Thank you for taking the time to submit reviews for products/providers listed on our site. We encourage you to share your opinions, both favourable and unfavourable, in accordance with these User Review Guidelines. Reviews will be moderated to detect inappropriate content like fake reviews and spam. We reserve the right to reject or remove your review if we believe that your review is in breach of these Guidelines. Ultimately, our team has the final say with regard to the interpretation and application of these Guidelines, which may be updated at any time.
Tips for writing a good review:
- Be fair and objective
- Your overall rating should match up with your written review.
- Highlight pros and cons of the product/provider
- What delighted you or surprised you of product/provider?
- What would be helpful for someone else knowing before signing up to that product/provider?
- Be specific about your use case and how you used that product.
Genuine experiences / no spam or fake reviews
Reviews can be positive, negative or neutral. However, reviews should fairly and accurately reflect a recent, genuine experience that you have had as a purchaser/customer of the product or provider (within the last 12 months), and should not be posted just to manipulate the product or provider's ratings. Don't post fake reviews, don't post the same review multiple times, and don't post reviews for the same product/provider from multiple accounts.
No affiliation or bias
We will only approve of reviews that are honest and unbiased. You should not write a review if you're closely associated with, affiliated with, work for, or are in competition with a particular product or provider. Examples of biased reviews include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews of your own business or business that you have a direct interest in
- Posting reviews if you are a current or former employee
- Reviews about a competitor to manipulate their ratings
No irrelevant reviews
Reviews should be based on your experience of the specific product or provider. They should be detailed, informative, and relevant to the question you are answering. Finder's Reviews feature is not a platform for general political, social commentary, or personal rants. Reviews that do not meet this standard will not be approved.
Proof of experience
You should keep hold of any documentation that shows you've had a genuine buying or service experience with the product or provider. We may at our discretion ask for such documentation in order to verify your experience. If you are unable to verify or do not respond, we may remove your review.
We expect all reviews (negative or positive) to be respectful. We will not allow or approve reviews that are hateful, harmful, derogatory, discriminatory, defamatory or obscene, including content that:
- harasses, intimidates or bullies an individual or group of individuals
- incites hatred against, promotes discrimination of, or disparages an individual or group on the basis of their race, culture, beliefs, physical or mental conditions, gender, religion, age, etc.
- contains personal attacks, threats or insults directed at other people
- contains swearing, SHOUTING, or other obscene, profane or offensive language or gestures
- contains sexually explicit material
No illegal or harmful content
We will not approve any content that contains illegal content or depicts illegal activity. This includes, but is not limited to content that:
- infringes on anyone else's legal rights, including copyright.
- advocates terrorist acts
- promotes, incites or instructs in crime or violence
- promotes illegal products and services
- links that lead to harmful/offensive websites
Reviews should not include any advertising, promotions, marketing material or links.
As reviews will be publicly available on our website, do not include any sensitive or personal information in your reviews, such as names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses, or any other information that could be used to identify or impersonate someone.
More guides on Finder
Leave a Review Terms and Conditions
Finder is giving away a $200 Mastercard gift card to one Finder member who writes a review on reviews.io during the month of November.
Score with your Credit Score Terms and Conditions
Finder is giving away a $250.00 Mastercard Gift Card on the first Monday of each month to one lucky member who checked their credit score in the prior month.
Christmas countdown: 14 million Australians already preparing for silly season
With the pandemic leaving many watching their money, Finder reveals the top 10 ways consumers are saving money this Christmas.
Finder announces launch of unique comparison and budgeting app
Find out how you can get on the waitlist for the Finder app.
NT Health Insurance
Read our guide to health insurance and health funds specific to residents of the Northern Territory.
Health Insurance Tasmania
Guide to finding health insurance for those living in Tasmania.
Health Insurance Victoria
If you’re looking for private health insurance in Victoria, compare the most popular health funds in your state and how much it costs to take out cover.
Health Insurance WA
Check out our list of the most popular health funds in WA and see how private health cover costs in WA compare with the rest of the country.
Compare electricity and gas plans in Sydney and NSW
Keep on top of rising energy bills. Compare and switch to a cheaper provider within minutes.