We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you’re searching for a car insurance policy that matches your needs and budget, NAB Car Insurance offers three levels of cover designed to suit a variety of drivers. Issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, these policies include a 24/7 claims service, your choice of repairer, and a range of flexible options to allow you to tailor cover to your requirements.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to NAB car insurance website or compare a bunch of other car insurance companies with finder.
NAB Car Insurance cover options
- Comprehensive insurance. This is the highest level of protection available from NAB Car Insurance, and it covers your vehicle against fire, theft and accidental damage, with new car replacement available for vehicles less than two years old. Child seats, personal items and rental vehicle after theft are all included in cover, as is $20 million legal liability cover when the use of your vehicle results in accidental damage to someone else’s property or supplementary bodily injury.
- Third party fire & theft insurance. NAB third party fire & theft car insurance covers your vehicle against accidental loss or damage caused by fire and theft. Uninsured motorist damage is also covered, along with $20 million legal liability cover when the use of your vehicle results in accidental damage to someone else’s property or supplementary bodily injury.
- Third party property damage insurance. This entry-level policy provides $20 million legal liability cover when you cause accidental damage to someone else’s property or supplementary bodily injury. Cover is also available for damage resulting from a no-fault accident with an uninsured motorist.
NAB Car Insurance levels of cover
- Covers fire, theft and accidental damage
- Agreed or market value cover
- 24/7 claims service
- Your choice of repairer
- New car replacement for vehicles less than two years old
- $20 million liability cover
- Buy online and save 10% on your first year of cover
- Up to 65% no-claim bonus discount
- Discounts for safe drivers
- Roadside assistance for the first 12 months
- Covers fire and theft
- Towing costs
- Rental car after theft
- $20 million liability cover
- Uninsured motorist damage
- 24/7 claims service
- Your choice of repairer
- Flexible premium payment options
- 14-day cooling-off period
Is this insurance suitable for me?
NAB has a number of eligibility requirements. It's really important that you read NAB's Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), which is available on its website, to determine if this car insurance will meet your needs and circumstances.
Your vehicle will need to be roadworthy and registered with the relevant transport authority in Australia. The underwriter of this insurance, Allianz, specifies that the likely financial situation its products are suited to is as follows: "Persons who are able to pay premiums in accordance with the chosen premium structure, and any excess in the event of a claim in accordance with the chosen excess option."
Your NAB Car Insurance claim will not be paid if:
- Your vehicle was being driven by an unlicensed driver or by someone the insurer declined to cover
- Your vehicle was being driven by someone under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Your vehicle was exceeding its load or passenger limits
- Your vehicle was being used in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition
- Your vehicle was being used to carry passengers for hire, fare or reward
- Your vehicle was being used for motorsport of any kind or in connection with the motor trade
- Your vehicle was subjected to a deliberate, intentional, malicious or criminal act by you, anyone else named in the policy schedule, or anyone acting with your consentYour vehicle was damaged by an act of war or terrorism
- It is for loss of use of your vehicle
- It is for tyre damage caused by applying the brakes or by road punctures, bursts or cuts
- It results from the lawful seizure of your vehicle
- It is for loss or damage to your vehicle after an accident, theft or breakdown when you have failed to take reasonable steps to safeguard your car
- Your vehicle was stolen after you left it unattended with the keys inside
- You did not go with your vehicle when it was shown for sale and it was stolen
- It is for the failure of the car’s computer or similar equipment
- It is for loss or damage caused by cyclone, flood or bushfire in the first 72 hours of cover
NAB Car Insurance excess
When you make a claim, you may be required to pay an excess to contribute to the cost of that claim. Any excesses that apply will be shown in your policy document and may include the following:
- Basic excess. This is the first excess you are required to pay on each claim. Its amount may vary if you choose to add a voluntary excess to your policy to enjoy cheaper premiums, or if the insurer imposes an additional excess on your policy due to specific risks.
- Age excess. The age excess must be paid if you make a claim for an accident when your vehicle was being driven by someone under 25 years of age.
- Theft excess. You’ll need to pay this excess if you make a claim for loss or damage caused by theft or attempted theft.
- Driver excess. The insurer may impose an additional excess on specific drivers listed on your policy.
- Unnamed driver excess. The $2,500 unnamed driver excess applies when you have chosen the named driver option and your vehicle was being driven by anyone not listed as a named driver.
How to Save on Your NAB Car Insurance Policy
The following tips can help you save money on your NAB Car Insurance premiums:
- Name your drivers. By selecting the named driver option, you can lower the cost of your NAB Car Insurance premiums.
- Restrict drivers. Restricting drivers covered under your policy to people aged 25 or over will help reduce your premium.
- Vary your excess. You can choose a higher excess in return for a cheaper premium.
- Drive safely. As well as a maximum no-claims bonus discount of 65%, NAB Car Insurance offers additional discounts for safe drivers.
- Buy online. You can save up to 10% on your first year of NAB Comprehensive Car Insurance if you buy online.
Making a Claim
NAB Car Insurance offers a dedicated 24/7 claims service, allowing you to lodge your claim whenever you need. Claims can be submitted online using Allianz’s claims form, or you can phone the Allianz claims hotline if you would like to be talked through the process by a consultant.
You’ll need to provide full information about the incident for which you are claiming, including when and where it happened, as well as any supporting documentation the insurer requests. If your car needs to be repaired, Allianz can help you find a suitable repairer.
If you’re looking for competitive car insurance to suit your unique cover needs, NAB Car Insurance is worth adding to your shortlist of options. However, you should always compare a range of policies before deciding which one has the right features for you.
More guides on Finder
Travel insurance for seniors over 80
Travel insurance is an essential expense for anyone planning a trip overseas, though sometimes it can be difficult to find cover if you are over 80 years of age.
Travel Cancellation Insurance
Planning a holiday is a lot of fun, but what happens when something goes wrong and your plans are thrown into disarray? Cancellation travel insurance protects your holiday plans.
Holiday home insurance
What to know about insurance before renting out your home, and what to look for in Airbnb insurance.
What to do after a car accident
Would you know what to do if you were involved in a car accident? This guide looks at the steps to take after an accident has occurred, from securing the scene to making a claim with your insurer.
Farm insurance can provide the protection Australian farmers need. It can include ✓ building insurance ✓ crop insurance ✓ livestock insurance
2021 MG ZS Review
It seems the ZST is really a jack of all trades kind of car. It looks good, is specced well, drives nicely and is acceptably practical.
New Zealand travel bubble: Should I get travel insurance?
A quarantine-free travel bubble will allow Aussies to travel from 19 April. Before you book, here's what travel insurance will and won't cover you for.
2021 Kia Stinger 330S review
The Kia Stinger 330S costs $9,800 less than the top of the line GT model. But should you buy it?
Ask an Expert