From flybuys points to competitive interest rates and no annual fees, compare Coles credit cards to find the right option for you.
Coles credit cards are designed to suit different spending habits and needs, with rewards, low rates and no annual fee options as well as platinum products. These cards are all linked to the Coles Group's flybuys program and can double as your flybuys membership card.
Coles credit cards also allow you to boost your flybuys balance by offering points for all eligible spending made with the card – even when it's not with a flybuys program partner. Here, you can compare Coles credit cards and learn more about their individual features to decide if one of these products is right for you.
Use code '10KBP1' for 10,000 bonus flybuys points
Offer ends 30 September 2017
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
Coles Credit Card Offer
This card allows you to earn flybuys points on everyday purchases. Plus, receive a 10,000 bonus flybuys points and enjoy 62 interest-free days on purchases.
- $0 p.a. annual fee.
- 19.99% p.a. on purchases
- Cash advance rate of 19.99% p.a.
- Up to 62 days interest free
- Minimum income requirement of $25,000 p.a.
Comparison of Coles Credit Cards
Types of Coles credit cards
Coles Mastercard has three credit card options: a rewards credit card, a low rate credit card and a no annual fee card. Each of these cards also offers a platinum version that's available if you're approved for a credit limit of $6,000 or more.
Low rate credit cards
Low rate credit cards can be a more cost-effective option if you struggle to pay off their debts. The Coles Low Rate Mastercard charges a 12.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases and offers up to 62 interest-free days on purchases if you pay your balance in full by the due date on your statement. The Coles Low Rate Mastercard also offers 0.5 points per dollar spent at Coles Supermarkets. This is in addition to the flybuys points you earn when you shop and scan your membership barcode at Coles and with flybuys partners.
No annual fee credit cards
The Coles No Annual Fee Mastercard is one of the few credit cards that offers no annual fee for life and a rewards program. This means you can get extra value from the card straight away because there is no need to make sure that your reward points outweigh the cost of the annual fee. With the Coles No Annual Fee Mastercard, you'll earn 0.5 flybuys points per $1 spent on any eligible purchases, as well as standard flybuys points for spending with partnered retailers.
Rewards credit cards
The Coles Rewards Mastercard offers 2 flybuys points per $1 spent everywhere. When compared to some other rewards credit cards, it has a competitive annual fee of $99 and also offers no international transaction fee on purchases when you shop overseas or online with international merchants.
Platinum credit cards
You can enjoy Platinum Mastercard benefits when you apply for any Coles credit card and are approved for a credit limit of $6,000 or more. As well as a higher credit limit, you'll gain access to complimentary extras such as a 24/7 worldwide concierge service and merchandise protection insurance for items you buy with your card.
The benefits of banking with a Coles Mastercard
A Coles Mastercard gives you access to the following benefits:
Earn more flybuys rewards
Coles credit cards are linked to the flybuys rewards program and double as your membership card. If you want to earn more flybuys points for your spending, both the Coles Rewards and Coles No Annual Fee cards offer points per $1 spent on any eligible purchases. The Coles Low Rate Mastercard also earns additional points for spending at Coles Supermarkets. flybuys has a huge range of program partners and redemption options, including flights, frequent flyer points, holiday packages, merchandise and gift cards.
Free delivery for Coles online shopping
Use your Coles credit card to receive free delivery each time you spend $100 or more at shop.coles.com.au. Note that normal delivery terms and conditions apply, and this offer excludes spending on tobacco and tobacco-related products, as well as remote delivery orders.
Coles Mobile Wallet
The Coles Mobile Wallet allows you to use your smartphone to make contactless payments wherever there’s a Mastercard PayPass contactless terminal. It also lets you view recent transactions and your flybuys points balance. Just apply and get approved for a Coles Mastercard, then download the Coles Mobile Wallet app and request a Coles Pay Tag so you can link your smartphone, Coles Mastercard and your flybuys card together.
Get money off your shopping at Coles
If you choose to use flybuys points to get money off at the checkout when you shop at Coles, you can scan the back of your Coles credit card to instantly redeem 2,000 flybuys points for $10 off your shopping at participating Coles Supermarkets.
Balance transfer offers
You can save money on your existing credit card debt by transferring it to a Coles Mastercard with a balance transfer offer. For example, the Coles Rewards Mastercard offers 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 6 months you have the card, allowing you to save money on interest charges and pay down your debt faster.
Earn Velocity Points or Etihad Guest Miles
If you're a member of the Velocity or Etihad Guest frequent flyer program, you can redeem your flybuys points for frequent flyer points. With Velocity, a minimum of 2,000 flybuys converts to 870 Velocity Points, while redemptions for Etihad start from 10,000 flybuys for 4,000 Etihad Guest Miles.
If you apply for a Coles Rewards, Low Rate or No Annual Fee Mastercard and are approved for a credit limit over $6,000, you will automatically get a Platinum account with additional benefits. These include access to a 24/7 worldwide concierge service and complimentary insurance to protects the items you buy with your card against loss, theft or accidental damage.
How to apply for a Coles Mastercard credit card
Applying for a Coles Mastercard is easy and can be done online in about 15 minutes. Once you have compared a range of options and chosen the Coles credit card you want to apply for, click "Go to site" to start the secure online application process. Before you start, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements. These vary depending on the card you choose, but will include:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency status. You must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia, or have the right to work in Australia.
- Minimum income. You must meet the minimum income requirements for the card, which start from $25,000 per year.
Required information and documents
Make sure you have the following items on hand to assist with your Coles Mastercard application:
- Personal information. You will need to verify your identity using your driver’s licence or another form of approved identification. You’ll also need to enter your residential address, email address and provide at least two phone numbers, such as your mobile and home phone number.
- Financial information. You need to provide details about your income and your expenses. This includes information like your salary, food budget, rent or mortgage repayments as well as other living expenses.
- Other credit cards. If you want to transfer your existing credit card balance to a Coles credit card under a balance transfer promotion, you’re required to enter the card number and amount you want to transfer from these accounts.
- Current flybuys number. If you are an existing member of the flybuys rewards program, have your membership number ready so you can link the card right away.
Frequently asked questions
Want to know more about Coles credit cards? Here you can read answers to some of the most common questions. You can also get in touch with us if you would like a member of the finder.com.au team to address your question. But before you do, check through some of the questions other users have asked. There’s a chance your question has already been answered.
How do I activate my Coles Mastercard and choose a PIN?
You can activate your Coles credit card and PIN online via the Coles Credit Card Online Service Centre. Once you have registered or logged on to this service, simply follow the prompts to activate your card and select a four digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) in one easy step.
Alternatively, you can activate your card by calling 1300 306 397 and following the prompts. Remember to also sign the back of your Coles credit card before you start using it.
How do I transfer my existing credit card debt to my Coles Mastercard?
This process is known as a balance transfer and can help you save money on interest repayments if there is a 0% promotion in place. With Coles credit cards, you can submit a balance transfer application at any time after your card is approved by filling out a balance transfer request form (available on the Coles Credit Cards website).
You'll need to include the account number, the amount you want to transfer and the name of the card-issuing institution. Before you conduct a balance transfer with a Coles credit card, make sure you also understand the following terms and conditions:
- You can transfer a balance from a credit card, store card or charge card
- Balance transfers will not be accepted from any Coles Mastercard, any credit card issued by Latitude Financial Services or any credit card issued outside Australia
- You transfer up to of your approved credit limit
- At the end of the balance transfer promotional period, the variable purchase rate will be charged on any remaining balance
How can I check the status of my Coles Mastercard application?
If you want to check on your Coles Mastercard application at any time, you can call Coles Mastercard on 1300 306 397.
What’s the minimum repayment on my Coles MasterCard?
Cardholders must pay a minimum repayment of 2.22% by the due date each statement. Otherwise, a late payment fee will apply.
If you want to take advantage of interest-free days, you'll need to pay your entire balance in full.
How do I make a repayment to my Coles Mastercard?
You can make a payment to your Coles Mastercard using the following methods.
- Direct debit. By completing and sending in a direct debit request form (available from the Coles website), you can automatically pay your Coles Mastercard when your statement is issued. You have the option of paying just the minimum monthly repayment, a specified amount or you can automatically pay your entire balance each month. You need to pay your Coles Mastercard from another bank’s transaction or savings account.
- BPAY. Log on to your internet banking facility and pay your Coles Mastercard using BPAY. The Coles Mastercard BPAY Biller Code is 8862 and your customer reference number is your 16 digit Coles Mastercard account number. Note that BPAY payments are only processed during business hours and can take up to three business days to process. Transactions made over the weekend and on public holidays may take a little longer to process.
- At an Australia Post retail outlet. Pay your credit card in person by taking your Coles Mastercard statement to an Australia Post retail outlet. Remember that there’s a small fee if you want to pay your Coles Mastercard in person at Australia Post.
- By cheque. You can find a payment slip issued with you Coles Mastercard statement. Rip this off and send it with a cheque to Coles Mastercard Customer Care, GPO Box 236E, Melbourne, VIC, 8111.
How can I increase or decrease my credit limit?
If you want more credit on your Coles Mastercard, call the Coles Mastercard customer service team on 1300 306 397 and let them know that you would like a credit limit increase. A customer service representative will run through some basic questions about your expenses and how much you earn when they make a decision about increasing your credit limit.
Your credit limit is based on how much you can afford to repay, so if you accepted the maximum credit limit when you applied for a Coles Mastercard and your circumstances have not changed, you may not be eligible for a credit limit increase.
What’s the Coles Mobile Wallet and Coles Pay Tag?
The Mobile Wallet lets you make contactless payments using your smartphone. It combines your Coles Mastercard and your flybuys card so you can make contactless payments and keep track of your purchases from your smartphone.
Once you get your Coles Mastercard, download the Coles Mobile Wallet app. You can then request a Pay Tag. The Coles Pay Tag is a small barcode sticker you attach to the back of your smartphone.
To make a purchase, scan the Coles Pay Tag at the register. This ensures you get the maximum number of flybuys points per transaction. Then hold your smartphone to a contactless terminal to make a payment. The Pay Tag lets you make payments with your phone and the Mobile Wallet app lets you manage your account and view your flybuys points balance.
What’s the difference between Coles Internet banking and the Coles Credit Card App?
The Coles Mobile Wallet lets you do most of the things you can do using the Coles Mastercard online banking facility. Both platforms allow you to view recent transactions and check your available credit limit. However, there are some key differences between the two:
- Update your personal details
- Make BPAY payments
- Arrange a direct debit
- Request a credit limit increase
- View credit card statements
- Register for alerts and notifications
Coles Mobile Wallet
- View your flybuys account points balance
- Access exclusive flybuys offers
- Request a Coles Pay Tag
- Activate and deactivate your Coles Pay Tag
How is my Coles Mastercard protected from fraud?
Coles and Mastercard have a number of measures in place to protect your account from credit card fraud. Coles credit cards are protected by Falcon, which monitors your account in real time for unusual transactions. Mastercard also offer various layers of protection, including Mastercard SecureCode when shopping online, and the Mastercard Zero Liability Guarantee. Both Coles and Mastercard provide a guarantee that you’ll get your money back if you’re the victim of credit card fraud, this is as long as you’ve taken steps to keep your account safe and secure.
What if my Coles Mastercard is lost or stolen?
Lost or stolen credit cards need to be reported immediately so you’re not liable for any unauthorised transactions. Lost or stolen credit cards are blocked right away and a new credit card will be issued as soon as possible. You can report a lost or stolen Coles Mastercard at any time of the day, any day of the year on the following numbers:
- Calls from Australia: 1800 055 809
- Calls from overseas: +61 3 9420 4818
How do I get in contact with Coles about my credit card?
If you need to speak to Coles about your credit card, you can contact them Monday to Friday 8.00AM to 9.00PM, Saturday and Sunday 8.30AM to 8.00PM. The relevant numbers are as follow:
- Coles Mastercard. 1300 306 397 or (+61) 3 9420 4816 (when overseas)
- Coles Platinum Mastercard. 1300 552 710 or (+61) 3 9420 4813 (when overseas)
How do I cancel my Coles Mastercard?
If you want to close your Coles Mastercard account for whatever reason, you can do so by calling a Coles customer service representative on 1300 306 397. Just make sure you don’t owe any money on your card.