With low rates, rewards and premium options available, compare NAB credit cards to find one that fits your needs.
NAB offers a range of credit cards to suit different lifestyles, spending habits and budgets. Depending on the card you choose, you can save on your account costs, be rewarded for your spending, earn more frequent flyer points or enjoy complimentary extras such as travel insurance.
Use this guide to compare NAB credit cards and weigh up the costs, features and benefits. You can also apply for a NAB credit card by clicking the "Go to site" button, or hit "More info" to read a detailed review of the card.
0% p.a. for 25 months
on balance transfers
Exclusive to finder.com.au
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
Exclusive finder.com.au Balance Transfer Offer
The NAB Premium Card features a range of platinum benefits and a long-term balance transfer offer exclusive to finder.com.au.
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 25 months on a new NAB Premium Card. BT reverts to cash advance rate (currently 21.74% p.a.)
- No balance transfer fee when BT requested upon application.
- Receive seven complimentary insurance covers when you make an eligible purchase, plus, access to the 24/7 NAB Concierge Service.
- Request an additional cardholder at no extra cost.
- Must apply through finder.com.au to take advantage of this offer. Offer may be withdrawn at any time.
Comparison of NAB Credit Cards
Types of NAB credit cards
NAB credit cards can suit many different needs, with low rate and low fee options, as well as reward and frequent flyer cards. There are also platinum and premium options that offer these features, as well as extra benefits such as complimentary insurance. Here's a summary of each of the main types of NAB credit cards you can choose from:
Low rate and low fee credit cards
Low rate and low fee credit cards can help you avoid the high account costs that come with some credit cards. NAB offers a range of credit cards with competitive purchase rates, low annual fees and interest-free days on purchases, as well as introductory balance transfer offers.
Rewards and frequent flyer credit cards
NAB rewards credit cards offer you points for your spending, with a choice of three different reward programs: NAB Rewards, Qantas Frequent Flyer and Velocity Frequent Flyer. Some NAB reward cards also give you perks such as complimentary travel insurance and purchase insurance cover.
The benefits of banking with NAB
Some of the features you can enjoy when you get a NAB credit card include:
NAB Internet and mobile banking
If you have a NAB card, you can access your account through NAB Internet and mobile banking. This means you can manage your account, make payments to other accounts in Australia and overseas, request a credit limit increase or apply for another NAB product at any time.
NAB credit card complimentary travel insurance
Some NAB rewards and premium credit cards come with complimentary travel insurance. Available to eligible cardholders and issued by QBE Insurance, the types of cover you can get include overseas medical, cancellation or holiday delay costs, emergency travel arrangements, accommodation expenses and missed connections. You must use your eligible NAB card for a minimum of $500 prepaid travel costs and meet the eligibility requirements to activate the cover. For details of the insurance available on specific cards, refer to the NAB complimentary credit card insurance booklet (available on the NAB website).
NAB reward credit cards – choose to earn NAB Rewards or frequent flyer rewards
NAB credit cards offer several different reward options. If you choose a card that earns points through the NAB Rewards program, you'll be able to use your points for everything from gift cards and homewares to travel perks and frequent flyer points. NAB also offers frequent flyer credit cards that directly earn either Velocity Points or Qantas Points. With one of these cards, you can earn frequent flyer points on all eligible purchases to redeem for flight rewards with either Qantas or Virgin Australia and their partnered airlines. On 13 November 2017, NAB ended its partnership with flybuys and stopped offering the flybuys Reward card.
How to apply for a NAB credit card
If you've compared your options and decided you'd like to apply for a NAB credit card, you can begin your secure online application by clicking on the green "Go to site" button. Before you do, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents on hand.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Residency status. You'll usually need to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia to apply. Make sure to confirm the card's specific residential status requirements before you apply.
- Credit history. You'll need to have a good credit history and no recent evidence of defaults or bankruptcy.
Information you need for your application
If you meet the eligibility requirements, start collecting the following information to ensure your application goes smoothly:
- Personal information. You'll need to provide personal information such as your address and your contact information. You'll also need to verify your identity by providing an accepted form of identification, like your driver’s licence number.
- Financial information. You will also need to detail information about your employment, income and assets like shares or property and your employer’s contact details. If you're self-employed, you may need to provide information regarding your expenses, liabilities and your accountant's contact information.
NAB offers credit cards with a range of competitive features that suit different spending habits and needs. As there are many other credit card products on the market, it's important to compare your options before applying.
Frequently asked questions about NAB credit cards
Want to know more about credit cards from NAB? Here, you'll find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about NAB credit cards. If you still can’t find the answer to your question, or if you want to leave us some feedback, get in touch with us using the form at the bottom of the page.