NAB Personal Loans
Discover the benefits of getting a loan from NAB if you need financing for a new car, a holiday or home renovations.
- COVID-19 Update
If you're struggling to repay your personal loan, you can get in touch with the bank directly or read our guide.
NAB offers a wide range of financial products to suit different borrowing needs in Australia. The bank offers a range of tailored banking solutions to customers, which includes personal loans. Whether you’re looking for money to go travelling, to buy a car or to renovate your home, NAB could have a loan designed with you in mind.
- Additional repayments without penalty
- No early exit fees
- Borrow up to $55,000
100% confidential application
NAB Personal Loan Unsecured Fixed
NAB offers a fixed interest rate loan. Use your loan for a holiday, home improvement, a special project or even a wedding. It’s even a smart way to take control of your credit card debt.
- Interest rate from: 9.99% p.a.
- Comparison rate: 10.88% p.a.
- Interest rate type: Fixed
- Application fee: $150
- Minimum loan amount: $5,000
- Maximum loan amount: $55,000
NAB offers two personal loans:
What can I use a NAB Personal Loan for?
The personal loans from NAB can be used for a variety of purposes. Below are some of the main types of personal loans that you can take advantage of from NAB:
- Unsecured Personal Loan (Fixed). This unsecured loan can help you pay for home renovations, travel or even debt consolidation. NAB personal loans allow you to borrow between $5,000 and $55,000 depending on your needs and capacity to pay. As the loan is fixed, your repayments won't fluctuate during the loan term.
- Car Loans. If you’re looking for financing options for a car, you might want to consider a NAB Unsecured Personal Loan. The loan term is from 1 to 7 years and given that the loan is unsecured, you can finance a new car or used car.
- Unsecured Personal Loan (Variable). The unsecured variable rate option gives you increased repayment flexibility with your loan. You still won't be able to attach security but you will be able to make additional repayments and redraw them when you need to. Loan terms between 1 to 7 years are available.
Features and benefits of a NAB personal loan
- Loan amount. NAB’s personal loans give you the ability to borrow from $5,000 up to $55,000.
- Repayment terms. You can repay your loan in a period ranging between 1 to 7 years, depending on whether you choose a fixed or variable rate.
- Interest rate. NAB gives you the choice between fixed and variable rates with its personal loans.
- Repayment flexibility. There is no penalty for extra repayments, allowing you to pay off your loan sooner.
- Redraw facility. A redraw facility is available for variable rate loans.
What other products does NAB offer?
- Business Loans. You can expand your business with competitive loan offers. Whether you want to expand your branch network or invest in increasing your manufacturing capacity, NAB business loans are designed to give your company a boost.
- Bank Accounts. NAB has a complete range of bank accounts for customers. You can open a savings account, a transaction account or a specialised account. Check out the features of each product to determine which one best suits your needs.
- Credit Cards. NAB offers three main credit cards that are designed to suit different buying habits. The bank offers credit cards for personal users, business customers and frequent flyers.
How to apply for a personal loan from NAB
It is very easy to apply for a NAB personal loan – just click "Go to Site" to get started. Before you start, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- Earn a regular income or wage
- Be able to afford the loan repayments
To apply for a NAB personal loan, make sure you have the following on hand to complete the application:
- Income and employment details
- Details of your assets, debts and liabilities
- If you're self-employed, you'll need a personal income tax return and your most recent notice of assessment
- If your business runs as a partnership, company or trust, you'll need a partnership, company or trust tax return
It takes 20 minutes or less to submit an online form, but if you're an existing NAB customer you can apply through Internet banking. While NAB offers a competitive range of personal loan products, it's best to compare the options you have available to you before submitting your application.
Read more on this topic
Plenti Personal Loans Looking for a competitive rate? Plenti offers loans funded by investors with rates that are tailored to your personal circumstances.
Plenti Loans Looking for a competitive rate personal, green or car loan? Plenti is a consumer-based lender that has provided Australians with over $800 million in bespoke funding since 2014. Find out more about Plenti's loan options here.
Personal loans for laptops Find out everything you need to know about getting a loan for your laptop purchase, including what's available, if you're eligible and how to compare.
Coronavirus: What to do if you can't afford your personal loan repayments Struggling to repay your personal loan(s) as a result of COVID-19? Find out everything you need to know about what's being done to help people in your situation.
5 ways you can improve your personal finances in 5 minutes SPONSORED: Got 5 minutes to spare? Here's how you can improve your financial situation quickly and easily.
MoneyMe Line of Credit MoneyMe offers a flexible line of credit loan that's accessible within minutes. Apply online and get approved for a maximum credit limit from $1,000 to $10,000 and make purchases straight from your mobile phone.
What a time to be a loan: August 2019 sees $30bn personal loan spike Despite a $5 billion fall over the previous 12 months, Australia has seen a dramatic increase in personal loans over June-August 2019.
MyState Bank Unsecured Fixed Rate Personal Loan Looking for a personal loan without the need for security? MyState Bank offers a competitive fixed rate loan option for almost any purpose.
MyState Bank Secured Fixed Rate Personal Loan If you have good credit and can provide security, you can apply for a low-rate MyState Secured Fixed Rate Personal Loan up to $75,000 today.
Auswide Personal Loan Looking to buy a car or fund a holiday? The Auswide Personal Loan lets you borrow up to $50,000.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 7.5% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $10,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 7.45% p.a. and 16.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Make additional repayments or pay off the loan early, penalty-free.
Ask an Expert