After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Coles Mobile prepaid plans
Lower your mobile plan costs with Coles Mobile's prepaid plans
Is Coles Mobile right for me?
- What does Coles offer? Coles plays it simple in the mobile space, offering just a handful of prepaid plans over the Optus 3G and 4G networks.
- Product highlights: Extended 35-day expiry periods, potential discounts for flybuys members.
- Watch out for: Unlike some prepaid providers, Coles Mobile doesn't offer data rollover on its plans. Any unused data from one recharge will be lost at the end of the expiry period, even if you top up before the period ends.
Coles Mobile prepaid plans
Coles Mobile's prepaid plans explained
Once you've purchased a Coles Mobile SIM card, you have four recharge options to pick from:
- $10 recharge, which includes 1GB of data with a 10-day expiry
- $20 recharge, which includes 3GB of data with a 35-day expiry
- $40 recharge, which includes 10GB of data plus up to 250 international minutes with a 35-day expiry
- $180 recharge, which includes 48GB of data with a 365-day expiry
On the $40 recharge, international minutes are valid only for calls to mainland China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, the UK and the USA.
If you find yourself in need of more data in the middle of your recharge cycle, you can add an extra 500MB to your balance for $5, though that 500MB will expire after just 7 days. You can also purchase international call credit in $5 and $15 increments, with both expiring after 14 days.
How does Coles Mobile compare?
- 35-day expiry periods offer greater value over the long term
- Flybuys members get extra discounts on recharges
- Fewer plans and less choice than other prepaid providers
Why should you consider Coles Mobile?
Between their generous data caps, their competitive pricing and their extended 35-day expiries, Coles Mobile's prepaid plans have a lot going for them. The convenience of picking up a new SIM or recharging at the same time you do your weekly grocery shop is another big point in the supermarket-turned-telco's favour, especially if you're not a fan of entering your credit card info online.
Thrifty shoppers can also take advantage of Coles' flybuys rewards program, with the ability to redeem 500 flybuys points to get $2.50 off any in-store recharge. Every $1 spent on recharging will get you another flybuys point as well, helping you build up your points total towards the holiday of your dreams.
Coles mobile deals
25GB bonus data on first 3 recharges. T&Cs apply.
|View eligible plans|
|Coles 4G Prepaid $40||Unlimited standard calls|
|Coles 4G Prepaid $20||Unlimited standard calls|
How to contact Coles Mobile
|Phone||1300 644 741|
How do I recharge Coles Mobile prepaid plans?
Coles Mobile offers a few different ways to recharge once you've purchased your Coles prepaid SIM. You can recharge in-store at any Coles Supermarket or Coles Express, call 555 from your phone and follow the prompts or recharge online at the Coles Online prepaid recharge page.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert