We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
PD's car insurance policies are underwritten and administered by Pacific International Insurance, an Australian insurance company. It offers three types of car insurance policies, and perks including free windscreen cover, early shopper discounts and exclusive-driver discounts if you're the only driver. Check out its policies below.
Finder's 3 favourite features
- Free windscreen cover with a PD comprehensive car insurance policy. Unlike most providers, you won't need to pay an excess if your windows or windscreens need to be repaired.
- It's modern and 100% online so you can get a quote, buy and manage your policy, and claim online.
- Early shopper discount. If you get a car insurance quote with PD insurance before your existing policy expires, you qualify for its Early Shopper Discount.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the PD website or compare a bunch of other car insurance companies with finder.
What options are available with PD car insurance?
Comprehensive Car Insurance covers your car for loss or damage caused by an accident, theft or fire. It will also cover you for any damage that your car causes to someone else's vehicle or property. You also get free windscreen cover meaning you won't have to pay any excess for damage to your vehicle's windscreen or window glass if the windscreen or window glass is repaired rather than replaced.
Third Party, Fire and Theft protects you financially against damage you cause with your car to other people's vehicles or property. This policy also covers you against theft or fire damage to your car as well.
Third Party Property Damage is tailored to drivers who want the basics. It covers you against damage you cause with your car to other people's vehicles or property and not much else, but is the cheapest option.
What other benefits are available with PD car insurance?
PD Comprehensive Car Insurance comes with the following benefits:
- If your car is stolen or written-off, PD will provide you with a new vehicle if yours is less than 12 months old or pay you the agreed value for your car.
- A hire car if yours is stolen.
- You'll receive emergency repair cover up to $500.
- When your car is damaged in an incident that PD covers and it cannot be safely driven, PD will pay the reasonable cost of towing your car to the nearest repairer or temporarily storing it.
- You won't have to pay any excess for damage to your vehicle's windscreen or window glass if it can be repaired rather than replaced
- PD will pay up to $1,000 to replace your car's keys and locks if they are stolen.
What additional options should I consider?
There are several additional options you can add to your PD car insurance policy. These include:
- Roadside Assistance. If your car breaks down, gets a flat battery, you lose your keys or get a flat tyre and need to be towed, PD provides a 24/7 roadside assistance service for an extra monthly fee.
- Hire Car. While comprehensive coverage automatically includes a rental car if yours is stolen or written off, you can get a rental car for up to 14 days while your car is being repaired or replaced as a result of an accident or incident.
- Windscreen/Window Glass. You can add on replacement windscreen or window glass cover for an additional fee.
- Excess Buster. With this, you don't need to pay a basic excess in the event that you make a claim. PD will pay it for you, once per year.
- Contents Cover. This lets you cover valuable items in your car if they're damaged during an incident or are stolen.
Are there any exclusions I should be aware of?
There are many exclusions and conditions where PD insurance will not pay your claim. These include:
- Damage caused by wear and tear including electrical and mechanical breakdown.
- Using your car for monetary purposes e.g. to carry persons or property for a fee or reward of any kind.
- If the driver is under the influence of any alcohol, drug or medication.
- No cover is provided while your vehicle is being driven by any person who is an excluded driver.
More guides on Finder
Body corporate fees
What exactly are body corporate fees and what do your quarterly fees go towards?
Six of the best electric cars in Australia
Here are some of the best electric cars in Australia in 2021.
2021 MG HS Plug-In Hybrid Review
After launching its first fully electric vehicle, MG has launched what it believes to be a good compromise: the MG HS Plug-In Hybrid.
Apeman C450 Dash Cam Review: Functional, but not fancy
If you just want to track your car’s progress for the fundamentals, the Apeman C450 will get the job done, but its price does reflect the lack of polish or additional features on offer.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
How to find the best car storage facility to keep your set of wheels safe and secure.
Does home insurance cover hearing aids?
Want hearing aid insurance? Home insurance is the answer.
What are covered events in home insurance?
All home insurance policies have a common list of covered events. These insured events include things like fire, storm and theft.
What is insurance fraud, and how does it affect my home insurance?
Curious to know what happens if you commit insurance fraud on a home insurance claim? Here's what we know, and why you probably shouldn't do it.
BMW X7 car insurance
Thinking about buying a BMW X7? See average car insurance costs and find out about prestige car insurance