Dodo
|Sales Enquiries 13 36 36||Monday - Friday 8AM -11PM AEST|
Saturday - Sunday 9AM -9PM AEST
|Customer Support 13 36 36||Monday - Friday 10AM - 7PM AEST|
|Technical Support 13 36 36||Monday - Friday 8AM - 11PM AEST|
Saturday - Sunday 8AM - 10PM AEST
Read more on this topic
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert