With low rates, rewards and premium options available, compare NAB credit cards to find one that fits your needs.
NAB offers a range of credit cards to suit different spending habits and goals. Depending on the card you choose, you can save on credit card costs, be rewarded for your spending, earn more frequent flyer points or enjoy complimentary extras such as travel insurance. If you're a business owner, you could also manage your finances and keep track of employee spending with a NAB business credit card account.
Use this guide to compare NAB credit cards and weigh up the costs, features and benefits. You can also apply for a NAB credit card by clicking the "Go to site" button, or hit "More info" to read a detailed review of any NAB card you want to know more about.
0% p.a. for 15 months
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
NAB Credit Card Offer
The NAB Low Rate Platinum Card features a range of platinum benefits and a 0% p.a. interest rate on purchases and balance transfers.
- $100 p.a. annual fee.
- 13.99% p.a. on purchases
- 0% p.a. for 6 months with 2% BT fee on balance transfers
- Cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free
Comparison of NAB Credit Cards
Types of NAB credit cards
NAB credit cards can suit many different needs, with low rate and low fee options, as well as reward and frequent flyer cards. There are also platinum and premium credit cards that offer more benefits, such as complimentary insurance. Here's a summary of each of the main types of NAB credit cards you can choose from:
Low rate and low fee credit cards
Low rate and low fee credit cards can help you avoid the high account costs that come with some other credit cards. NAB offers a range of credit cards with competitive purchase rates, low annual fees and interest-free days on purchases, as well as introductory balance transfer offers.
Rewards and frequent flyer credit cards
NAB rewards credit cards offer you points for your spending, with a choice of either NAB Rewards or Qantas Frequent Flyer rewards. Some NAB reward cards also give you perks such as complimentary travel insurance and purchase insurance cover.
The benefits of banking with NAB
Some of the features you can enjoy when you get a NAB credit card include:
NAB Internet and mobile banking
If you have a NAB card, you can access your account through NAB Internet and mobile banking. This means you can manage your account, make payments to other accounts in Australia and overseas, request a credit limit increase or apply for another NAB product at any time.
NAB credit card complimentary travel insurance
Some NAB rewards and premium credit cards come with complimentary travel insurance. Available to eligible cardholders and issued by QBE Insurance, the types of cover you can get include overseas medical, cancellation or holiday delay costs, emergency travel arrangements, accommodation expenses and missed connections. You must use your eligible NAB card for a minimum of $500 prepaid travel costs and meet the eligibility requirements to activate the cover. For details of the insurance available on specific cards, refer to the NAB complimentary credit card insurance booklet (available on the NAB website).
NAB reward credit cards – choose to earn NAB Rewards or frequent flyer rewards
NAB credit cards offer several different reward options. If you choose a card that earns points through the NAB Rewards program, you'll be able to use your points for a range of rewards including frequent flyer points, travel, merchandise and gift cards. NAB also offers Qantas frequent flyer credit cards that earn Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. On 13 November 2017, NAB ended its partnership with flybuys and stopped offering the flybuys Reward card.
How to apply for a NAB credit card
If you've compared your options and decided you'd like to apply for a NAB credit card, you can begin your secure online application by clicking on the green "Go to site" button. This will take you to a secure NAB credit card application page, which should take about 25 minutes to complete if you have all the necessary documents and details ready.
Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents on hand. These requirements can vary between cards but generally include the following details:
- How old are you? You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a NAB credit card.
- What is your Australian residency status? You usually need to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia to apply. If you're not a permanent Australian resident or citizen, NAB may require details of your last overseas address. As card requirements vary, make sure you check the residency status requirements before you apply for any NAB credit card.
- What is your credit history like? Ideally, you should have a good credit history and no recent evidence of defaults or bankruptcy.
Information you need for your application
If you meet the eligibility requirements, start collecting the following information to ensure your application goes smoothly:
- Personal information. You'll need to provide personal information such as your address and your contact information. You'll also need to verify your identity by providing an accepted form of identification, like your driver’s licence number.
- Financial information. You will also need to detail information about your employment, income and assets like shares or property and your employer’s contact details. If you're self-employed, you may need to provide information regarding your expenses, liabilities and your accountant's contact information.
NAB offers credit cards with a range of competitive features that suit different spending habits and needs. As there are many other credit card products on the market, it's important to compare your options before applying.
Frequently asked questions about NAB credit cards
Want to know more about credit cards from NAB? Here, you'll find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about NAB credit cards. If you still can’t find the answer to your question, or if you want to leave us some feedback, get in touch using the form at the bottom of the page.