Police Bank Credit Cards
Find out what it means to be a part owner of your bank
Police Bank are a full service financial institution.
While the list of credit cards from Police Bank may be small, like most mutuals, Police Bank go for quality of quantity. The Police Bank Visa card is the only credit card on offer from Police Bank. You’ll find that this product is a standout low rate credit card. A super low ongoing purchase and cash advance rate of interest, interest free days, worldwide Visa acceptance and a super low annual fee that’s waived in the first year mean there’s a lot to like about this credit card. If a Police Bank credit card and membership to mutual society is something you might be interested in, you can read about and compare Police Bank credit cards, find out the benefits of banking with Police Bank and get answers to frequently asked questions about Police Bank credit cards on this page.
Comparing the Police Bank Credit Card
What are the types of credit cards from Police Bank?
Unlike some better known financial institutions, Police Bank don’t offer frequent flyer or super premium products, Police Bank offer one credit card only. It’s a low rate product that waives the annual fee in the first year you have the card.
Low rate credit cards
Low rate credit cards are suited if you plan on carrying a balance from month to month. Most credit cards offer interest free days on purchases — up to 55 days interest free in the standard number — but this only applies if you pay back what you’ve spent when your statement is issued. If you can’t, the purchase rate of interest applies to card purchases from the day you use the card. This is why a credit card with a low rate of interest is perfect if you need a little time to pay off big-ticket purchases. Like a credit card with no annual fee, a low rate credit card is usually light on value adding features. Look out for extras and perks as well as comparing these cards by their annual fee.
Benefits of banking with Police Bank
Read about the benefits of using a Police Bank credit card and the benefits of banking with Police Bank.
Police Bank Internet Banking lets you manage your Police Bank credit card at any time from anywhere in the world. All you need is an internet connection. View your account balance, recent transactions, make payments and make use of additional services like requesting a credit limit increase.
Visa credit card benefits
Police Bank are partnered with the Visa credit card scheme. When you apply for a Police Bank credit card, you get a Visa card that offers the following:
Make purchases under $100 by touching your Police Bank Visa credit card to a contactless terminal. This lets you complete small purchases without entering your PIN.
Visa Zero Liability
When you make a Visa payWave purchase, when you use your credit card and enter your PIN and when you shop online, you’re protected by the Visa Zero Liability Policy. This policy gives you a full reimbursement if you’re the victim of credit card fraud and your account is compromised. Online transactions are also protected by ‘Verified by Visa’. This is an extra password you must use when you shop online.
Your Police Bank Visa credit card gives you access to Visa Entertainment. This is a program run for Visa cardholders that provides exclusive offers for a range of experiences and events. For example, Visa Entertainment offers can include advance bookings for concerts and sporting events; special offers on movies, books and CDs; and discounts on home entertainment products.
How to apply for a Police Bank credit card
It’s easy to apply for a Police Bank credit card. There are some basic eligibility criteria you need to meet before you can apply. You can read more about this on our review pages. The application can be completed online and only takes a short time to complete. Click ‘Go to Site’ to open a secure online application for a Police Bank credit card. You will then need to create a username, enter a password and then select the credit limit for your Police Bank Visa credit card.
Have the following information and documents on hand to support your application for a Police Bank credit card.
- Personal details. Provide your name, address, contact number, email address, drivers licence number, residential address, mailing address and if you’ve been in your current place of residence for less than 3 years, your previous residential address. You will also need to provide your Tax File Number (TFN); however, this can be provided after you submit your application for a Police Bank credit card.
- Employment and income. You will need to give Information about your employer including their address and contact information, your occupation, your position, your after tax income and the date you started your contact with your currency employer. If you’ve been employed in your current position for less than three years, you’ll need to enter the same information for your previous employer. Also provide details of rental income from any investments. The address, after tax income and frequency of payment from the asset.
- Assets and savings. Provide details of any savings: the account type, number and total balance. List details about any motor vehicles you own: The make, model and manufacturer. And finally whether you own any property and details about the asset.
- Expenses. Do you have any other loans: information about personal loans, mortgages or any credit cards in your name. You can select whether you want an existing credit card loan to be paid out by the Police Bank credit card through a balance transfer facility. Other expenses like rent payments also need to be included in this part of the application.
What happens next?
After you submit an application for a Police Bank credit card you should get an email about whether you’ve been approved or declined. You may be conditionally approved for the credit card. In this case, you’ll need to provide extra information before you can be fully approved for the credit card. After full approval has been granted, you can expect to get your credit card within a couple of weeks.
You can log into to the Police Bank website to check on the status of your application using the username and password you created when you applied.Back to top
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a look at the frequently asked questions about Police Bank credit cards for an answer to your question. Alternatively, you can contact us using the ask a question form at the bottom of the page and a finder.com.au team member will promptly reply to your enquiry.
Image: Police Bank Credit UnionBack to top
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.