Australian Military Bank Credit Cards
Find out about the low-cost credit card options you can get with Australian Military Bank.
Updated . What changed?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Comparison of Australian Military Bank Credit Cards
Types of Australian Military Bank credit cards
Low rate credit card
The Australian Military Bank Low Rate Visa has an 11.99% p.a. variable interest rate that is competitive with other low rate cards. If you have an existing Australian Military Bank home loan, you could also be eligible for a promotional interest rate of 9.99% p.a. for purchases. This card also has a 0% p.a. balance transfer offer and an annual fee of $49.
The benefits of banking with Australian Military Bank
Some of the benefits you can get with an Australian Military Bank credit card include:
Balance transfer offer
If you want to pay off existing credit card debt, the Australian Military Bank Low Rate Visa offers 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 12 months. At the end of this period the outstanding balance attracts the card’s purchase rate. In comparison, some other cards revert to a higher cash advance rate.
You can use the Australian Military Bank Low Rate credit card to pay in person, online or over the phone with businesses all around the world, anywhere Visa cards are accepted. You also get added protection online through Visa Secure and contactless payments at the checkout, with no need to enter a PIN when you spend less than $100. Plus, access to exclusive deals for shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks (on the Visa website).
Australian Military Bank offers Internet banking and a mobile app so you can keep track of your accounts whenever you want. You can also visit one of the bank's branches or call 1300 13 23 28 between 8am-6pm (AEST) on weekdays or 9am-12pm Saturdays.
If you want to get an additional card for a family member, you can do so without paying an additional cardholder fee.
How to apply for an Australian Military Bank credit card
You can apply for an Australian Military Bank credit card online by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. You can also apply over the phone by calling 1300 13 23 28, or visit a branch to fill in an application. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to complete the application.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.
- Income. You must be currently employed or have a regular income.
- Credit history. You can apply for an Australian Military Bank credit card as long as you have not declared bankruptcy or insolvency – or defaulted on any loans, credit cards, interest free finance or store cards – in the last five years.
Documents and details
- Personal information. This includes your full name, residential address, phone number, date of birth, email address and marital status. You also need to provide ID in the form of your driver’s licence number, Australian Passport or Medicare card number.
- Employment details. As well as your regular income, you need to include details of your occupation, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You also need to provide your most recent payslip to help verify these details.
- Financial information. This covers any other sources of income, as well as savings, other assets and existing debts, loans or other liabilities. You also need to estimate your share of regular household expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, bills and grocery spending.
If your application is approved, you'll automatically become a member of Australian Military Bank when the account is opened (if you're not already a member). If you have any questions about the application, you can call the bank on 1300 13 23 28 or email email@example.com.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Australian Military Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card
The Australian Military Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card offers a 0% promotional balance transfer rate for 12 months, a low annual fee and a low variable interest rate on purchases.
Ask an Expert