Bendigo Bank isn't one of the Big Four Banks but it offers a similar range of products and services to people across Australia. This includes credit cards with rewards and Qantas Points, balance transfers and low rates. Bendigo Bank credit cards are also unique in the way that interest is calculated. Bendigo Bank charges interest from the date your statement is issued, not the purchase date – potentially saving you up to 50% on interest costs.
Bendigo Bank credit card comparison
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from Bendigo Bank
Low rate credit cards
If you're after a straightforward card, the Bendigo Bank Bright Credit Card offers an interest rate of 9.99% p.a. (variable) on purchases. This is competitive with other low rate credit cards, which typically offer interest rates from around 8% p.a. to 15% p.a.
Rewards credit cards
The Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card comes with its own rewards program and offers 1.5 Bendigo Rewards points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. You can redeem your points for gift cards, homewares, travel accessories, tech gadgets and more through the Bendigo Bank Rewards store.
No annual fee credit cards
The Bendigo Bank Ready Credit Card is one of a handful of cards on the market with perks and an ongoing $0 annual fee. It offers 0% international transaction fees and complimentary travel insurance, which can both help you save on costs when you're travelling overseas. The standard interest rate of 19.99% p.a. is at the higher end of the scale but still comparable to many other no annual fee cards on the market.
Frequent flyer credit cards
The Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Credit Card is a frequent flyer credit card that earns 0.6 Qantas Points per $1 spent (capped at 20,000 points per month). It also gives you a way to join Qantas Frequent Flyer for free (saving on the usual $99.50 joining fee) and offers complimentary insurance, with a $149 p.a. annual fee.
Platinum credit cards
Bendigo Bank gives you a choice of two different platinum credit cards: the Platinum Rewards Credit Card and the Qantas Platinum Credit Card. Both of these cards offer complimentary purchase insurance and overseas travel insurance cover. This is similar to other platinum credit cards (although you can find some that also offer perks like airport lounge passes and concierge services).
Business credit cards
The Bendigo Bank Business Credit Card offers a way to manage your business spending. Its features include global acceptance, multiple cards with individual credit limits and flexible billing.
If you also want to earn rewards, the Bendigo Bank Qantas Business Credit Card is linked to Qantas Business Rewards and earns points per $1 spent. This card was also named highly commended in the Best Business Frequent Flyer Credit Card category of the 2023 Finder Credit Card Awards.
Benefits of getting a credit card with Bendigo Bank
Here are some of the features and services you'll get access to with a Bendigo Bank credit card:
Bendigo Bank calculates credit card interest from the statement date instead of the date you made each purchase. This means you can enjoy interest-free days even if you carry a balance. Plus, any amount you pay off by the due date on your statement won't be charged interest. In comparison, most other credit cards charge interest from the date you make a purchase and won't offer you interest-free days when you carry a balance.
If you're paying off a credit card from another bank, you could transfer the balance to a Bendigo Bank credit card before closing the other account. Sometimes, Bendigo Bank will even offer introductory low or 0% interest rates for balance transfers – which can help you save on charges when you first get the new card.
Through the Bendigo Bank Rewards program, you can collect points for your spending and then redeem them for rewards from categories like gifts, home, technology, kids and more. Or, if you're a frequent flyer, you could enjoy earning Qantas Points for your eligible spending on the Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Credit Card.
Complimentary insurance options
A Bendigo Bank credit card can give you access to a range of complimentary insurance covers, including complimentary overseas travel insurance, purchase protection insurance, extended warranty insurance and best price guarantees.
Mobile and contactless payments
Digital credit card
Bendigo Bank gives you a way to set up a virtual credit card through Apple Pay before your plastic card comes in the mail. You just need to get the Bendigo Bank app, select the card and follow the prompts to link it to your Apple Wallet. This means if you're approved for a credit card, you could start using it even more quickly.
If your card is lost or stolen, you can put a temporary block on it through the Bendigo Bank app or internet banking service. Bendigo Bank credit cards also offer 24/7 fraud monitoring and zero liability against fraudulent transactions.
You can apply for a Bendigo credit card online in around 15 minutes by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. You could also apply over the phone or submit your application to a Bendigo Branch.
Before you apply make sure you've met the following eligibility requirements and organised the necessary documents:
- Australian residency requirements. Permanent Australian residents and Australian citizens are eligible to apply. Temporary residents are eligible to apply as long as you have a 188, 457 or 489 visa, have applied for permanent residency and have at least 12 months remaining on the visa.
- Regular income. You must earn a regular income from employment or one of the following other accepted sources.
- Family tax benefit A and B
- Age, disability or veterans affairs pension
- Carer pension (only for dependent children)
- Credit history. You must not be bankrupt or insolvent
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age
Information and documents you need to apply
Bendigo Bank credit card applications include details everyone needs to fill in, and information that's specific to your Australian residency and how you earn income – plus documents that verify these details. Some of the key details you'll need to share on the application include:
- Personal details. Your complete name, date of birth, marital status and number of dependants. You'll also need to provide ID, such as your driver's licence, Australian passport or Medicare card information.
- Income details. If you're employed, this includes details of your employment status and your employer's name and contact information. Plus documents that verify your income for the last 3 months, such as payslips, bank statements or a letter from Centrelink confirming you receive eligible payments.
- Financial details. Any other forms of income and assets, plus your regular expenses and liabilities, including any other cards or loans.
Credit card details
During the application, you'll also be asked about the following details for your new credit card:
- Credit limit. If you have a credit limit in mind, you can include that as part of the application. Just be aware that Bendigo Bank will only offer you a credit limit that is based on its assessment of your application (so the actual limit you get could be lower than the one you've requested).
- Balance transfers. If you want to move an existing credit card debt onto your new Bendigo Bank card, you need to include the account details and the amount of debt you want to transfer. Just keep in mind that the balance transfer is approved separately and the amount that's transferred depends on the credit limit you get for your new Bendigo Bank card.
What happens after I have applied?
The time period Bendigo Bank takes to assess credit card applications can vary, depending on whether the bank has all of the information it needs. A bank representative may contact you if they need further information. If you are approved, you should receive your new card within 10 business days.
Frequently asked questions
Important links and details
- Bendigo Bank customer service number: 1300 236 344
- Bendigo Bank Rewards program
- Bendigo Bank home loans
- Bendigo Bank transaction and savings accounts
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
More guides on Finder
Bendigo Bank Ready Credit Card
This new Bendigo Bank credit card has no annual fee, no international transaction fees and complimentary insurance, so is it right for you?
Bendigo Bank Bright Credit Card
The Bendigo Bank Bright Credit Card offers a low purchase rate and a $59 annual fee.
Bendigo Bank Qantas Business Credit Card
Earn Qantas Points on eligible spending and get access to Qantas Business Rewards offers and discounts with the Bendigo Bank Qantas Business Credit Card.
Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Credit Card
Collect Qantas Points per $1 spent and save with complimentary insurance covers with the Bendigo Bank Qantas Platinum Credit Card.
Bendigo Bank Rewards
Earn points for your spending on a Bendigo Bank Rewards credit card redeem them for anything from travel packages and gift cards to the latest tech gadgets.
Bendigo Bank Business Credit Card
This low rate business credit card offers expense management features and a choice of company, individual or joint and several liability for the account.
Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card
Enjoy a competitive earn rate, complimentary travel and purchase insurance options and an annual fee of $89 with the Bendigo Bank Platinum Rewards card.
Ask an Expert