Stella car insurance
Stella provides comprehensive car insurance tailored to women.
Stella car insurance provides comprehensive car insurance for women. Women are statistically safer drivers, which means that Stella is generally able to offer more-affordable car insurance policies to its female-only customers.
Finder's 3 favourite features
Ready to compare Stella car insurance policies?
What cover options are available?
Stella car insurance provides one comprehensive car insurance policy. This includes cover for the following:
- Theft and accident damage. Your car is protected from theft, attempted theft, collision, malicious damage, fire and natural events including hail, storms, floods and bushfires.
- New car replacement. If you're the first registered owner of your car and it's written off within its first three years with less than 60,000km on the clock, Stella will replace it with a new car of the same make and model.
- No claim reward. For every year that you don't make a claim, Stella will give you $100 off your basic excess for up to three years. This also includes if you only make a not-at-fault claim.
- Baby gear. Stella gives you up to $2,000 for baby gear, including prams, strollers and other essential baby items, if they're damaged or stolen from your car.
- Personal items. You also get $1,000 for loss or damage to your personal belongings.
- Domestic cover. Stella provides cover for any damage to your car that arises from a deliberate act by a current or former spouse or partner.
- Customised cover. Stella allows you to increase your standard excess or adjust the agreed value of your vehicle so that you can pay a premium that works for you.
- $30m third party liability. You'll get liability cover for up to $30 million if your car causes damage to other peoples' property.
- Hire car after a not-at-fault accident. If you are involved in an accident that wasn't your fault and your car needs to be repaired, Stella will cover the costs of a hire car.
- Additional benefits. Stella comprehensive car insurance also provides cover for child safety seats, emergency accommodation, transport costs, towing, windscreen repairs, stolen keys and more.
What optional extras are available?
You can also pay a little extra and get the following add-ons.
- Roadside assistance. You can get access to 24-hour, 365-day roadside assistance, from anywhere in Australia.
- 'No-Excess' windscreen. If you want, you can pay a little extra and avoid paying an excess if your car's windscreen, window glass or sunroof is damaged by an insured event and needs to be replaced.
- Hire car – extra. You automatically get a hire car for a not-at-fault accident, but if you want to, you can pay extra and get hire car cover even if you are the at-fault driver.
General exclusions to be aware of
All policies have general exclusions. Stella car insurance won't cover you for the following:
- Driving without a valid driver's licence or failing to comply with your licence conditions
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs (including medication)
- If you are unwilling to take part in a test for alcohol and/or a drug (including medication)
- Driving against medical advice
- If the driver of your car at the time of the incident was someone who stole your car or
- If the driver of your car at the time of the incident was excluded on your certificate of insurance
For a full list of exclusions, consult the product disclosure statement (PDS).
How to make a claim
Stella's claims specialists are available 24/7. If you need to make a claim, you'll need the following information:
- Your policy number (on your certificate of insurance)
- Information on what happened
- Information from other people involved
For urgent assistance or to speak to a claims team member, call 1300 133 723. You can have your claim processed over the phone or log in to Stella Hub, select the policy you want to make a claim on and click "make a claim". Once you've completed the online claim form, click "submit". A claims team member will be in touch with you within 48 hours.
Ask an Expert