Firefighters Mutual Bank Credit Cards
Firefighters Mutual Bank offers credit cards to people in the fire and other emergency services, with features including low rates and no annual fee.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Firefighters Mutual Bank offers a single, low rate Visa credit card with simple features and mobile payment options. If you’re a member of Firefighters Mutual Bank, or are interested in becoming one, here you’ll find details about its credit card, as well as how to apply.
Comparison of Firefighters Mutual Bank Credit Cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of Firefighters Mutual Bank Credit Cards
Low rate credit cards
The Firefighters Mutual Bank Visa is a low rate credit card that offers a 7.9% p.a. introductory rate for the first 6 months, then a variable rate of 11.5% p.a. that is competitive with other low rate credit cards. This variable rate applies to all transactions, which is different to some other cards that charge higher rates for cash advances and balance transfers (outside of promotional rates).
The benefits of a Firefighters Mutual Bank credit card
Some of the key features you’ll unlock with a Firefighters Mutual Bank credit card include:
You can use the Firefighters Mutual Bank credit card to make payments in person, online and over the phone with any business that accepts Visa cards.
Get protection and support with a 24/7 lost and stolen card hotline, as well as a Visa Zero Liability Policy to cover the cost of fraudulent transactions if your card is compromised.
Keep track of your balance, check your transaction history and manage your account details in a way that suits you, with Internet banking and a mobile app, as well as a 24/7 phone banking line you can call on 1800 800 225.
How to apply for a Firefighters Mutual Bank credit card
This card is available to members of the bank, as well as people who work in the fire service or other emergency services (including volunteers and retired staff). You can also apply if you’re a family member of someone in one of these roles.
The application itself is simple and can be completed in around 15 minutes online, via a secure form on the bank’s website. To get started, make sure you meet the other key eligibility requirements below and have all the documents and details you’ll need on hand.
If you wish to apply online, ensure first that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Firefighters Mutual Bank membership. You’ll be asked for details of your membership status. If you’re new to the bank, you just need to confirm you are eligible to join before continuing with the application. Note that you will need to be a shareholder to join, which costs $10.
To complete the application, prepare to provide the following information:
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address, contact number and marital status. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver’s license or passport (you can provide ID after submitting the application too).
- Employment details. This includes your salary, current job title, length of employment and your employer’s contact details. You may also be asked to provide recent payslips or bank statements to help verify this information.
- Financial details. As well as your salary, you’ll be asked about any other forms of income, savings, investments and existing cards, loans or other debts. You also need to estimate your regular household expenses such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills, transport costs and groceries.
If you have any questions about the application process, or want to check on your application status, call Firefighters Mutual Bank on 1800 800 225.
Frequently asked questions
Want to know more about Firefighters Mutual Bank credit cards? Here you’ll find answers to some of the most common questions. If there’s something else you want to know, you can also get in touch using the form below.
More guides on Finder
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.