Finder Review Guidelines
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Thank you for taking the time to submit reviews for products/providers listed on our site. We encourage you to share your opinions, both favourable and unfavourable, in accordance with these User Review Guidelines. Reviews will be moderated to detect inappropriate content like fake reviews and spam. We reserve the right to reject or remove your review if we believe that your review is in breach of these Guidelines. Ultimately, our team has the final say with regard to the interpretation and application of these Guidelines, which may be updated at any time.
Tips for writing a good review:
- Be fair and objective
- Your overall rating should match up with your written review.
- Highlight pros and cons of the product/provider
- What delighted you or surprised you of product/provider?
- What would be helpful for someone else knowing before signing up to that product/provider?
- Be specific about your use case and how you used that product.
Genuine experiences / no spam or fake reviews
Reviews can be positive, negative or neutral. However, reviews should fairly and accurately reflect a recent, genuine experience that you have had as a purchaser/customer of the product or provider (within the last 12 months), and should not be posted just to manipulate the product or provider's ratings. Don't post fake reviews, don't post the same review multiple times, and don't post reviews for the same product/provider from multiple accounts.
No affiliation or bias
We will only approve of reviews that are honest and unbiased. You should not write a review if you're closely associated with, affiliated with, work for, or are in competition with a particular product or provider. Examples of biased reviews include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews of your own business or business that you have a direct interest in
- Posting reviews if you are a current or former employee
- Reviews about a competitor to manipulate their ratings
No irrelevant reviews
Reviews should be based on your experience of the specific product or provider. They should be detailed, informative, and relevant to the question you are answering. Finder's Reviews feature is not a platform for general political, social commentary, or personal rants. Reviews that do not meet this standard will not be approved.
Proof of experience
You should keep hold of any documentation that shows you've had a genuine buying or service experience with the product or provider. We may at our discretion ask for such documentation in order to verify your experience. If you are unable to verify or do not respond, we may remove your review.
We expect all reviews (negative or positive) to be respectful. We will not allow or approve reviews that are hateful, harmful, derogatory, discriminatory, defamatory or obscene, including content that:
- harasses, intimidates or bullies an individual or group of individuals
- incites hatred against, promotes discrimination of, or disparages an individual or group on the basis of their race, culture, beliefs, physical or mental conditions, gender, religion, age, etc.
- contains personal attacks, threats or insults directed at other people
- contains swearing, SHOUTING, or other obscene, profane or offensive language or gestures
- contains sexually explicit material
No illegal or harmful content
We will not approve any content that contains illegal content or depicts illegal activity. This includes, but is not limited to content that:
- infringes on anyone else's legal rights, including copyright.
- advocates terrorist acts
- promotes, incites or instructs in crime or violence
- promotes illegal products and services
- links that lead to harmful/offensive websites
Reviews should not include any advertising, promotions, marketing material or links.
As reviews will be publicly available on our website, do not include any sensitive or personal information in your reviews, such as names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses, or any other information that could be used to identify or impersonate someone.
All good? Start writing your review.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 53% off Samsung Galaxy Buds+, 60% off sports and fitness equipment, win $10,000 with Optus.
Ole Henriksen Wrinkle Blur Bakuchiol Eye Gel Crème review
This eye cream blurs and smooths fine lines, while keeping the delicate area around your eyes hydrated.
Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant review
This viral TikTok product is a bit of a rocky road, but the end result is all worth it.
Finder becomes first comparison platform to achieve CDR accreditation
Finder has become the first comparison platform to become an accredited data recipient under Australia's new government-backed data-sharing framework known as the Consumer Data Right (CDR).
Best retinol creams and serums in Australia
These are the 10 best retinols in Australia for every purpose, budget and skin type.
The best body moisturisers and lotions in Australia for 2021
We found the 13 best body moisturisers for all budgets and skin types.
Milk Makeup Kush Mascara review
This double-duty mascara works to lengthen and volumize your lashes at the same time.
Nokia G10 review: A budget phone that’s also future-proof
Nokia’s budget-centric G10 offers great value for money, especially thanks to its three-year warranty and two years of upgrades built in.
2021 MG ZS Review
It seems the ZST is really a jack of all trades kind of car. It looks good, is specced well, drives nicely and is acceptably practical.
Crowne Plaza Adelaide hotel review
Is the Crowne Plaza Adelaide a good place to stay? Find out in Finder's review.