We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Police Bank offers one Visa credit card with low-cost features and contactless payments – including through Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. If you're a member of Police Bank or are thinking of becoming one, you can use this guide to learn more about the Police Bank Visa credit card, as well as features of banking with this member-owned financial institution.
Compare Police Bank credit card features
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from Police Bank
Low rate credit cards
The Police Bank Visa credit card offers an interest rate of 10.76% p.a., which is competitive with other low rate credit cards. It also offers a $0 annual fee in the first year, which then reverts to $30 in subsequent years.
Benefits of banking with Police Bank
Some of the key features and benefits you can get with a Police Bank credit card include:
Contactless and mobile payments
You can link your Police Bank Visa credit card with Google Pay, Samsung Pay or Apple Pay to make payments straight from your mobile phone or device. If you don't use a mobile wallet, you can also use the card to tap-and-pay at the checkout.
You can manage your Police Bank credit card at any time from anywhere in the world through Internet banking or the Police Bank mobile app. From either platform you can veiw account balance, recent transactions, make payments and make use of additional services such as requesting a credit limit increase or decrease.
Visa credit card benefits
The Police Bank credit card can be used for purchases in stores, online or over the phone wherever Visa is accepted. When you shop online, you'll get an added layer of protection through the Visa Secure verification service, plus peace of mind with zero liability for fraudulent transactions. You can also access exclusive shopping, dining, entertainment and travel deals through Visa Offers + Perks, with the latest options listed on the Visa website.
How to apply for a Police Bank credit card
You can apply for a Police Bank Visa credit card in around 10-15 minutes by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. As part of the process, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need for the application.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Income. You must have a regular income and be able to make repayments.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal details. Provide your name, address, contact number, email address, drivers licence number, residential address, mailing address and if you’ve been in your current place of residence for less than 3 years, your previous residential address.
- Employment details. This includes your occupation, your income, your employer's contact details and the date how long you have been working there. If you’ve been employed in your current position for less than three years, you’ll need to enter the same details for your previous employer. You may also need to provide recent payslips or other documents to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, savings and assets such as investment properties or shares. You also need to provide details about existing cards, loans and other liabilities, as well as your share of regular household expenses.
If you have any questions about the application, you can contact Police Bank on 131 728 (Mon-Fri between 8am-5pm).Back to top
Frequently Asked Questions
Image: Police Bank Credit UnionBack to top
More guides on Finder
Police Bank Visa Credit Card
Enjoy a waived annual fee for the first year and low variable interest rates on purchases and cash advances.
Ask an Expert