We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
When you buy Qantas Car Insurance, you can earn up to 30,000 frequent flyer points. That’s almost enough to fly from Sydney to Bali. With all those potential savings, it’s worth seeing if Qantas have a car insurance policy for you.
Ready to compare policies?
What cover does Qantas Car Insurance offer?
Qantas Comprehensive Car Insurance covers you for loss or damage to your car due to an accident, even if you're at fault, given all available evidence, it is reasonable for us to decide if the driver of the car is partially or entirely at fault. You will also be covered for severe weather, fire, theft, storm damage and flood damage, vandalism and liability for accidental damage your car causes to other people's property.
Third Party Property Only is the least comprehensive policy and only covers you for accidental damage your car causes to other people's property.
How do policy features compare?
Check out how the 3 Qantas Car Insurance policies compare to one another.
|Benefit||Comprehensive||Third Party Fire & Theft||Third Party|
|Choice of Market Value or Agreed Value*|
|Damage to Other People's Property|
|Emergency Transport and Accommodation|
|Hire Car Following a No Fault Accident|
|Hire Car Following Theft|
|New Car Replacement|
|Child Seats or Capsules|
|Trailer and Caravan|
|Uninsured Motorist Damage|
|Accident Clean Up|
What else can I get with a comprehensive policy?
The following are optional benefits that you can add on to your Qantas Comprehensive Car Insurance.
- Accident Hire Car - you can get a hire car if you're involved in an accident that was your fault. Qantas will arrange a hire car for you until your car is repaired or your claim is paid.
- Reduced Window Glass Excess - This applies to the front, rear and side windows and means you won't be out of pocket if your windows are damaged.
- Choice of Repairer - If you have a car repairer you have used in the past and trust, Qantas will allow you to use them if you add this feature to your Comprehensive Car Insurance policy.
What exclusions should I be aware of?
No insurance policy covers everything. The following list highlights some of the exclusions in Qantas's car insurance policies. For a full list, make sure you read their PDS.
Your claim won't be paid out in the following situations if:
- Your car was used while in an unsafe condition.
- Your car was used as a courier or delivery car to carry passengers for a fee or reward, e.g. Uber.
- You were carrying too many passengers or towing a greater load than your car was designed for.
- You damage your car by using the wrong fuel.
- You damage your car after an accident, theft, incident or breakdown where you have not taken reasonable steps to protect your car.
- If damage occurs by any other driver that you selected to be excluded, or they required to be excluded,
- If damage occurs by any driver excluded by age.
More guides on Finder
Qantas launches Qantas Cash in New Zealand
Qantas has launched Qantas Cash in New Zealand. We compare it with the Australian Qantas Cash card to determine which card offers better value.
Qantas Travel Money Card Full Review
With Qantas Travel Money cards (previously Qantas Cash), you can carry multiple currencies using a single card and earn rewards points.
Ask an Expert