Allianz Car Insurance
Does Allianz Car Insurance have the cover you need? Find out with our quickfire review.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Whether you use your car to get from A to B or if you simply love the feeling of getting behind the wheel, it’s important that you have the right type and level of car insurance cover in place. Award winning Allianz car insurance offers 3 different cover options: Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage, and Compulsory Third Party Insurance.
Allianz Australia is one of Australia’s largest insurers and has more than two and a half million policyholders around the country. Its car insurance products offers a range of competitive features - compare and see which policy is right for you.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Allianz website or compare a bunch of other car insurance companies with finder.
- Is there a No Claim Bonus? No Claim Bonus is replaced by Star Rating Protection.
- Can I save by having a higher excess? Choosing a higher voluntary excess will result in a lower premium for you.
Allianz SureCover Car Insurance Comprehensive Cover
This policy provides the broadest range of protection available from Allianz and it covers your car for loss or damage as well as your liability when your vehicle causes damage to another car. You can choose from an agreed or market value policy and also take advantage of Allianz’s quick and simple claims process.
- $20 million of liability cover when your vehicle damages someone else’s property or vehicle
- Guaranteed authorised repairs
- No-fault accidents where the other driver is uninsured
- New for old replacement for cars less than two years old
- Towing costs
- $25,000 of accidental death cover.
- Cccidental loss or damage to your vehicle including theft, fire and collision:
Allianz SureCover Car Insurance TPPD F&T
When you cause damage to other people’s cars and property, this policy provides up to $20 million of liability cover. Up to $5,000 of cover is also available when your car catches fire or is stolen, while towing costs after a fire or theft are also covered.
- $20 million of liability cover when your car damages someone else’s vehicle or property. up to $3,000 of uninsured motorist cover
- Covers loss or damage caused by fire or theft
- Towing costs
- A repair guarantee
- Legal liability cover when you’re using a substitute vehicle.
Allianz SureCover Car Insurance TPPD
Allianz’s Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance policy offers the most basic and affordable level of cover available from this insurer. It offers up to $20 million of liability cover when your vehicle causes damage to someone else’s vehicle or property.
- $20 million of liability cover for damage to other people’s vehicles and property
- Legal costs arising out of a covered loss
- A repair guarantee
- Uninsured motorist cover.
|If you have a claim under this policy we give benefits for:||Comprehensive cover||Third Party Property Damage Fire & Theft cover||Third Party Property Damage Cover|
|$25,000 accidental death cover|
|Accidental loss or damage|
|Damage to 3rd party property|
|Damage to your car in not at fault accident with uninsured driver|
|Legal costs arising from covered loss under your policy|
|Legal liability when using substitute vehicle|
|Loss or damage to your car caused by fire or theft|
|New replacement car if your new car is a total loss*|
|Nil excess on windscreen claim|
|Personal effects and clothing|
|Star Rating protection (Comprehensive)|
|Re-keying and Re-coding|
|Rental car following an accident|
|Rental car following theft|
|Tools of Trade|
|Trailer and caravan cover|
*less than two years old from original registration
There are certain situations when Allianz will refuse to pay your claim, including:
- If your car was being driven by an unlicensed driver
- If you have selected the Restricted Driver option and your vehicle was being driven by someone under 25 years of age
- If your vehicle was being driven by someone under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or by someone who refused to undergo drug or alcohol testing
- If your vehicle was being used to carry too many passengers or tow too heavy a load
- If your vehicle was being used in an unsafe or un-roadworthy condition
- If your car was being used to carry passengers for hire, fare or reward
- If your car was being used for racing or motor sport of any kind
- If your car was being used in connection with the motor trade
- If your claim arises from a deliberate or intentional malicious act by you or someone else acting on your behalf
- If your claim relates to acts of war or terrorism
- If your claim is for depreciation or wear and tear
- If your claim is for mechanical or electrical breakdowns or failures
- If your claim is for tyre damage caused by braking or punctures
- If your claim relates to the lawful seizure of your vehicle
- If you fail to take reasonable steps to protect or safeguard your vehicle.
Allianz will assess the likelihood of you making a claim before deciding on how much your cover will cost. The cost of your car insurance premiums could be influenced by:
- How old are you? Older, more experienced drivers are cheaper to insure than their younger counterparts.
- What type of car do you drive? Cars that are more expensive or more powerful will typically cost more to insure.
- Do you drive a lot? The annual mileage you clock up in your vehicle will be taken into account.
- Are you a man or woman? Male drivers typically cost more to insure than females.
- Where do you park your car at night? Your car is much less likely to suffer loss or damage if it’s parked in a locked garage overnight instead of left on the street.
- Do you live in an area with a high crime rate? Your premiums might cost more if you live in a high-crime area, for example.
- Do you own the vehicle outright? Whether your vehicle is owned outright or if you have outstanding finance.
When you make a claim under your policy, in many cases you will have to pay an excess to contribute towards the cost of your claim. One or more of the following excesses may apply to your policy:
- Basic excess. This is made up of the minimum basic excess, the voluntary excess (which can reduce your premium) and any policy imposed excess.
- Age excess. If you make a claim for an accident where your vehicle was being driven by someone aged under 25, you’ll need to pay this excess.
- Unnamed driver excess. If someone gets in an accident that isn't listed on your insurance policy you'll need to pay an additional excess.
- Theft excess. This excess applies to claims of theft or attempted theft.
- Driver excess. This excess applies for claims made when the listed person is driving your vehicle.
If you’re involved in an accident, do not admit liability but do make sure to check that everyone is okay. Take all reasonable steps to prevent further loss and contact the emergency services if necessary. If your car has been stolen, report the theft to the police as soon as possible.
You can then phone Allianz as soon as possible to begin the claims process. You’ll be supplied with a claim form and will need to provide full details of the incident to an Allianz representative, who will then start the process of getting you back on the road.
How to cancel Allianz car insurance
If you cancel your Allianz policy, you may receive a refund of the unused premiums, minus reasonable administration costs. Call 13 1000 to discuss cancelling your policy. Once you've cancelled, you can compare policies on Finder to find a car insurer that works right for you.
Whether you drive a big SUV or a micro hatchback, Allianz Car Insurance policies offer a competitive range of features and benefits. Just make sure to weigh up all of your options before you decide on the car insurance policy that’s right for you.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
Rangehood installation services
Learn about rangehood installation services and how to find a book a quality service online.
Business courses online in Australia
Searching for a career in business and not sure where to start? Find out here.
7 things I learned from having to cancel my domestic trip | A couple of travel makers
Because unforeseen circumstances do happen.
How to start a small business from home
6 tips to start a successful home based business.
Pets in apartments: Sydney ruling sparks insurance questions
The NSW Supreme Court has given the go-ahead for pets in apartments. But there are things to consider before moving a furry friend into your home.
Best GPS navigation systems in Australia 2020
These are the best GPS Navigation Systems in Australia for 2020, as determined by thousands of real customer reviews.
5 weird Amazon Prime Day deals that are worth buying
Here are five cool and weird Amazon Prime Day deals you didn't realise you needed: from beach metal detectors to travel telescope kits.
Ford Focus ST Review: hands-on
The Ford Focus ST is perhaps one of the best known hot hatches and with the latest model they have made a German-built vehicle accessible to more people.
Every hybrid car in Australia ranked
We've ranked every hybrid vehicle available in Australia.
Ask an Expert