We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Bankwest credit cards offer something for both big spenders and the cost-conscious, with competitive rates and fees, as well as reward and frequent flyer cards. It's also one of the few banks that offers you a digital credit card before your physical card arrives in the mail.
Compare Bankwest Credit Cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from Bankwest
Bankwest balance transfer credit cards
A Bankwest credit card with a balance transfer offer gives you an introductory low or 0% p.a. interest rate when you transfer an existing credit card balance to your new Bankwest card. This helps you save money on interest charges and pay down your debt faster during the introductory period. After that, a standard interest rate will apply to any debt remaining from the transfer.
Bankwest low rate credit cards
Bankwest low rate credit cards offer a low, ongoing interest rate on purchases. If you carry a balance from month-to-month, this low rate can help you save money on interest charges when compared to regular credit cards.
No annual fee credit cards
Bankwest offers two no annual fee credit cards: the Bankwest Zero Mastercard and Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard. Both cards never charge an annual fee, which could help you save around $25 to $400 or more compared to cards that do have an annual fee. They also have competitive interest rates for $0 annual fee cards – plus complimentary insurance and no foreign transaction fees on the Bankwest Zero Platinum card.
Rewards credit cards
Bankwest rewards credit cards let you earn Bankwest More Rewards points on all eligible purchases. You can then redeem these points for rewards such as travel, gift cards and retail items. Rewards credit cards usually come with higher annual fees, so make sure you're taking advantage of the perks to help offset the cost of the card.
Frequent flyer credit cards
Bankwest frequent flyer credit cards give you a way to earn Qantas Points on all your eligible purchases. You can choose between the Bankwest Qantas Platinum and Bankwest Qantas World Mastercard, with perks including complimentary overseas travel insurance and no foreign transaction fees.
Business credit cards
Bankwest business credit cards are designed to make it easier to manage work expenses and financial reporting, with features including additional cards for employees, interest-free days and mobile payments. You can choose from a low rate or rewards card for smaller businesses, or a corporate card if you run a medium to large business.
Benefits of getting a credit card with Bankwest
Here are some of the key benefits you can get with a Bankwest credit card:
You can activate your Bankwest card and view your account details through the Bankwest app as soon as your application is approved thanks to the digital card feature. This gives you a way start using your account while you wait for the physical card to come in the mail.
Temporary card lock
If you've lost your card or want to block transactions at any time, you can put a temporary lock on your credit card through the Bankwest app, online banking or by calling Bankwest on 13 17 19.
Worldwide emergency card replacement
If you're overseas, you can report your card as lost, stolen or damaged and request a replacement through the Bankwest mobile app or by calling Mastercard on +1 636 722 7111. You can also use the digital card by logging into the Bankwest app.
Bankwest Platinum and World credit cards — travel insurance
With a Bankwest Platinum or World Mastercard, you can get access to complimentary overseas travel insurance when you meet the eligibility requirements. Your spouse and/or children can also get cover if they meet the eligibility requirements. As with any insurance, there are different conditions and requirements, so make sure you read the insurance policy document on the Bankwest website for full details.
Bankwest Platinum and World credit cards — no overseas transaction fee
If you're a frequent traveller or often shop online, you could take advantage of the 0% international transaction fees available with a Bankwest Platinum or World credit card. This could save you around 2-3% compared to some credit cards and debit cards that charge foreign transaction fees.
If you want to use your smartphone or another mobile device to make payments, you can add your Bankwest credit card to any of the following mobile wallets:
|Apple Pay||Google Pay||Samsung Pay||Fitbit Pay||Garmin Pay|
The eligibility requirements are different for each Bankwest credit card, and are listed in full on their review pages. But the following are requirements you'll need to meet for any Bankwest card:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Income and credit history. You'll need to earn a regular income, meet a minimum annual income requirement and have a good credit rating.
How long does it take to apply?
You can apply for a Bankwest credit card in around 15 minutes online and will get a response from Bankwest moments after submitting your application. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents on hand.
Information and documents you need to apply
Bankwest credit card applications include basic details everyone needs to fill in, and specific information to help verify details such as your income and identity. The key details include:
- Personal information. You need to provide some basic information about yourself, including your residential address, date of birth and contact details.
- Identification. If you're new to Bankwest, you'll need to provide at least two of the following forms of identification: Driver’s licence, Medicare card, passport or birth certificate.
- Details if you're employed. If you receive PAYG income, you have to provide your 2 most recent payslips. Note that you won't need to do this if your income is paid into a Bankwest account.
- Details if you're self-employed or a subcontractor. Provide your 2 most recent Notices of Assessments from the tax office. Bankwest may also ask for copies of recent taxation and financial reports from your accountant.
- Details if you receive income from superannuation. If it's a Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF), provide the most recent SMSF member benefit statement and a letter from your financial planner confirming payments and full details. If it's a retail super fund, provide the most recent statement of your super balance, including evidence of regular and ongoing payments. Or, the past 3 months of bank statements showing proof of this income.
- Details if you receive a pension. Provide your most recent pension statement, showing current payments.
- Details if you receive income from a rental property. Provide one of the following forms of proof: a current, signed rental tenancy agreement, recent bank statements showing at least 3 months of rental income, a rental statement from a managing agent showing the past 2 months of payments or your 2 most recent tax returns showing details of the rental property.
- Other financial details.This includes details about your savings or other assets, as well as ongoing expenses, existing cards, loans and other liabilities.
Credit card details
During the application, you'll be asked about details of your new credit card. This can include:
- Credit limit. If you have a credit limit in mind for the new card, you can include a request on the application. But keep in mind that the credit limit you get is subject to Bankwest's lending criteria and assessment, so it could be lower than the one you request.
- Balance transfer. If you want to move an existing credit card debt over to your new Bankwest credit card, you'll need to include details of the amount you want transferred and the account. Just keep in mind that the balance transfer is approved separately and the amount that's transferred depends on the credit limit you get for your new Bankwest credit card.
What happens after you apply?
Once you submit your application, Bankwest will send you details of the next steps. If you're approved for the credit card, you can set up a digital version straight away and should get the physical card within 10 days.
Frequently asked questions
Important links and details
- Bankwest contact number: 13 17 19
- Bankwest More Rewards
- Bankwest complimentary credit card insurance
- Bankwest savings and transaction accounts
- Bankwest home loans
- Bankwest personal loans
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
Read more on this topic
Bankwest More World Mastercard
Earn reward points as you spend, plus benefit from complimentary overseas travel insurance and 10 yearly airport lounge visits with the Bankwest More World Mastercard.
Bankwest More Rewards
Bankwest More credit cards earn reward points on your everyday spending and each year you have the card – so how much value can you get?
Bankwest Qantas World Mastercard
Compare the features and costs of this card, including uncapped points for everyday spending, 0% foreign transaction fees on overseas and online purchases plus complimentary insurance covers.
Bankwest Breeze Classic Mastercard
Enjoy 0% p.a. purchase and balance transfer offer for 15 months and a first-year annual fee waiver. Plus, the convenience of mobile payments and interest-free days on purchases.
Bankwest credit card complimentary travel insurance
If you don’t want to pay for travel insurance, here’s what you’ll get with a Bankwest credit card offering complimentary insurance.
Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard
Earn Qantas Points as you spend and pay no foreign transaction fees with the Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard.
Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard
The Bankwest Breeze Platinum Mastercard offers a $0 annual fee for the first year, 0% p.a. on purchases, balance transfers for 15 months, 0% foreign transaction fees and complimentary overseas travel insurance.
Bankwest More Mastercard
Earn points while paying a competitive annual fee of $100 with the Bankwest More Mastercard.
Bankwest More Platinum Mastercard
Get complimentary overseas travel insurance, 0% foreign transaction fees and bonus points every year you meet the spend requirement with the Bankwest More Platinum Mastercard.
Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard
The Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard charges a $0 annual fee and 0% foreign transaction fees while boasting extras such as complimentary insurance and an introductory balance transfer offer.
Ask an Expert