Bank of Melbourne offers competitive credit card features with up to 24 months on balance transfers, 0% on purchases, no annual fees, rewards and platinum benefits.
As well as offering credit cards for everyday spending, Bankwest provides business and corporate credit card options to help you manage your work finances. Use this guide to compare Bank of Melbourne credit cards and learn how you can apply for a Bank of Melbourne credit card from anywhere in Australia.
0% p.a. for 24 months on balance transfers
with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee
Offer ends 18 April 2018
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
Bank of Melbourne Credit Card Offer
Bank of Melbourne offers a low rate balance transfer offer, a low ongoing purchase rate and complimentary insurance covers.
- $99 p.a. annual fee.
- 12.74% p.a. on purchases
- 0.00% p.a. for 24 months with 1% BT fee on balance transfers
- Cash advance rate of 21.49% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free
Comparison of Bank of Melbourne Credit Cards
Types of credit cards from Bank of Melbourne
Bank of Melbourne offers credit cards that cater to different lifestyles, budgets and spending habits. If you're interested in saving on credit card costs, you could consider the range of Bank of Melbourne low rate and no annual fee credit cards. Have deeper pockets or want more credit card benefits? Then maybe the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Rewards or Amplify Qantas cards will suit your needs. Plus, if you run a business, you could enjoy the convenience of a credit card for you and your employees with either the Bank of Melbourne Business Amplify or Bank of Melbourne Corporate Card.
Low rate credit cards
Bank of Melbourne offers both a standard and a platinum version of it's low rate Vertigo Visa credit card. While both options offer a low variable interest rate for purchases, the Vertigo Platinum also comes with complimentary insurance covers, which can save you money and give you peace of mind.
No annual fee credit cards
The Bank of Melbourne No Annual Fee Credit Card is designed to give you the flexibility of a credit card without having to worry about paying a yearly fee for it. While no annual fee credit cards have a higher purchase rate than a low rate credit card, you still get interest-free days if you pay your statement in full each month. Keep an eye out for purchase rate promotions on a no annual fee credit card, this gives you access to both product types — no annual fee and low or interest free purchases, even if it is only for a limited period.
Compare no annual fee credit cards here
Rewards credit cards
Apply for a Bank of Melbourne Amplify credit card and be rewarded with Amplify Points per $1 spent, which you can redeem for a range of rewards including travel bookings, gift cards or frequent flyer points with Velocity, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer or Malaysia Airlines Enrich. If you'd prefer to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points with a Bank of Melbourne credit card, you can also opt-in to the Qantas Amplify program instead. Compare rewards credit cards by their annual fee, the earn rate and value-adding extras such as insurance.
Compere rewards credit cards here
The benefits of banking with Bank of Melbourne
Bank of Melbourne credit cards and services come with additional features that can make banking easier. Benefits include:
Westpac Group ATM access
You can use your Bank of Melbourne credit card for free at one of the hundreds of Bank of Melbourne ATMs throughout Victoria. Along with St.George and BankSA, Bank of Melbourne operates under the Westpac Group. If you’re away from home, you can still use St.George and BankSA ATMs free of charge as well — you don’t have to stay in Victoria to benefit from banking with the Bank of Melbourne.
Manage your account online
Register your Bank of Melbourne credit card for online banking so you can repay your account, make payments to accounts in Australia and overseas and view statements anywhere, anytime. As nice and friendly as the team at Bank of Melbourne are, there’s no need to go to a branch to handle most banking services. Internet banking lets you do everything from your smartphone, tablet or desktop device.
The Birthday Bonus is a fun feature of the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature Visa Card. Get 10% of the total number of the points you’ve earned in the year as a bonus when it’s your birthday. This is Bank of Melbourne's way of saying 'Happy Birthday!'
Spend and be rewarded with Amplify points or opt for the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program instead. Upgrade to platinum and receive complimentary insurance covers and double points on international purchases, or get the highest earn rate uncapped with the Amplify Signature Card. This card also comes with a birthday bonus and two free airport lounge passes each year.
If you're approved for any Bank of Melbourne credit card before 18 April 2018, you can enjoy 0% p.a. on any balance transfers made at the time of application.
Visa purchase power
Visa is one of the most widely recognised credit card logos in the world, making it easy to purchase in person, online, over the phone and overseas.
How to compare Bank of Melbourne credit cards
Before applying for a Bank of Melbourne credit card, you’ll need to ask yourself the following questions:
- What are the interest rates? It is not unusual for the interest rate on a cash advance to be slightly higher than the purchase rate, but it should be competitive to what other banks are offering.
- How much is the cash advance fee? With the Bank of Melbourne, and all banks in the Westpac group, you are not charged a fee when using an ATM in their network. Fees can incur if you use a different bank’s ATM or if you make withdrawals overseas using your Visa credit card.
- What is the rewards program like? Make sure that the rewards program compliments your existing spending patterns. If you don’t fly with Qantas or shop with any of Bank of Melbourne’s partners, then you’ll find it difficult to earn enough rewards to offset the costs of the card.
- What is the annual fee? If the value of the rewards you earn doesn’t counteract the annual fee, then you’re not using the card to its full potential.
How to apply for a Bank of Melbourne credit card
The online application should only take ten to fifteen minutes to complete and you will have a response from the Bank of Melbourne within a couple of minutes. You will need to provide information about the following to complete an online application for a Bank of Melbourne credit card.
- Personal information. You need to verify your identity if you want to apply for a Bank of Melbourne credit card. This can be done using your driver’s licence number. Your current address, contact details and date of birth also need to be entered to complete the application.
- Financial information. Bank of Melbourne need to know about your income and your expenses. This includes information about your ongoing expenses like food, budget and rent, and any money you receive from income-generating assets, like shares or an investment property.
- Other accounts. If you want to take advantage of a balance transfer offer from the Bank of Melbourne so you can save money on interest repayments. You will need to provide the account number, the amount you want to transfer and the name of the institution of the card you want to transfer from.
The Bank of Melbourne gives you flexibility in your credit card choices, both in the types offered and where you can use them. When making your comparisons, consider the benefit of combining one of Australia’s largest banking networks with that of a Visa credit card. To ensure you find the right fit for you, you'll need to compare a few options before making a decision.
Frequently asked questions
Have a look at the frequently asked questions if you have a query about Bank of Melbourne credit cards. If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, ask us a question using the form at the bottom of the page.