Want to shop in style and earn rewards? Check out the range of David Jones credit cards that offer reward points, in-store perks and a wide range of complimentary extras.
David Jones is a department store known for its fashion, style and prestige, with a history dating back to 1838. As well as selling a range of the finest fashion, cosmetics and homewares, this iconic company has a range of credit cards that offers customers rewards both in-store and elsewhere. Find out how these cards work and compare your options here to decide if a David Jones credit card is right for you.
Comparison of David Jones Credit Cards
Types of credit cards from David Jones
David Jones has two credit cards and one storecard, each with its own range of features:
Rewards credit card
The David Jones American Express credit card can be used in David Jones as well as anywhere American Express is accepted. It earns up to three reward points per $1 spent and lets you choose between Qantas Points or American Express Membership Rewards, with no points cap or expiry. You can also use your card to shop with points online at davidjones.com and get a range of in-store benefits including instant rewards, complimentary gift-wrapping, exclusive shopping nights and interest free payment options.
This card has a competitive annual fee of $99 and a standard purchase rate of 20.74% p.a. variable. It also gives you the option of adding supplementary cardholders for $29 per year and offers up to 44 days interest free.
Platinum credit card
The David Jones American Express Platinum card earns up to 4 points per $1 spent with the option of Qantas Points or Membership Rewards, and also has no points cap or expiry. As well as the benefits offered on the classic David Jones American Express card, the Platinum card offers additional complimentary extras including travel insurance, purchase protection insurance and American Express airport lounge access.
With a David Jones American Express Platinum card, you’ll also get complimentary priority delivery for purchases from David Jones online and complimentary alterations on in-store clothing purchases. This card has an annual fee of $295 p.a., a standard purchase rate of 20.74% p.a. and provides up to 4 additional cardholders at no extra charge.
Designed exclusively for spending in the department store, the David Jones Storecard offers David Jones Gift Card Reward per $1 or 0.5 Qantas Points per $1. It also gives you access to a range of in-store benefits, including complimentary gift-wrapping, instant rewards, interest-free payment plans and complimentary standard delivery for online purchases. This card has no annual fee, a standard interest rate of 24.74% p.a. and up to 56 days interest free.
The benefits of banking with David Jones
David Jones credit cards give you a wide range of benefits to suit your needs, including:
- American Express Membership Rewards. Choose to earn Membership Rewards with the David Jones American Express or David Jones American Express Platinum cards and you can redeem them for thousands of reward options including gift cards, travel packages and points with up to nine different frequent flyer reward programs.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer rewards. You can choose to have your reward points automatically converted to Qantas Points for all three of these cards. Both American Express options offer 0.75 Qantas Points for every reward point earned (or up to 3 points per $1 spent), while the storecard gives you 0.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent.
- David Jones Gift Card Rewards. With the David Jones Storecard, you can choose to earn David Jones Gift Card Rewards that can be redeemed at any time. You will earn point per $1 spent, with 13,300 Gift Card Points = $100 David Jones Gift Card.
- Instant rewards. Use any of the David Jones credit cards in store and take advantage of seasonal instant rewards and offers, such as 25% off fashion brands or 45% off bedding.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Get complimentary international travel insurance by booking your overseas trips with the David Jones American Express Platinum card.
- Airport lounge access. The Platinum card gives you complimentary access to the American Express Lounge at Sydney International Airport, with up to two complimentary visits per year.
- Purchase and buyers protection. With your David Jones American Express Platinum credit card you can get complimentary insurance on new purchases and extended warranties for a range of products.
- Complimentary delivery. Shop online with the Platinum credit card or storecard and enjoy complimentary delivery.
- Complimentary in-store benefits. Gift-wrapping, alterations and VIP event invitations are some of the in-store perks you can get with a David Jones credit card.
- Interest-free purchase options. These cards give you access to a range of interest-free purchasing options with David Jones. For example, you could get up to four years no deposit interest free when you spend $500 or more on homewares, furniture, bedding or electrical items. Similarly, the Fashion Pay Later Option means you won't have to pay a cent for three months when you spend $250 or more on your card on any women's or men's apparel, shoes and fashion accessories in store at David Jones.
- Christmas Deferred Payment Option. Delay your payments for purchases made between 1 November and 24 December in store at David Jones until February of the following year when you use a David Jones card.
- Additional cards. Earn more points by getting an additional credit card for your partner or family member. Just remember to check for fees for this service and discuss repayments with the additional cardholder before you apply.
- Fraud protection. The David Jones American Express credit cards come with 24/7 fraud monitoring to protect you against any unauthorised transactions.Back to top
How to apply for a David Jones credit card
If you’d like to apply for a David Jones credit card, there are some standard eligibility requirements you’ll have to meet. These may vary between cards, but fall into the following categories:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a David Jones credit card or storecard.
- Income. The David Jones American Express credit card has a minimum income requirement of $40,000 and the Platinum card requires you to earn at least $65,000 per annum.
- Residency status. Australian citizens, permanent residents and some temporary residents can apply for either the standard or the Platinum David Jones American Express card. Keep in mind there may be additional requirements for temporary residents.
- Credit rating. You must have a good credit rating to apply for a David Jones credit card.
Required information and documents
If you meet these application requirements, you can follow the steps below to apply for a new David Jones credit card now:
- Compare cards. Make sure you look at a range of reward credit cards before applying for a David Jones credit card to make sure it is the right option for you.
- Apply online. Select the ‘Go to site’ button and you will be taken to a secure application page.
- Read through the terms and conditions. Check the fine print to make sure you understand all of the details and any conditions required for introductory offers
- Fill out the application form. This step will require some personal details including your full name, date of birth, street address, drivers licence number and/or passport number. You will also need to provide supporting documentation, such as copies of your passport and drivers licence to help identify you and complete the application.
- Submit the application. You should get a response from the issuer within a few minutes, either on the webpage or via email. Once you receive conditional approval, follow the instructions from the credit card company to complete the application process and get your credit card.
With reward points, in-store perks and a wide range of other complimentary extras, David Jones credit cards have a lot to offer. Now you know more about these three options, you can compare them to other rewards credit cards and find one that fits all your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Here are answers to some of the most common questions we get about David Jones credit cards. You can also get in touch with us by leaving a question using the form at the bottom of the page.
Can I use these cards outside of David Jones?
Both the David Jones American Express card and the David Jones American Express Platinum card can be used anywhere American Express is accepted. The storecard, on the other hand, can only be used for purchases at David Jones.
I already have an AMEX Platinum card. If I apply for the David Jones American Express card, will I still get the 30,000 bonus points?
Yes, you’re still eligible for a bonus points offer if you are approved for the card and meet the purchase requirements.
How do I view my balance or make a payment on my David Jones American Express card account?
You can manage your account balance online via the David Jones American Express Card Services centre. You can also pay in person by cash, EFTPOS or cheque at any of the following:
- David Jones Stores
- Australia Post Offices
- Pay by BPAY, online or over the phone (you will need to enter the Biller Code: 88013, and your 15 digit Account Number)
- Direct Debit from your nominated bank account
How many points will I earn for different purchases I make on a David Jones American Express card?
The David Jones American Express credit cards earn rewards at the following rates:
David Jones American Express card
- 3 points per $1 at major supermarkets and petrol stations
- 2 points per $1 in David Jones
- 1 point per $1 everywhere else
David Jones American Express Platinum card
- 3 points per $1 at major supermarkets and petrol stations
- 3 points per $1 in David Jones
- 1 point per $1 everywhere else
If you choose to earn Qantas points, you will get 0.75 frequent flyer points for every 1 of the above reward points.
Are you a regular David Jones shopper?
David Jones credit cards allow you to earn rewards points when you shop online or in store. If you are a regular David Jones shopper, find yourself the latest offers and coupon deals from David Jones with finder.com.au, and you could save while earning points.