ahm car insurance
ahm car insurance offers tailored coverage to suit your needs.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the ahm car insurance website or compare a bunch of other car insurance companies with finder.
What cover options are available with ahm car insurance?
ahm offers two policies: comprehensive and third party property. Both come with a range of options that let you tailor your car insurance policy to your needs. Here's a breakdown of what they include:
Some key features of ahm's comprehensive car insurance option include cover for:
- Loss or damage to your car. ahm will pay up to the agreed or market value if your car is in a collision, stolen or damaged by fire or another natural event.
- New for old car replacement. Yes - If your car is written off in the first 2 years.
- Hire car after theft. Up to $70 per day (Max 14 days) to cover the cost of a rental car if your car is stolen.
- Trailer and caravan cover. You can get up to $1,000 to cover the cost of accidental loss or damage to a trailer or caravan.
- Essential repairs. You can get up to $500 to cover repairs to get your car roadworthy again.
- Personal property. You can get up to $500 for accidental loss, theft or damage to personal property kept in the car.
- Emergency travel and accommodation. You can get up to $500 to cover accommodation and travel if you are more than 200km from your home and your car can't be driven.
- Locks and keys. You can get up to $1,000 to cover replacing stolen keys.
- Towing costs. Reasonable cover for the cost of towing your damaged car to a secure place.
- Legal liability. You can get up to $20,000,000 towards legal fees if you need to pay compensation for damage to other people's property.
Third party property
ahm also provides third party property cover, which automatically covers you for:
- Legal liability cover up to $20,000,000.
- Up to $3,000 towards damage to your car caused by another person who is not insured.
You can pay more to add the following benefits:
- Loss or damage due to fire.
- Loss or damage due to theft.
How do ahm's policy benefits compare?
Take a look at how ahm's car insurance policies stack up against one another.
|Benefit||Comprehensive||Third party property|
|Loss of or damage to your vehicle|
|New car replacement||Yes - If your car is written off in the first 2 years|
|Damage to someone else's vehicle|
|Hire car following theft||Up to $70 per day (Max 14 days)||Optional|
|Replacement keys/remote||$1,000||Optional - $1,000|
|Emergency transport and accommodation||$500||Optional - $1,000|
|Repairs guaranteed for as long as you own the car|
|24/7 emergency help|
|Reduced window glass excess||Optional|
|Higher excess to reduce premium|
Table updated January 2021
What additional cover options are available?
Looking for even more cover? These additional add-ons might be what you need:
- Fixed kilometre plan. This lets you save on your insurance premiums if you drive less than 15,000km per year.
- Hire car cover. This lets you get a hire car following theft or damage to your vehicle.
- Excess-free windscreen cover. If your front windscreen is accidentally broken or damaged, ahm will pay to replace or repair it without making you pay an excess.
- Excess-free kangaroo damage cover. If your vehicle is accidentally damaged because you hit a kangaroo or other animal, ahm won't ask you to pay an excess.
- Sports gear cover. Cover for your sports gear, as long as it's in or securely attached to your car.
General exclusions to be aware of
ahm car insurance will not pay if your claim arises from:
- Driver exclusions such as if the driver is younger than any age restriction shown on your Certificate of Insurance, they're a learner unaccompanied by a fully licensed driver or they're not legally licensed to drive your car.
- Usage exclusions such as driving the car while it's in an unsafe or un-roadworthy condition, using it to move dangerous goods or substances that could pollute or contaminate, or using it for any motorsport.
- Loss or damage caused by using the wrong fuel.
- Repairs ahm does not consent to.
- Loss or damage where you have not taken reasonable steps to protect your car.
- Any pre-existing damage.
- Mechanical damage because you knowingly drove the car in a damaged condition.
- Tyre damage caused by punctures or braking.
- Wear and tear, rust or corrosion.
- Mechanical, electrical or computer breakdowns.
For a full list of exclusions, always read the product disclosure statement.
How to make a claim
Making an ahm car insurance claim is straightforward. You'll need to provide full details of the incident that caused you to claim. You should be able to make your claim online and will most likely need the following:
- A police incident number or report
- The contact details of anyone else involved
- Information and photos detailing loss, damage and/or liability
- Proof of ownership
- Written statements
You can email ahm at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 518 049 for more information.
More guides on Finder
The Best Black Friday tech deals in Australia
Black Friday has landed, which means its time to get a deal on some fancy tech, from phones and headphones to laptops and cameras.
Cyber Weekend Christmas shopping deals for kids and teens: Get 60% off
Black Friday's best Christmas shopping deals for kids include Lego for 40% off, 38% off Beyblade, LEGO bargains galore and big Bluey discounts
7 steps to building your passive income
Setting a goal of making $200k per year passive income may seem all but unattainable, but investing experts Scott & Mina O'Neill say it's possible.
A-League fans! Here are 10 (more) reasons to get Paramount Plus
Come for the football, stay for the quality original TV.
Ethereum price gains 10% in a week – here’s why that could continue
In spite of the recent crash which saw nearly AU $400 billion being wiped out from the market, ETH has been able to register monthly gains of over 6%.
Crypto markets dive, but Bitcoin’s price remains resilient – here’s why that could change
Over the course of the last 14 days, Bitcoin has registered losses of over 16%.
The Best iPhone Black Friday deals in Australia: Save $300+ on an iPhone
Top Black Friday iPhone deals include 26% off the iPhone 12 Mini at The Good Guys and cut-price refurbished models at Amazon and eBay.
Black Friday TV deals in Australia: Up to $3,000 off smart TVs
The best Black Friday 2021 discounts include over $1,000 off 75-inch and 85-inch smart TVs from Samsung and Hisense.
50 best Black Friday deals: Tech, games, beauty, fashion and more
We've handpicked the 50 best Black Friday deals available in Australia right now, including tech favourites, games, toys, beauty, homewares and more.
eBay Australia’s best Black Friday 2021 deals with up to 75% off
We've handpicked the 50 best Black Friday deals available from eBay right now, including tech, games, home appliances and more.