Qantas Car Insurance
Earn points when you take out a Qantas Car Insurance policy.
When you buy Qantas Car Insurance, you can earn up to 20,000 frequent flyer points. That’s almost enough to fly from Sydney to Bali. With all those potential savings, it’s worth seeing if Qantas have a car insurance policy for you.
Ready to compare policies?
What cover does Qantas Car Insurance offer?
Qantas Comprehensive Car Insurance covers you for loss or damage to your car due to an accident, even if you're at fault. You will also be covered for severe weather, fire, theft, storm damage and flood damage, vandalism and liability for accidental damage your car causes to other people's property.
Third Party Property Only is the least comprehensive policy and only covers you for accidental damage your car causes to other people's property.
How do policy features compare?
Check out how the 3 Qantas Car Insurance policies compare to one another.
|Benefit||Comprehensive||Third Party Fire & Theft||Third Party|
|Choice of Market Value or Agreed Value*|
|Damage to Other People's Property||$20M||$20M||$20M|
|Emergency Transport and Accommodation|
|Hire Car Following a No Fault Accident|
|Hire Car Following Theft|
|New Car Replacement|
|Child Seats or Capsules|
|Trailer and Caravan|
|Uninsured Motorist Damage|
|Accident Clean Up|
What else can I get with a comprehensive policy?
The following are optional benefits that you can add on to your Qantas Comprehensive Car Insurance.
- Accident Hire Car - you can get a hire car if you're involved in an accident that was your fault. Qantas will pay you until your car is repaired, your claim is paid, or for a maximum period of 14 days.
- Reduced Window Glass Excess - This applies to the front, rear and side windows and means you won't be out of pocket if your windows are damaged.
- Choice of Repairer - If you have a car repairer you have used in the past and trust, Qantas will allow you to use them if you add this feature to your Comprehensive Car Insurance policy.
- No Claim Discount Protection - With this optional service, you are allowed to make 1 claim during the current period of insurance, or 2 claims in a 3 year period without affecting your No Claims Discount.
What exclusions should I be aware of?
No insurance policy covers everything. The following list highlights some of the exclusions in Qantas's car insurance policies. For a full list, make sure you read their PDS.
Your claim won't be paid out in the following situations if:
- Your car was used while in an unsafe condition.
- Your car was used as a courier or delivery car to carry passengers for a fee or reward, e.g. Uber.
- You were carrying too many passengers or towing a greater load than your car was designed for.
- You damage your car by using the wrong fuel.
- You damage your car after an accident, theft, incident or breakdown where you have not taken reasonable steps to protect your car.
- If damage occurs by any other driver that you selected to be excluded, or they required to be excluded,
- If damage occurs by any driver excluded by age.
Read more on this topic
Australian car insurers offer discounts amid coronavirus Which Aussie car insurers are offering cut rates or cashback?
PD car insurance See how PD car insurance policies stack up next to one another and what benefits they offer.
Comprehensive vs third party car insurance What's the difference between the two and which should you be looking at?
Battle of the rideshares: Uber vs Ola vs DiDi vs Bolt Which rideshare option is cheaper?
Car Insurance Renewal Guide to car insurance renewals.
30,000 Australians to get money back on add-on insurance ASIC orders six insurers to refund $14.7 million to Aussie consumers.
Kangaroo collisions cost Australians $6 million in insurance excess Huddle launches Australia's first "Kanga Cover".
ING Car Insurance Find out if ING Car Insurance has the cover you need.
A complete guide to car restraints Learn how to secure your child correctly and important tips for travelling with kids.
Ask an Expert