Whether you use your car to get from A to B or if you simply love the feeling of getting behind the wheel, it’s important that you have the right type and level of car insurance cover in place. Award winning Allianz car insurance offers 3 different cover options: Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage, and Compulsory Third Party Insurance.
Allianz Australia is one of Australia’s largest insurers and has more than two and a half million policyholders around the country. Its car insurance products offers a range of competitive features - compare and see which policy is right for you.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Allianz insurance website or compare car insurance from a bunch of other insurance companies with Finder.
- Is there a No Claim Bonus? No Claim Bonus is replaced by Star Rating Protection.
- Can I save by having a higher excess? Choosing a higher voluntary excess will result in a lower premium for you.
Allianz Car Insurance Comprehensive Cover
This policy provides the broadest range of protection available from Allianz and it covers your car for loss or damage as well as your liability when your vehicle causes damage to another car. You can choose from an agreed or market value policy and also take advantage of Allianz’s quick and simple claims process.
- Yes - $20,000,000 of liability cover when your vehicle damages someone else’s property or vehicle
- Guaranteed authorised repairs
- No-fault accidents where the other driver is uninsured
- New for old replacement for cars less than two years old
- Towing costs
- Accidental loss or damage to your vehicle including theft, fire and collision:
Allianz Car Insurance TPPD
Allianz’s Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance policy offers the most basic and affordable level of cover available from this insurer. It offers up to $20,000,000 of liability cover when your vehicle causes damage to someone else’s vehicle or property.
- $20,000,000 of liability cover for damage to other people’s vehicles and property
- Legal costs arising out of a covered loss
- A repair guarantee
- Uninsured motorist cover.
|If you have a claim under this policy we give benefits for:||Comprehensive cover||Third Party Property Damage Cover|
|Accidental death cover|
|Accidental loss or damage|
|Damage to 3rd party property||Yes - $20,000,000||$20,000,000|
|Damage to your car in not at fault accident with uninsured driver|
|Emergency repairs||Yes - $500|
|Legal costs arising from covered loss under your policy|
|Legal liability when using substitute vehicle|
|Loss or damage to your car caused by fire or theft|
|New replacement car if your new car is a total loss||Yes - If your car is written off or stolen in the first 2 years|
|Nil excess on windscreen claim||Optional|
|Personal effects and clothing||$500||$0|
|Star Rating protection (Comprehensive)||Optional|
|Re-keying and Re-coding||Yes - $1,000||$0|
|Rental car following an accident||Yes - Up to $50 per day - Until claim is completed|
|Rental car following theft||Yes - Up to $50 per day - Until claim is completed|
|Tools of Trade||Optional|
|Trailer and caravan cover|
|Transportation costs||Up to $500|
There are certain situations when Allianz will refuse to pay your claim, including:
- If your car was being driven by an unlicensed driver
- If you have selected the Restricted Driver option and your vehicle was being driven by someone under 25 years of age
- If your vehicle was being driven by someone under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or by someone who refused to undergo drug or alcohol testing
- If your vehicle was being used to carry too many passengers or tow too heavy a load
- If your vehicle was being used in an unsafe or un-roadworthy condition
- If your car was being used to carry passengers for hire, fare or reward
- If your car was being used for racing or motor sport of any kind
- If your car was being used in connection with the motor trade
- If your claim arises from a deliberate or intentional malicious act by you or someone else acting on your behalf
- If your claim relates to acts of war or terrorism
- If your claim is for depreciation or wear and tear
- If your claim is for mechanical or electrical breakdowns or failures
- If your claim is for tyre damage caused by braking or punctures
- If your claim relates to the lawful seizure of your vehicle
- If you fail to take reasonable steps to protect or safeguard your vehicle.
Allianz will assess the likelihood of you making a claim before deciding on how much your cover will cost. The cost of your car insurance premiums could be influenced by:
- How old are you? Older, more experienced drivers are cheaper to insure than their younger counterparts.
- What type of car do you drive? Cars that are more expensive or more powerful will typically cost more to insure.
- Do you drive a lot? The annual mileage you clock up in your vehicle will be taken into account.
- Are you a man or woman? Male drivers typically cost more to insure than females.
- Where do you park your car at night? Your car is much less likely to suffer loss or damage if it’s parked in a locked garage overnight instead of left on the street.
- Do you live in an area with a high crime rate? Your premiums might cost more if you live in a high-crime area, for example.
- Do you own the vehicle outright? Whether your vehicle is owned outright or if you have outstanding finance.
When you make a claim under your policy, in many cases you will have to pay an excess to contribute towards the cost of your claim. One or more of the following excesses may apply to your policy:
- Basic excess. This is made up of the minimum basic excess, the voluntary excess (which can reduce your premium) and any policy imposed excess.
- Age excess. If you make a claim for an accident where your vehicle was being driven by someone aged under 25, you’ll need to pay this excess.
- Unnamed driver excess. If someone gets in an accident that isn't listed on your insurance policy you'll need to pay an additional excess.
- Theft excess. This excess applies to claims of theft or attempted theft.
- Driver excess. This excess applies for claims made when the listed person is driving your vehicle.
If you’re involved in an accident, do not admit liability but do make sure to check that everyone is okay. Take all reasonable steps to prevent further loss and contact the emergency services if necessary. If your car has been stolen, report the theft to the police as soon as possible.
You can then phone Allianz as soon as possible to begin the claims process. You’ll be supplied with a claim form and will need to provide full details of the incident to an Allianz representative, who will then start the process of getting you back on the road.
How to cancel Allianz car insurance
If you cancel your Allianz policy, you may receive a refund of the unused premiums, minus reasonable administration costs. Call 13 1000 to discuss cancelling your policy. Once you've cancelled, you can compare policies on Finder to find a car insurer that works right for you.
Why you can trust Finder's car insurance experts
You pay the same as buying directly from the car insurer. Better still, we regularly run exclusive deals that you won't find on any other site – plus, our tables make it easy to compare policies.
Unlike other comparison sites, we're not owned by an insurer. That means our opinions are our own and we work with lots of car insurance brands, making it easier for you to find a good deal.
Since 2014, we've helped 300,000+ people find car insurance by explaining your cover options, simply and clearly. We'll never ask for your number or email. We're here to help you make a decision.
We're here to help
Whether you drive a big SUV or a micro hatchback, Allianz Car Insurance policies offer a competitive range of features and benefits. Just make sure to weigh up all of your options before you decide on the car insurance policy that’s right for you.
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.
Ask an Expert