From competitive interest rates to low annual fees and rewards, bcu credit cards provide a range of features to suit your needs.
Based on the mid-north coast of NSW, bcu has a network that stretches from Queensland's Sunshine Coast in the north to Port Macquarie in the south. As well as credit cards, it offers a variety of financial services and products for individuals, businesses, kids, students, households, retirees and community groups.
bcu Credit Cards
Types of credit cards that bcu offers
You can choose from the following bcu credit card options:
Low rate credit cards
The bcu classic credit card is designed to provide affordable access to credit, with a low standard variable interest rate for purchases and cash advances. It has a competitive annual fee and offers up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Learn more about Low Rate credit cards
Reward credit cards
The bcu Rewards credit card gives you 0.66% cashback per $1 spent on eligible purchases, up to $500 per year. This card also features a competitive standard variable purchase rate of 12.8% p.a. and an annual fee of $89.
Benefits of bcu credit cards
bcu credit cards provide the following benefits:
Unique rewards program
Easy access to money
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.
- You must not have any outstanding defaults or judgements on your credit file or be an un-discharged bankrupt.
- Personal information. This includes your complete name, residential address, email address, phone number, driver's licence number and the number of people dependent on you.
- Employment details. This includes your employment status, occupation, and your employer’s name, phone number, and address.
- Financial details. You will be required to provide information about tou income, expenses, liabilities, and assets. This includes any shares and assets (such as a home or savings), rent and living expenses as well as any other loans or credit cards you have.
- Additional cardholder. You have the option of requesting an additional cardholder for your account. If you want to share your credit card account with a spouse or family member, you will have to provide their full name, email address and contact number. Note that you will still be responsible for all transactions on the account.
The bcu Rewards credit card allows you to get cashback for your everyday spending. This means you know the exact dollar value of your rewards. In comparison, most other credit card reward programs offer points per $1, with the value varying based on what you redeem with your points.
You can use a bcu credit card for spending in-person, online or over the phone, anywhere Visa is accepted. You can also use your card to withdraw money from ATMs in Australia and overseas.
Both bcu credit cards come with Visa payWave technology. This allows you to make contactless transactions at participating merchants with no need for a PIN when you spend less than $100. Visa also offers zero liability insurance against fraud, and additional security for online shopping through the Verified by Visa service.
How to apply for a bcu credit card?
You can apply for a bcu credit card over the phone, by visiting a branch, or online. To complete an online application, simply click on the "Go to Site" button next to the credit card you want. Before you begin the application process, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements.
If you meet the application criteria above, you can start the application process. You'll need to provide the following information:
What happens after you apply?
After you submit a completed application online, bcu will assess your application. If you submit it within NSW business hours, Monday to Friday, you could get a response on the same day. A bcu representative will get in touch if any additional information is required to complete the application.
If you’re not a bcu member, you’ll also have to complete an identity verification process before you receive your card. To complete this process, you may have to visit a bcu branch and provide identification documents such as your driver's licence, birth certificate or passport.
Frequently asked questions
Here are answers to some of the most common questions about bcu credit cards. If there’s something else you want to find out about these cards, feel free to ask by using the form at the bottom of this page.