Compare the low rates and instalment plans that come with ING's credit cards.
While ING is known for its home loan and saving accounts offers, the provider also offers two products on the Australia credit card market. The ING Orange One and Orange One Platinum credit cards are available to existing ING customers and those who open an account during the application process.
Types of ING credit cards
ING currently offers two credit cards: the Orange One credit card and the Orange One Platinum credit card. The Orange One credit card is a low rate and low fee product designed to suit cardholders who want to keep their card costs low. The Orange One Platinum credit card is a higher tier product that offers competitive purchase rates, a foreign transaction fee rebate, complimentary insurance and cashback rewards at the cost of a higher annual fee. You can compare both of the offers in further detail below:
Orange One credit card
The ING Orange One credit card is a no annual fee card that can help you cut costs on standard credit card rates. The card has a low purchase and cash advance rate of 11.99% p.a., but also offers a 9.99% p.a. instalment plan for large purchases. Plus, if you pay your balance in full before the end of the statement period, you can also take advantage of up to 45 interest-free days on purchases.
Orange One Platinum credit card
ING also offers a platinum version of the Orange One credit card. To receive an Orange One Platinum, you'll need to be approved for a credit limit of at least $6,000. The Platinum version of the card offers complimentary travel insurance and a cashback offer of 1% on your spend (up to $30 a month).
Benefits of an ING credit card
- No annual fee. If you opt for the Orange One credit card, you won't have to pay an annual fee for the life of the card.
- Low variable interest rates. Both of the ING credit cards boast relatively competitive low variable interest rates on both purchases and cash advances.
- Digital wallets. You can use your Orange One credit card to make contactless payments with your Apple device or Android device thanks to Apple Pay and Google Pay, respectively.
- Cashback. Platinum cardholders can enjoy 1% cashback (up to $30 a month) on their spend per statement period.
- Instalment plans. If you need to make a big ticket purchase, you can take advantage of an instalment plan to pay off a specific purchase with a lower variable purchase rate.
- Visa exclusives. As a Visa cardholder, you’ll also enjoy benefits such as Visa Entertainment, which offers access to exclusive perks including competitions, presale concert ticket access, entertainment discounts and more.
- Security. You can shop with peace of mind thanks to Visa security measures such as Shop Safe Online, Verified by Visa and Security Sense.
When can I apply for an ING credit card?
You can apply for either the ING Orange One or ING Orange One Platinum credit card online. However, you'll need to meet eligibility requirements (including income, residential and credit score criteria) to receive approval. You can check out the individual reviews of these cards for the specific information regarding the eligibility requirements and the documents you'll need to provide to apply.