Australian Military Bank is a member-owned bank with a focus on the defence force community. But anyone can become a member. It has one credit card with a low interest rate, low annual fee and balance transfer offer.
Australian Military Bank Credit Cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from Australian Military Bank
Low rate credit card
The Australian Military Bank Low Rate Visa has variable interest rate of 11.99% p.a. that is competitive with other low rate cards. This card also has a 0% p.a. balance transfer offer and an annual fee of $49.
Benefits of getting a credit card with Australian Military Bank
You can use an Australian Military Bank credit card anywhere Visa is accepted. This includes contactless payments in stores, as well as online shopping or phone transactions. You'll also get access to exclusive deals for shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks (on the Visa website).
You can add Australian Military Bank Visa debit and credit cards to any of the following wallets to make payments straight from your mobile phone or device:
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Samsung Pay
- Fitbit Pay
- Garmin Pay
Australian Military Bank security features include a fraud protection service, 24-hour lost card hotline and added protection online through Visa Secure.
Australian Military Bank offers Internet banking and a mobile app so you can keep track of your accounts whenever you want. You can also visit one of the bank's branches or call 1300 13 23 28 between 8am-6pm (AEST) on weekdays or 9am-12pm Saturdays.
If you want to get an additional card for a family member, you can do so without paying an additional cardholder fee.
How to apply
You can apply for an Australian Military Bank credit card online by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. You can also apply over the phone by calling 1300 13 23 28, or visit a branch to fill in an application. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to complete the application.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.
- Income. You must be currently employed or have a regular income.
- Credit history. You can apply for an Australian Military Bank credit card as long as you have not declared bankruptcy or insolvency – or defaulted on any loans, credit cards, interest free finance or store cards – in the last five years.
Documents and details
- Personal information. This includes your full name, residential address, phone number, date of birth, email address and marital status. You also need to provide ID in the form of your driver’s licence number, Australian Passport or Medicare card number.
- Employment details. As well as your regular income, you need to include details of your occupation, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You also need to provide your most recent payslip to help verify these details.
- Financial information. This covers any other sources of income, as well as savings, other assets and existing debts, loans or other liabilities. You also need to estimate your share of regular household expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, bills and grocery spending.
If your application is approved, you'll automatically become a member of Australian Military Bank when the account is opened (if you're not already a member). If you have any questions about the application, you can call the bank on 1300 13 23 28 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit card brands similar to Australian Military Bank
If you want a credit card from a member-owned bank or one that's focused on people working in government or law enforcement, here are 3 other credit card providers you could compare with Australian Military Bank:
Frequently asked questions
Contact details and related links
- Contact number: 1300 13 23 28
8am-6pm Mon-Fri, 9am-12pm Sat
- Australian Military Bank home loans
- Australian Military Bank savings and bank accounts
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
More guides on Finder
Australian Military Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card
The Australian Military Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card offers a 0% promotional balance transfer rate for 12 months, a low annual fee and a low variable interest rate on purchases.
Ask an Expert