Coles Credit Cards
With flybuys rewards, low rates and no annual fee options, compare Coles credit cards to find one that works for you.
Comparison of Coles Credit Cards
Types of Coles credit cards
Coles Mastercard offers three credit card options: a rewards credit card, a low rate credit card and a no annual fee card.
Low rate credit cards
The Coles Low Rate Mastercard offers a 12.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases and offers up to 55 interest-free days on purchases if you pay your balance in full by the due date on your statement. It also offers 0.5 points per $1 spent at Coles Supermarkets. Points are awarded in whole numbers and rounded down. These points are in addition to the points you'll earn by scanning your flybuys membership barcode (on the back of the card).
No annual fee credit cards
The Coles No Annual Fee Mastercard is one of the few credit cards that offers both no annual fee for life and a rewards program. This means you can get extra value from the card without wondering if your reward points will balance out the cost of the annual fee. With the Coles No Annual Fee Mastercard, you'll earn 0.5 flybuys points per $1 spent on eligible purchases anywhere you use the card, as well as standard flybuys points for spending with partnered retailers. Points are awarded in whole numbers and are rounded down, meaning you earn 1 point per $2 spent with this card.
Rewards credit cards
The Coles Rewards Mastercard offers 2 flybuys points per $1 spent on all eligible purchases – even if they are not with flybuys partners. When compared to some other rewards credit cards, it has a competitive annual fee of $99 and also offers no international transaction fee on purchases when you shop overseas or online with stores based overseas.
The benefits of banking with a Coles Mastercard
A Coles Mastercard credit card gives you access to the following benefits:
Coles credit cards are linked to the flybuys rewards program and double as your flybuys membership card, with your membership details printed on the back of your credit card. If you want to earn more flybuys points for your spending, both the Coles Rewards and Coles No Annual Fee cards offer you points for eligible purchases made anywhere. The Coles Low Rate Mastercard also offers points per $1 spent on eligible purchases at Coles Supermarkets. flybuys has a huge range of program partners and reward options, including travel rewards, frequent flyer points, holiday packages, merchandise and gift cards.
Get money off your shopping at Coles
If you choose to use flybuys points to get money off at the checkout when you shop at Coles, you can scan the back of your Coles credit card and instantly redeem 2,000 flybuys points for $10 off your shopping at participating Coles Supermarkets. Note that you need a minimum of 2,000 flybuys points in your account to get money off your shop.
Balance transfer offers
You can save money on your existing credit card debt by transferring it to a Coles Mastercard with a balance transfer offer. For example, the Coles No Annual Fee Mastercard offers 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 6 months you have the card, allowing you to save money on interest charges and pay down your debt faster. Any balances remaining after the promotional period will attract interest at the cash advance rate.
Earn frequent flyer points and status
If you're a member of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program, you can redeem a minimum of 2,000 flybuys points for 870 Velocity Points. You can also earn 1 Velocity Status Credit per $100 spent at Coles Supermarkets, Coles Online, First Choice Liquor and Liquorland (up to 10 Status Credits per month).
If you apply for a Coles Rewards, Low Rate or No Annual Fee Mastercard and are approved for a Platinum account, you will get additional benefits at no extra cost. These include access to a 24/7 worldwide concierge service and complimentary transit accident insurance, purchase protection insurance and extended warranty cover provided by Allianz.
How to apply for a Coles Mastercard
You can apply for a Coles Mastercard online in about 15 minutes. Once you have compared a range of options and chosen the Coles credit card you want to apply for, click "Go to site" and you'll be taken to Coles Mastercard's secure online application page. Before you start, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements. These vary depending on the card you choose but will include:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency status. You must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.
- Minimum income. You must meet the minimum income requirements for the card, which start from $25,000 per year.
Required information and documents
Make sure you have the following items on hand to assist with your Coles Mastercard application:
- Personal information. You will need to verify your identity using your driver’s licence or another form of approved identification. You’ll also need to enter your residential address, email address and provide a phone number.
- Financial information. You need to provide details about your income and your expenses. This includes information like your salary, food budget, rent or mortgage repayments as well as other living expenses.
- Other credit cards. If you want to transfer your existing credit card balance to a Coles credit card under a balance transfer promotion, you’re required to enter the card number and amount you want to transfer from these accounts.
- Current flybuys number. If you are an existing member of the flybuys rewards program, have your membership number ready so you can link it to your Coles credit card right away.
Frequently asked questions
Want to know more about Coles credit cards? Here you can read answers to some of the most common questions about them. If you have a specific question we haven't covered, you can also ask your own question using the comment box below.
Read more on this topic
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.