Compare Bank of Melbourne credit card features and offers, including up to 24 months on balance transfers, 0% on purchases, no annual fees, rewards and platinum benefits.
As well as offering credit cards for everyday spending, Bank of Melbourne provides business and corporate credit card options to help you manage your work finances. Use this guide to compare Bank of Melbourne credit cards and learn how you can apply for a Bank of Melbourne credit card from anywhere in Australia.
0% p.a. for 18 months on balance transfers
with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee
Offer ends 26 September 2018
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
Bank of Melbourne Credit Card Offer
A low rate credit card with complimentary insurance covers, combined with a long-term balance transfer offer and a competitive annual fee.
- $55 p.a. annual fee.
- 13.74% p.a. on purchases
- 0% p.a. for 18 months with 1% BT fee on balance transfers
- Cash advance rate of 19.49% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free
Comparison of Bank of Melbourne Credit Cards
Types of credit cards from Bank of Melbourne
Bank of Melbourne offers credit cards that cater to different lifestyles, budgets and spending habits. If you're interested in saving on credit card costs, you could consider the range of Bank of Melbourne low rate and no annual fee credit cards. Have deeper pockets or want more credit card benefits? Then maybe the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Rewards or Amplify Qantas cards will suit your needs. Plus, if you run a business, you could enjoy the convenience of a credit card for you and your employees with either the Bank of Melbourne Business Amplify or Bank of Melbourne Corporate Card.
Low rate credit cards
Bank of Melbourne offers both a standard and a platinum version of its low rate Vertigo Visa credit card. While both options offer a low variable interest rate for purchases, the Vertigo Platinum also comes with complimentary insurance covers, which can save you money and give you peace of mind.
No annual fee credit cards
The Bank of Melbourne No Annual Fee Credit Card is designed to give you the flexibility of a credit card without having to worry about paying a yearly fee for it. While no annual fee credit cards have a higher purchase rate than a low rate credit card, you still get interest-free days if you pay your statement in full each month.
Compare no annual fee credit cards here
Rewards credit cards
With a Bank of Melbourne Amplify credit card, you'll earn Amplify Points per $1 spent. Your points can then be redeemed for a range of rewards including travel bookings, gift cards or frequent flyer points with Velocity, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer or Malaysia Airlines Enrich. If you'd prefer to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points with a Bank of Melbourne credit card, you could opt-in to the Qantas Amplify program instead. Compare rewards credit cards by their annual fee, the earn rate and value-adding extras such as insurance so you can find one that works for you.
Compere rewards credit cards here
The benefits of banking with Bank of Melbourne
Here are some of the features and services you can look forward to with a Bank of Melbourne credit card:
Westpac Group ATM access
You can use your Bank of Melbourne credit card for free at one of the hundreds of Bank of Melbourne ATMs throughout Victoria. Along with St.George and BankSA, Bank of Melbourne operates under the Westpac Group. If you’re away from home, you can still use St.George and BankSA ATMs free of charge as well — you don’t have to stay in Victoria to benefit from banking with the Bank of Melbourne.
Manage your account online
Register your Bank of Melbourne credit card for online banking so you can repay your account, make payments to accounts in Australia and overseas and view statements anywhere, anytime. As nice and friendly as the team at Bank of Melbourne are, there’s no need to go to a branch to handle most banking services. Internet banking lets you do everything from your smartphone, tablet or desktop device.
The Birthday Bonus is a feature of the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature Visa Card and gives you an additional 10% of the points you’ve earned per $1 spent within the previous 12 months. Note that this bonus does not factor in any other bonus points you may have earned in that time.
Rewards program options – Amplify Rewards or Amplify Qantas
Spend and be rewarded with Amplify Points or opt to earn Qantas Points instead when you get a Bank of Melbourne Amplify credit card. If you get an Amplify Platinum or Signature card, you can also enjoy complimentary travel insurance, higher point earn rates and other premium perks.
Visa purchase power
Visa is one of the most widely recognised credit card logos in the world, making it easy to purchase in person, online, over the phone and overseas.
How to compare Bank of Melbourne credit cards
Before applying for a Bank of Melbourne credit card, you’ll need to ask yourself the following questions:
- What are the interest rates? It is not unusual for the interest rate on a cash advance to be slightly higher than the purchase rate, but it should be competitive to what other banks are offering.
- How much is the cash advance fee? With the Bank of Melbourne, and all banks in the Westpac group, you are not charged a fee when using an ATM in their network. Fees can incur if you use a different bank’s ATM or if you make withdrawals overseas using your Visa credit card.
- What is the rewards program like? Make sure that the rewards program compliments your existing spending patterns. If you don’t fly with Qantas or shop with any of Bank of Melbourne’s partners, then you’ll find it difficult to earn enough rewards to offset the costs of the card.
- What is the annual fee? If the value of the rewards you earn doesn’t counteract the annual fee, then you’re not using the card to its full potential.
How to apply for a Bank of Melbourne credit card
You can apply for a Bank of Melbourne credit card online in around 10 minutes and should get a response within moments of submitting your completed application. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the relevant documents and details on hand.
- Are you over 18 years old? You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a credit card.
- What is your Australian residency status? You must be an Australian permanent resident or citizen to apply for a Bank of Melbourne credit card. Further conditions may apply if you want to get a credit card as a permanent resident.
Documents and details
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number. You'll also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, Medicare card, passport or Australian birth certificate.
- Employment information. You'll need to provide details of your current employment circumstances, such as your role, salary and your employer's name and contact details.
- Other financial information. This includes any other form of income you receive, as well as assets such as savings or investments. You'll also need to provide details of any debts or existing credit card accounts, as well as ongoing expenses such as rent, bills and groceries.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to take advantage of a balance transfer offer on a Bank of Melbourne credit card, you will need to provide details of the existing debt, including the account number, the financial institution and the amount you want to transfer.
Bank of Melbourne offers you a choice of credit cards to suit many different goals. You can compare the features and costs of these cards with for a range of other options to help you find one that works for you.
Frequently asked questions
If you want to know more about Bank of Melbourne credit cards, check out these answers to frequently asked questions. If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, get in touch with us using the form at the bottom of the page.