NAB Car Insurance
Choose from three levels of cover and take advantage of flexible premium payment options and a 24/7 claims service.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you’re searching for a car insurance policy that matches your needs and budget, NAB Car Insurance offers three levels of cover designed to suit a variety of drivers. Issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, these policies include a 24/7 claims service, your choice of repairer, and a range of flexible options to allow you to tailor cover to your requirements.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to NAB car insurance website or compare a bunch of other car insurance companies with finder.
NAB Car Insurance cover options
- Comprehensive insurance. This is the highest level of protection available from NAB Car Insurance, and it covers your vehicle against fire, theft and accidental damage, with new car replacement available for vehicles less than two years old. Child seats, personal items and rental vehicle after theft are all included in cover, as is $20 million legal liability cover when the use of your vehicle results in accidental damage to someone else’s property or supplementary bodily injury.
- Third party fire & theft insurance. NAB third party fire & theft car insurance covers your vehicle against accidental loss or damage caused by fire and theft. Uninsured motorist damage is also covered, along with $20 million legal liability cover when the use of your vehicle results in accidental damage to someone else’s property or supplementary bodily injury.
- Third party property damage insurance. This entry-level policy provides $20 million legal liability cover when you cause accidental damage to someone else’s property or supplementary bodily injury. Cover is also available for damage resulting from a no-fault accident with an uninsured motorist.
NAB Car Insurance levels of cover
- Covers fire, theft and accidental damage
- Agreed or market value cover
- 24/7 claims service
- Your choice of repairer
- New car replacement for vehicles less than two years old
- $20 million liability cover
- Buy online and save 10% on your first year of cover
- Up to 65% no-claim bonus discount
- Discounts for safe drivers
- Roadside assistance for the first 12 months
- Covers fire and theft
- Towing costs
- Rental car after theft
- $20 million liability cover
- Uninsured motorist damage
- 24/7 claims service
- Your choice of repairer
- Flexible premium payment options
- 14-day cooling-off period
Your NAB Car Insurance claim will not be paid if:
- Your vehicle was being driven by an unlicensed driver or by someone the insurer declined to cover
- Your vehicle was being driven by someone under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Your vehicle was exceeding its load or passenger limits
- Your vehicle was being used in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition
- Your vehicle was being used to carry passengers for hire, fare or reward
- Your vehicle was being used for motorsport of any kind or in connection with the motor trade
- Your vehicle was subjected to a deliberate, intentional, malicious or criminal act by you, anyone else named in the policy schedule, or anyone acting with your consentYour vehicle was damaged by an act of war or terrorism
- It is for loss of use of your vehicle
- It is for tyre damage caused by applying the brakes or by road punctures, bursts or cuts
- It results from the lawful seizure of your vehicle
- It is for loss or damage to your vehicle after an accident, theft or breakdown when you have failed to take reasonable steps to safeguard your car
- Your vehicle was stolen after you left it unattended with the keys inside
- You did not go with your vehicle when it was shown for sale and it was stolen
- It is for the failure of the car’s computer or similar equipment
- It is for loss or damage caused by cyclone, flood or bushfire in the first 72 hours of cover
NAB Car Insurance excess
When you make a claim, you may be required to pay an excess to contribute to the cost of that claim. Any excesses that apply will be shown in your policy document and may include the following:
- Basic excess. This is the first excess you are required to pay on each claim. Its amount may vary if you choose to add a voluntary excess to your policy to enjoy cheaper premiums, or if the insurer imposes an additional excess on your policy due to specific risks.
- Age excess. The age excess must be paid if you make a claim for an accident when your vehicle was being driven by someone under 25 years of age.
- Undeclared young driver excess. You’ll need to pay this excess if, at the time of an accident, your vehicle was being driven by someone under 25 years of age who was not listed in your policy schedule.
- Inexperienced driver excess. This excess applies when the driver of your vehicle at the time of an accident was 25 years or older and had not held their current licence for more than two consecutive years.
- Theft excess. You’ll need to pay this excess if you make a claim for loss or damage caused by theft or attempted theft.
- Driver excess. The insurer may impose an additional excess on specific drivers listed on your policy.
- Unnamed driver excess. The $2,500 unnamed driver excess applies when you have chosen the named driver option and your vehicle was being driven by anyone not listed as a named driver.
- Restricted driver excess. This $2,500 excess must be paid when you have chosen the restricted driver option and your car was being driven by someone under 25 years of age at the time of an accident.
How to Save on Your NAB Car Insurance Policy
The following tips can help you save money on your NAB Car Insurance premiums:
- Name your drivers. By selecting the named driver option, you can lower the cost of your NAB Car Insurance premiums.
- Restrict drivers. Restricting drivers covered under your policy to people aged 25 or over will help reduce your premium.
- Vary your excess. You can choose a higher excess in return for a cheaper premium.
- Drive safely. As well as a maximum no-claims bonus discount of 65%, NAB Car Insurance offers additional discounts for safe drivers.
- Buy online. You can save up to 10% on your first year of NAB Comprehensive Car Insurance if you buy online.
Making a Claim
NAB Car Insurance offers a dedicated 24/7 claims service, allowing you to lodge your claim whenever you need. Claims can be submitted online using Allianz’s claims form, or you can phone the Allianz claims hotline if you would like to be talked through the process by a consultant.
You’ll need to provide full information about the incident for which you are claiming, including when and where it happened, as well as any supporting documentation the insurer requests. If your car needs to be repaired, Allianz can help you find a suitable repairer.
If you’re looking for competitive car insurance to suit your unique cover needs, NAB Car Insurance is worth adding to your shortlist of options. However, you should always compare a range of policies before deciding which one has the right features for you.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off car essentials at Catch, half-price meat thermometers, eBay Plus tech sale.
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
Mercedes-Benz G-Class luxury car insurance
Find out about how to insure the luxury Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x4 SUV.
Campervan hire in Broome | Where to book, what to know
Plan your epic road trip around WA with our guide to campervan hire in Broome.
Used car values: what helps a car retain its value?
Gumtree reveals data that could help used and new car buyers save money
Campervan relocations in Australia | Where to book, what to know
Discover great destinations for campervan relocations for your adventure across Australia.
Campervan hire in Darwin | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore the Top End with our guide to campervan hire in Darwin.
Campervan hire in Hobart | Where to book, what to know
Make the most of the great outdoors by comparing your options and the latest deals for campervan hire in Hobart.
Campervan hire on the Gold Coast | Where to book, what to know
Take your vacation to the next level with a campervan hire on the Gold Coast.
Campervan hire in Sydney | Where to book, what to know
Find your perfect home on wheels with campervan rentals in The Harbour City.
Ask an Expert