Great Southern Bank Personal Loans
If you need a personal loan, Great Southern Bank’s range of personal loan products can help you save on fees and charges.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
- COVID-19 Update
If you're struggling to repay your personal loan, you can get in touch with the bank directly or read our guide.
Great Southern Bank is Australia's largest consumer-owned bank. Its range of personal loans allow you to renovate your home, host your dream wedding, go on your honeymoon or buy a new car. With competitive interest rates and zero monthly fees, it's worth including Great Southern Bank in your comparison.
- No monthly fees
- No early payment fees
- Flexible repayment options
100% confidential application
Great Southern Bank Unsecured Fixed Rate Personal Loan
A large personal loan with a competitive fixed rate and no monthly fees. Borrow up to $50,000 with flexible repayment options.
- Interest rate: 9.39% p.a.
- Comparison rate: 9.64% p.a.
- Interest rate type: Fixed
- Application fee: $175
- Minimum loan amount: $5,000
- Maximum loan amount: $50,000
Compare types of personal loans from Great Southern Bank
Compare types of personal loans from Great Southern Bank
- Fixed rate personal loan. You can use Great Southern Bank's fixed rate personal loan for just about anything, from purchasing a new car to consolidating debt. Your repayments will be fixed throughout the life of your loan. You can also make as many extra repayments as you wish. There are no penalties if you pay off your loan early.
- Variable rate personal loan. Great Southern Bank's variable rate personal loan has a competitive interest rate and zero monthly fees. With this loan, you can make extra repayments without fees and repay your loan early without penalty. You can also use this loan to consolidate debt and combine your other higher interest debts into one loan product.
- Fixed rate car loan. This loan product is specially designed for the purchase of a vehicle, both new and used. It offers competitive interest rates and zero monthly fees. With a fixed repayment plan, you can budget your repayments with ease.
Features and benefits of a Great Southern Bank personal loan
- Competitive fixed rate. Your interest rate will remain fixed throughout the life of your loan.
- Unlimited extra repayments. You can make as many repayments as you wish, as often as you like. If you pay off your loan early, you won't be charged extra fees or penalties.
- No monthly fees. There are no monthly or ongoing maintenance fees with Great Southern Bank's range of personal loans.
- Various loan options. Great Southern Bank's range of loans allow you to choose a product that suits your needs and circumstances. You can choose between a fixed, variable or secured loan.
- Fast response to your application. No long waiting periods! You'll hear from Great Southern Bank within 30 seconds of submitting your application.
What are the other loan products offered by Great Southern Bank?
- Home loans. Your dream home is that much closer. Choose from a range of home loans with fixed or variable rates.
- Business banking. With Great Southern Bank's business banking products, you could start a new business or pump some cash into your current enterprise.
- Transaction accounts. With no monthly fees, you can take care of your everyday banking needs.
- Insurance. Cover all your needs, including personal medical insurance.
- Savings accounts. Savings accounts that suit your needs, including those for children aged 10 to 17.
How to apply for a personal loan from Great Southern Bank
If you wish to apply for a Great Southern Bank personal loan, click "Go to Site" on this page to begin your application. You will need to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Age: You must be at least 18 years old.
- Residency: You must be a permanent resident of Australia or an Australian citizen.
- Credit: You must have a good credit history, with no defaults on your credit card or other loans over the last five years.
Keep the following documents handy when applying:
- Identification. This includes a valid form of photo ID, such as your passport or driver's license.
- Income. This includes your current income and any additional regular income.
- Assets. You will need to provide details of your assets, including property, vehicles, savings and investments.
- Liabilities. You will also need to provide a list of all your current financial obligations, including other loans and credit card debts.
When you're looking for a personal loan, make sure to compare lenders and options before applying.
More guides on Finder
2021 US Open golf Championship: Tee times and how to watch in Australia
The world’s best golfers converge on Torrey Pines for the staging of the 121st US Open Championship.
Saving hard or hardly saving: Millions of households have no emergency savings
A worrying number of Australians have no emergency savings to fall back on if they were injured and unable to work.
Expert analysis: Ethererum’s price is consolidating, not stagnating
Despite its waning price momentum, ETH is still exhibiting year-to-date gains of nearly 350%
2021 Genesis G80 Review
There is plenty to like about the 2021 Genesis G80 from its sharp and rather unique good looks to the level of equipment fitted as standard.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Opthea (OPT ↑15.6%), Bigtincan Holdings (BTH ↑11.8%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Thursday 17 June 2021.
How to buy Betashares Legg Mason Australian Bond Fund units | A$26.59
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Legg Mason Australian Bond Fund (Managed Fund) ETF units.
Bitcoin price drops as US hikes interest rates – are they connected?
Bitcoin dips as Federal Reserve chairman Jerome Powell announces interest rate hikes earlier than expected
Australian Swimming Trials: Final day schedule and how to watch free online
Australia’s best swimmers hit the pool in the battle for Olympic selection.
Victoria power outages: How to claim $1,600 in compensation
Victoria announces state energy emergency and outage payments for affected households in the state.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: Amazon Prime Day early-bird deals, 25% off Lenovo Chromebooks, Bose audio clearance.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.