Bank of Melbourne Credit Cards
Compare Bank of Melbourne credit card features and offers, including up to 22 months on balance transfers, 0% on purchases, no annual fees, rewards and platinum benefits.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
As well as offering credit cards for everyday spending, Bank of Melbourne provides business and corporate credit card options to help you manage your work finances. Use this guide to compare Bank of Melbourne credit cards and learn how you can apply for a Bank of Melbourne credit card from anywhere in Australia.
Receive 60,000 bonus
0% p.a. on balance transfers for 15 months
Offer ends 28 September 2021
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
Bank of Melbourne Credit Card Offer
A rewards card offering 60,000 bonus Qantas Points and platinum benefits including complimentary purchase and travel insurances.
- 60,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $3,000 within the first 90 days
- Balance transfer rate of 0% for the first 15 months (with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee)
- 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases, uncapped
- Purchase rate of 19.74% p.a. and cash advance rate of 21.49% p.a.
Comparison of Bank of Melbourne Credit Cards
Types of credit cards from Bank of Melbourne
Bank of Melbourne offers credit cards that cater to different lifestyles, budgets and spending habits. If you're interested in saving on credit card costs, you could consider the range of Bank of Melbourne low rate and no annual fee credit cards. Have deeper pockets or want more credit card benefits? Then maybe the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Rewards or Amplify Qantas cards will suit your needs. Plus, if you run a business, you could enjoy the convenience of a credit card for you and your employees with either the Bank of Melbourne Business Amplify or Bank of Melbourne Corporate Card.
Low rate credit cards
Bank of Melbourne offers both a standard and a platinum version of its Vertigo Visa's low rate credit card. While both options offer a low variable interest rate for purchases, the Vertigo Platinum also comes with complimentary insurance covers, which can save you money and give you peace of mind.
No annual fee credit cards
The Bank of Melbourne No Annual Fee Credit Card is designed to give you the flexibility of a credit card without having to worry about paying a yearly fee for it. While no annual fee credit cards have a higher purchase rate than a low rate credit card, you still get interest-free days on purchases if you pay your monthly payment balance as listed on your statement by the due date.
Rewards credit cards
With a Bank of Melbourne Amplify credit card, you'll earn Amplify Points per $1 spent. Your points can then be redeemed for a range of rewards including travel bookings, gift cards or frequent flyer points with Velocity, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer or Malaysia Airlines Enrich. If you'd prefer to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points with a Bank of Melbourne credit card, you could opt-in to the Qantas Amplify program instead. Compare rewards credit cards by their annual fee, the earn rate and value-adding extras such as insurance so you can find one that works for you.
The benefits of banking with Bank of Melbourne
Here are some of the features and services you can look forward to with a Bank of Melbourne credit card:
Westpac Group ATM access
You can use your Bank of Melbourne credit card for free at one of the hundreds of Bank of Melbourne ATMs throughout Victoria. Along with St.George and BankSA, Bank of Melbourne operates under the Westpac Group. If you’re away from home, you can still use St.George and BankSA ATMs free of charge as well — you don’t have to stay in Victoria to benefit from banking with the Bank of Melbourne.
Mobile payment and banking options
Register your Bank of Melbourne credit card for online banking so you can repay your account, make payments to accounts in Australia and overseas and view statements anywhere, anytime. This also means you can make contactless payments using an eligible device when you link your Bank of Melbourne credit card to Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay.
The Birthday Bonus is a feature of the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature Visa Card and gives you an additional 10% of the points you’ve earned per $1 spent within the previous 12 months. Note that this bonus does not factor in any other bonus points you may have earned in that time.
Rewards program options – Amplify Rewards or Amplify Qantas
Spend and be rewarded with Amplify Points or opt to earn Qantas Points instead when you get a Bank of Melbourne Amplify credit card. If you get an Amplify Platinum or Signature card, you can also enjoy complimentary travel insurance, higher point earn rates and other premium perks.
Visa purchase power
Visa is one of the most widely recognised credit card logos in the world, making it easy to purchase in person, online, over the phone and overseas.
How to compare Bank of Melbourne credit cards
Before applying for a Bank of Melbourne credit card, you’ll need to ask yourself the following questions:
- What are the interest rates? It is not unusual for the interest rate on a cash advance to be slightly higher than the purchase rate, but it should be competitive to what other banks are offering.
- How much is the cash advance fee? With the Bank of Melbourne, and all banks in the Westpac group, you are not charged a fee when using an ATM in their network. Fees can incur if you use a different bank’s ATM or if you make withdrawals overseas using your Visa credit card.
- What is the rewards program like? Make sure that the rewards program compliments your existing spending patterns. If you don’t fly with Qantas or shop with any of Bank of Melbourne’s partners, then you’ll find it difficult to earn enough rewards to offset the costs of the card.
- What is the annual fee? If the value of the rewards you earn doesn’t counteract the annual fee, then you’re not using the card to its full potential.
How to apply for a Bank of Melbourne credit card
You can apply for a Bank of Melbourne credit card online in around 10 minutes and should get a response within moments of submitting your completed application. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the relevant documents and details on hand.
- Are you over 18 years old? You must be at least 18 years of age.
- What is your Australian residency status? You must be an Australian permanent resident or citizen. Further conditions may apply if you want to get a credit card as a permanent resident.
Documents and details
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number. You'll also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, Medicare card, passport or Australian birth certificate.
- Employment information. You'll need to provide details of your current employment circumstances, such as your role, salary and your employer's name and contact details.
- Other financial information. This includes any other form of income you receive, as well as assets such as savings or investments. You'll also need to provide details of any debts or existing credit card accounts, as well as ongoing expenses such as rent, bills and groceries.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to take advantage of a balance transfer offer on a Bank of Melbourne credit card, you will need to provide details of the existing debt, including the account number, the financial institution and the amount you want to transfer.
Bank of Melbourne offers you a choice of credit cards to suit many different goals. You can compare the features and costs of these cards with for a range of other options to help you find one that works for you.
Frequently asked questions
If you want to know more about Bank of Melbourne credit cards, check out these answers to frequently asked questions. If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, get in touch with us using the form at the bottom of the page.
Read more on this topic
Bank of Melbourne Vertigo Platinum – Cashback Offer
A low rate platinum credit card that includes a cashback offer and perks such as complimentary travel insurance and purchase insurance.
Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum
Enjoy 0% p.a. balance transfer rate offers – plus points per $1 on new purchases.
Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature – Qantas
The Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature - Qantas offers a competitive bonus points offer, high earn rate and travel perks.
Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum – Qantas
The Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum offers bonus Qantas Points, points as you spend and travel perks including complimentary travel and purchase insurance.
Bank of Melbourne credit card complimentary travel insurance – Full guide
Find out how you can start enjoying the perks of holding a Bank of Melbourne credit card with complimentary insurance covers.
Bank of Melbourne Amplify Business Credit Card
Reward your spending with Qantas or Amplify Points, save with a $0 first year annual fee and take advantage of complimentary business insurances.
Bank of Melbourne Vertigo Platinum
A low rate platinum credit card that includes a balance transfer offer and perks such as complimentary travel insurance and purchase insurance.
Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature Credit Card
Get a competitive reward points earn rate, up to 200,000 bonus points, a 0% balance transfer offer and complimentary lounge passes.
Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum Credit Card
Earn Amplify Rewards Points, take advantage of complimentary travel features and save with a short-term balance transfer offer with the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum credit card.
Bank of Melbourne BusinessVantage Visa Credit Card
The Bank of Melbourne BusinessVantage offers a low variable purchase rate, up to 9 additional cards and detailed statements to help keep track of spending.
Ask an Expert