Firefighters Mutual Bank Credit Cards
Firefighters Mutual Bank offers credit cards to people in the fire and other emergency services, with features including low rates and no annual fee.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Firefighters Mutual Bank offers a single, low rate Visa credit card with simple features and mobile payment options. If you’re a member of Firefighters Mutual Bank, or are interested in becoming one, here you’ll find details about its credit card, as well as how to apply.
Comparison of Firefighters Mutual Bank Credit Cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of Firefighters Mutual Bank Credit Cards
Low rate credit cards
The Firefighters Mutual Bank Visa is a low rate credit card that offers a 7.9% p.a. introductory rate for the first 6 months, then a variable rate of 11.5% p.a. that is competitive with other low rate credit cards. This variable rate applies to all transactions, which is different to some other cards that charge higher rates for cash advances and balance transfers (outside of promotional rates).
The benefits of a Firefighters Mutual Bank credit card
Some of the key features you’ll unlock with a Firefighters Mutual Bank credit card include:
You can use the Firefighters Mutual Bank credit card to make payments in person, online and over the phone with any business that accepts Visa cards.
Get protection and support with a 24/7 lost and stolen card hotline, as well as a Visa Zero Liability Policy to cover the cost of fraudulent transactions if your card is compromised.
Keep track of your balance, check your transaction history and manage your account details in a way that suits you, with Internet banking and a mobile app, as well as a 24/7 phone banking line you can call on 1800 800 225.
How to apply for a Firefighters Mutual Bank credit card
This card is available to members of the bank, as well as people who work in the fire service or other emergency services (including volunteers and retired staff). You can also apply if you’re a family member of someone in one of these roles.
The application itself is simple and can be completed in around 15 minutes online, via a secure form on the bank’s website. To get started, make sure you meet the other key eligibility requirements below and have all the documents and details you’ll need on hand.
If you wish to apply online, ensure first that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Firefighters Mutual Bank membership. You’ll be asked for details of your membership status. If you’re new to the bank, you just need to confirm you are eligible to join before continuing with the application. Note that you will need to be a shareholder to join, which costs $10.
To complete the application, prepare to provide the following information:
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address, contact number and marital status. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver’s license or passport (you can provide ID after submitting the application too).
- Employment details. This includes your salary, current job title, length of employment and your employer’s contact details. You may also be asked to provide recent payslips or bank statements to help verify this information.
- Financial details. As well as your salary, you’ll be asked about any other forms of income, savings, investments and existing cards, loans or other debts. You also need to estimate your regular household expenses such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills, transport costs and groceries.
If you have any questions about the application process, or want to check on your application status, call Firefighters Mutual Bank on 1800 800 225.
Frequently asked questions
Want to know more about Firefighters Mutual Bank credit cards? Here you’ll find answers to some of the most common questions. If there’s something else you want to know, you can also get in touch using the form below.
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price plummets as crypto industry’s combined market cap drops by 10% within hours
With the total market cap of the crypto sector dropping by a whopping 10% within the last few hours, it seems as though the coming few days could be highly volatile for ETH.
Back to school laptops: Buying guide
What are the things to watch out for when buying your child's first laptop?
Bitcoin price dips below key level as Russia prepares for a blanket crypto ban
As Russia gets ready to outlaw its local crypto market, BTC could be faced with even greater volatility in the near future.
How to watch UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane online and start time in Australia
Heavyweight stars Fancis Ngannou and Cyril Gane headline UFC 270.
Why has the Rio Tinto share price dropped today?
Shares in Rio Tinto have climbed more than 15% in the last month.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Stanmore Coal (SMR ↑5.2%), Kelly Partners Group Holdings (KPG ↑3.3%)
Here are the 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Friday 21 January 2022.
Beauty Product of the Week: Gisou Honey Infused Leave-In Conditioner
This leave-in conditioner transformed my unwashed mop into silky locks that would make Rapunzel envious.
Samsung confirms Galaxy S22 Ultra will be a Note phone
Samsung's next flagship S22 phone will be, in its own less than subtle phrasing, "noteworthy".
Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
A fun superhero series, an epic sci-fi and a dark teen drama are among our top picks this week.