David Jones Credit Cards
Want to shop in style and earn rewards? Check out the range of David Jones credit cards that offer reward points, in-store perks and a wide range of complimentary extras.
David Jones is a department store known for its fashion, style and prestige, with a history dating back to 1838. As well as selling a range of the finest fashion, cosmetics and homewares, this iconic company has a range of credit cards that offers customers rewards both in-store and elsewhere. Find out how these cards work and compare your options here to decide if a David Jones credit card is right for you.
Comparison of David Jones Credit Cards
Types of credit cards from David Jones
David Jones has two credit cards, each with its own range of features:
Rewards credit card
The David Jones American Express credit card can be used in David Jones as well as anywhere American Express is accepted. It earns up to 3 reward points per $1 spent and lets you choose between Qantas Points or American Express Membership Rewards, with no points cap or expiry. You can also use your card to shop with points online at davidjones.com and get a range of in-store benefits including instant rewards, complimentary gift-wrapping, exclusive shopping nights and interest free payment options.
This card has a competitive annual fee of $99 and a standard purchase rate of 20.74% p.a. (variable). It also gives you the option of adding supplementary cardholders for $0 for the first year, then $29 p.a. thereafter and offers up to 44 days interest-free.
Platinum credit card
The David Jones American Express Platinum card earns up to 4 points per $1 spent with the option of Qantas Points or Membership Rewards, and also has no points cap or expiry. As well as the benefits offered on the classic David Jones American Express card, the Platinum card offers additional complimentary extras including travel insurance, purchase protection insurance and American Express airport lounge access.
With a David Jones American Express Platinum card, you’ll also get complimentary priority delivery for purchases from David Jones online and complimentary alterations on in-store clothing purchases. This card has an annual fee of $295, a standard purchase rate of 20.74% p.a. and provides up to 4 additional cardholders with no extra charge.
The benefits of banking with David Jones
David Jones credit cards give you a wide range of benefits to suit your needs, including:
- American Express Membership Rewards. Choose to earn Membership Rewards with the David Jones American Express or David Jones American Express Platinum cards and you can redeem them for thousands of reward options including gift cards, travel packages and points with up to nine different frequent flyer reward programs.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer rewards. You can choose to have your reward points automatically converted to Qantas Points for both of these cards. Both American Express options offer 0.5 Qantas Points for every reward point earned (or up to 1.5 points per $1 spent).
- Instant rewards. Use any of the David Jones credit cards in-store and take advantage of seasonal instant rewards and offers, such as 25% off fashion brands or 45% off bedding.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Get complimentary international travel insurance by booking your overseas trips with the David Jones American Express Platinum card.
- Airport lounge access. The Platinum card gives you complimentary access to the American Express Lounge at Sydney International Airport, with up to two complimentary visits per year.
- Purchase and buyers protection. With your David Jones American Express Platinum credit card you can get complimentary insurance on new purchases and extended warranties for a range of products.
- Complimentary delivery. Shop online with the Platinum credit card or store card and enjoy complimentary delivery.
- Complimentary in-store benefits. Gift-wrapping, alterations and VIP event invitations are some of the in-store perks you can get with a David Jones credit card.
- Interest-free purchase options. These cards give you access to a range of interest-free purchasing options with David Jones. For example, you could get up to four years no deposit interest free when you spend $500 or more on homewares, furniture, bedding or electrical items. Similarly, the Fashion Pay Later Option means you won't have to pay a cent for three months when you spend $250 or more on your card on any women's or men's apparel, shoes and fashion accessories in store at David Jones.
- Christmas Deferred Payment Option. Delay your payments for purchases made between 1 November and 24 December in store at David Jones until February of the following year when you use a David Jones card.
- Additional cards. Earn more points by getting an additional credit card for your partner or family member. Just remember to check for fees for this service and discuss repayments with the additional cardholder before you apply.
- Fraud protection. The David Jones American Express credit cards come with 24/7 fraud monitoring to protect you against any unauthorised transactions.
How to apply for a David Jones credit card
If you’d like to apply for a David Jones credit card, there are some standard eligibility requirements you’ll have to meet. These may vary between cards, but fall into the following categories:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a David Jones credit card.
- Income. The David Jones American Express credit card has a minimum income requirement of $40,000 and the Platinum card requires you to earn at least $65,000 per annum.
- Residency status. Australian citizens, permanent residents and some temporary residents can apply for either the standard or the Platinum David Jones American Express card. Keep in mind there may be additional requirements for temporary residents.
- Credit rating. You must have a good credit rating to apply for a David Jones credit card.
Required information and documents
If you meet these application requirements, you can follow the steps below to apply for a new David Jones credit card now:
- Compare cards. Make sure you look at a range of reward credit cards before applying for a David Jones credit card to make sure it is the right option for you.
- Apply online. Select the ‘Go to site’ button and you will be taken to a secure application page.
- Read through the terms and conditions. Check the fine print to make sure you understand all of the details and any conditions required for introductory offers
- Fill out the application form. This step will require some personal details including your full name, date of birth, street address, drivers licence number and/or passport number. You will also need to provide supporting documentation, such as copies of your passport and drivers licence to help identify you and complete the application.
- Submit the application. You should get a response from the issuer within a few minutes, either on the webpage or via email. Once you receive conditional approval, follow the instructions from the credit card company to complete the application process and get your credit card.
With reward points, in-store perks and a wide range of other complimentary extras, David Jones credit cards have a lot to offer. Now you know more about these three options, you can compare them to other rewards credit cards and find one that fits all your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Here are answers to some of the most common questions we get about David Jones credit cards. You can also get in touch with us by leaving a question using the form at the bottom of the page.
Are you a regular David Jones Shopper?David Jones credit cards allow you to earn rewards points when you shop online or in-store. If you are a regular David Jones shopper, find yourself the latest offers and coupon deals from David Jones with finder.com.au, and you could save while earning points.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.