comprehensive car insurance
for women. Women are statistically safer drivers, which means that Stella is generally able to offer more affordable car insurance policies
to its female-only customers.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Stella car insurance website or compare a bunch of other car insurance companies with Finder.Compare car insurance fast
- Stella offers more generous cover than most for baby gear, with up to $2,000 of cover for child seats, prams and strollers.
- You might find cheaper premiums with this brand (after all, men are statistically more likely to be involved in an accident). Also, a portion of your premiums will go towards the support of female-led businesses.
- It's underwritten by QBE Insurance, so its policies are quite similar to the insurer.
Review by our car insurance senior writer James Martin
Stella car insurance provides one comprehensive car insurance policy. This includes cover for the following:
- Theft and accident damage. Your car is protected from theft, attempted theft, collision, malicious damage, fire and natural events including hail, storms, floods and bushfires.
- New car replacement. Yes - If your car is written off in the first 3 years or is under 60,000 km on the clock, then Stella will replace it with a new car of the same make and model if you're the first registered owner of the car.
- No claim reward. For every year that you don't make a claim, Stella will give you $100 off your basic excess for up to three years. This also includes if you only make a not-at-fault claim.
- Baby gear. Stella gives you up to $2,000 for baby gear, including prams, strollers and other essential baby items, if they're damaged or stolen from your car.
- Personal items. You also get $1,000 for loss or damage to your personal belongings.
- Domestic cover. Stella provides cover for any damage to your car that arises from a deliberate act by a current or former spouse or partner.
- Customised cover. Stella allows you to increase your standard excess or adjust the agreed value of your vehicle so that you can pay a premium that works for you.
- $30,000,000 third party liability. You'll get liability cover for up to $30,000,000 if your car causes damage to other peoples' property.
- Hire car after a not-at-fault accident. If you are involved in an accident that wasn't your fault and your car needs to be repaired, Stella will cover the costs of a hire car.
- Additional benefits. Stella comprehensive car insurance also provides cover for child safety seats, emergency accommodation, transport costs, towing, windscreen repairs, stolen keys and more.
You can also pay a little extra and get the following add-ons.
- Roadside assistance. You can get access to 24-hour, 365-day roadside assistance, from anywhere in Australia.
- 'No-Excess' windscreen. If you want, you can pay a little extra and avoid paying an excess if your car's windscreen, window glass or sunroof is damaged by an insured event and needs to be replaced.
- Hire car – extra. You automatically get a hire car for a not-at-fault accident, but if you want to, you can pay extra and get hire car cover even if you are the at-fault driver.
All policies have general exclusions. Stella car insurance won't cover you for the following:
- Driving without a valid driver's licence or failing to comply with your licence conditions
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs (including medication)
- If you are unwilling to take part in a test for alcohol and/or a drug (including medication)
- Driving against medical advice
- If the driver of your car at the time of the incident was someone who stole your car or
- If the driver of your car at the time of the incident was excluded on your certificate of insurance
For a full list of exclusions, consult the product disclosure statement (PDS).
Stella's claims specialists are available 24/7. If you need to make a claim, you'll need the following information:
- Your policy number (on your certificate of insurance)
- Information on what happened
- Information from other people involved
For urgent assistance or to speak to a claims team member, call 1300 633 811. You can have your claim processed over the phone or log in to Stella Hub, select the policy you want to make a claim on and click "make a claim". Once you've completed the online claim form, click "submit". A claims team member will be in touch with you within 48 hours.