Bank of Queensland Credit Cards
Compare BOQ credit cards with features to suit different spending styles.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Comparison of Bank of Queensland credit cards
Types of credit cards from BOQ
BOQ credit cards are designed to suit different needs, with the range including low rate, rewards and platinum cards. Check out the key features and benefits for each type of BOQ credit card below.
Low rate credit cards
The BOQ Low Rate Visa card offers low ongoing variable interest rate on purchases. It also comes with an introductory 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for the first 6 months. By paying your account’s outstanding balance in full each month, you could also enjoy up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Rewards credit cards
The BOQ Blue Visa and BOQ Platinum Visa are rewards cards that are both linked to the bank's Q Rewards program so that you can earn points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. When you've collected enough points, you can redeem them for a variety of rewards including travel packages, flights, hotels, merchandise and gift cards.
Platinum credit cards
The BOQ Platinum Visa credit card comes linked to the Q Rewards Program and earns 2 reward points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases. This card also features platinum card benefits, including complimentary international travel insurance, extended warranty insurance and access to a round-the-clock concierge service.
Benefits of using a Bank of Queensland credit card
Choosing one of these BOQ credit cards will give you access to the following benefits:
Online and mobile banking
You can manage your BOQ credit card account on-the-go with the BOQ online and mobile banking platforms. This means you can make payments, check your balance, find BOQ branches or ATMs and gain access to unique banking tools at any time, from anywhere in the world.
Digital wallets and contactless payments
All BOQ credit cards offer Visa payWave technology. This means that you can tap-and-go when you make a purchase of less than $100 at a merchant that supports this technology. You can also link your card to Samsung Pay and use your eligible smartphone or wearable device to make contactless payments at the terminal.
If you get the BOQ Blue Visa or Platinum Visa, you can enjoy purchase protection insurance to cover eligible items bought with your card against theft or damage. If you have the BOQ Platinum Visa, you'll also gain access to complimentary international travel insurance and extended warranty cover. Terms, conditions and exclusions, as well as some limits and excess costs may apply, so please refer to the complimentary insurance conditions available on the BOQ website.
All BOQ credit cards come with Fraudshield security and offer emergency card replacement within 24 hours in Australia to help keep your account safe.
How to apply for a Bank of Queensland credit card
You can apply for a BOQ credit card online in a few minutes. You can also apply in a BOQ brand or over the phone. Before you apply, make sure that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- How old are you? You must be over 18 years of age to apply for a BOQ credit card.
- What is your residency status? You must be a permanent resident of Australia or an Australian citizen.
- Minimum income levels. You must earn at least $35,000 p.a. to apply for the Platinum Visa card, and at least $25,000 p.a. to apply for the Blue Visa card or the Low Rate Visa card.
Keep these documents and details handy to help speed up your BOQ credit card application:
- Personal details. This includes your complete name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents, and driver’s licence number. You'll also need to provide your residential address, phone number and email address.
- Employment details. You'll need to provide your employment status, occupation and salary, along with your employer’s name and contact details.
- Financial information. As well as your employment details, you'll need to share information about any other assets such as savings and existing debts such as personal loans, other cards or mortgages. You also need to provide a summary or estimate of your regular household expenses.
BOQ offers a selection of credit cards to suit different spending habits and needs. Compare these cards to other options on the Australian market so that you can find one that's right for you.
Frequently asked questions
Want to know more about BOQ credit cards? Read our answers to frequently asked questions or leave a message for us below.
More guides on Finder
BOQ Platinum Visa Credit Card
The BOQ Platinum credit card offers 80,000 bonus points, a reduced annual fee in the first year and complimentary insurance for travel and shopping.
Bank of Queensland Credit Card Insurance Cover
Read our full guide to know more about the insurance covers included in your Bank of Queensland Platinum credit card.
BOQ Low Rate Visa Credit Card
Consolidate existing debts with an interest-free balance transfer offer plus save on card costs with a competitive annual fee and low purchase rate with the BOQ Low Rate Visa.
BOQ Blue Visa Credit Card
Get a competitive annual fee and pay down debt with a 0% balance transfer offer or reward your spending with Q Rewards points per $1 spent.
Guide to the BOQ Q Rewards credit card program
Earn Q Rewards Points per $1 spent with a Bank of Queensland credit card and redeem travel rewards, cashback, gift cards and more.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.