Macquarie Bank Credit Cards
Macquarie Bank credit cards give you the ability to earn rewards, enjoy platinum features or take advantage of a low interest rate.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Receive 20,000 bonus Macquarie Reward points
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
Macquarie Bank Credit Card Offer
Receive 20,000 bonus points when you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases in the first 60 days from approval.
- Earns 1.25 Macquarie Reward points per $1 spent
- $99 annual fee
- Interest rate of 20.7% p.a. on purchases and cash advances
- 0% international transaction fees
Compare credit cards from Macquarie Bank
Types of credit cards that Macquarie Bank offers
You can compare Macquarie Bank credit cards to find a product that best suits your needs below:
Low rate credit cards
A low rate credit card can be good to have if you don’t regularly pay your balances in full each month. The Macquarie Visa RateSaver Card comes with a 0% p.a. balance transfer offer for 14 months as well as up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. Please note that this card also comes with an annual fee.
Rewards credit cards
Macquarie Bank currently offers cards linked to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, Hilton Honors and the bank's own rewards program. Some of these cards also come with bonus points, which can help you redeem rewards faster. If you like the idea of earning reward points as you spend, you can compare your rewards credit card options below.
Platinum credit cards
Macquarie Bank platinum credit cards come linked to rewards programs and offer extra perks including complimentary insurances and a 24/7 concierge service. These cards come with annual fees and high interest rates, though, so it's important that the value of the extra features outweigh the cost of the card.
Black credit cards
Macquarie Bank offers black-tier credit cards, providing cardholders with another level of benefits beyond platinum cards. Black cardholders can look forward to airport lounge access, higher earn reward points rates and concierge services.
Benefits of banking with Macquarie Bank
Banking with this institution allows you to have all your financial needs met under a single umbrella, be it through savings accounts, transaction accounts, term deposits, loans, online trading, specialist investments or financial advice. Getting a credit card through Macquarie comes with a number of advantages.
Irrespective of the credit card you choose, you can access the Macquarie Bank service centre at any time of the day or night on 02 8232 3333.
Choice of reward points
If you’re applying for the Macquarie Visa Platinum Card you have the option to apply for the card with Macquarie reward points or Qantas Points. It's also the only bank that directly earns Hilton Honors points. Depending on the card you choose, cardholders can look forward to competitive earn rates and bonus points offers.
The Macquarie Visa Platinum Card with Macquarie reward points gives you access to MyChoice Travel, your personal travel agent. You can use this service to redeem your reward points and pay for part of or all your travel expenses including flights, hotels and tours.
As a Visa product, you can use Macquarie Bank cards internationally. You'll also enjoy Visa perks including Visa Entertainment to access exclusive offers as well as access to upcoming sporting events, live shows, movies, and more. Visa's Zero Liability policy offers protection to all cardholders, and 24/7 online account monitoring provides advanced fraud protection.
Applying for a Macquarie Bank credit card
You can apply for a Macquarie Bank Credit Card by visiting any of the bank’s branches, over the phone or online. Before you apply, make sure you've met the eligibility requirements and organised the following information:
- You’re older than 18 years of age
- You’re a permanent Australian resident
- You have good credit history
- You meet the minimum income requirements (which vary from card to card)
- Applicant details. These include your complete name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependent children and driver’s license number.
- Identification details. This section requires your mother’s maiden name as well as the name and phone number of a friend or relative who does not share the same address with you.
- Contact details. Enter your residential address, time spent at this address, phone numbers and email address.
- Professional details. This section requires your employment status, occupation, name of your employer, time at current job, your employer’s contact details, your gross annual income and income from other sources.
- Expenses. You have to provide details about rent, mortgage repayments, living expenses, your total available credit limit on existing credit cards and the minimum repayments towards other loans.
What happens next?
You might receive a call from a Macquarie Bank representative if the bank needs any extra information. If you let your employer’s payroll department know of an impending income verification call in advance, the process can move a little quicker. New Macquarie Bank customers have to go through an identity verification process, as stipulated by the Australian government. You might have to visit a branch to complete this formality.
Frequently asked questions
Listed below are a range of questions and answers about Macquarie Bank's credit cards. To ask a question that isn't listed below you can use the form at the end of this page.
More guides on Finder
Macquarie Bank credit card rewards program
Choose between cashback on your account or digital gift cards when you earn and redeem points through the Macquarie Rewards program.
Macquarie Black Card with Qantas Points
The 20,000 introductory bonus points and 0% p.a. balance transfer offer are just the start of what you can get with this card.
Macquarie Black Card
The Macquarie Black credit card earns 2 points per $1 spent, which you can use to get digital gift cards or cash back on your account.
Macquarie Platinum Card with Qantas Rewards
Earn Qantas Points as you spend, receive 20,000 bonus points and take advantage of complimentary travel insurance with the Macquarie Platinum Card with Qantas Rewards.
Macquarie Platinum credit card
The Macquarie Platinum gives you access to rewards, complimentary travel insurance, a concierge service and introductory bonus points.
Macquarie RateSaver Card
This low-cost credit card has the same interest rate for purchases and cash advances, plus an introductory 0% p.a. balance transfer offer.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.