Newcastle Permanent is a mutual bank with branches between Gosford and Newcastle. It offers one low rate credit card with simple features, including contactless payments and the option to transfer a balance from an existing credit card.
Compare Newcastle Permanent Credit Cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from Newcastle Permanent
Low rate credit card
The Newcastle Permanent Value+ credit card is a low rate card that offers interest on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers. You can use it anywhere Visa is accepted and have the option of making contactless payments at the checkout. This card also has an annual fee of $49 that's competitive with other low rate credit cards.
Benefits of getting a credit card with Newcastle Permanent
You can use this card in person, online and over the phone with any business that accepts Visa card payments. If you're shopping in person, you can tap to pay with no need to enter a PIN for purchases under $100. You also get access to shopping, dining, entertainment and travel deals with Visa Offers + Perks.
The Newcastle Permanent Value+ Credit Card offers up to 3 additional cards at no extra cost.
You can check your balance and manage your account with Internet banking or the Newcastle Permanent mobile app. You also have the option of banking over the phone by calling 13 19 12, or visiting a branch in NSW.
You can use the Value+ Credit Card to transfer balances from existing credit cards or store cards by submitting a completed balance transfer application form (available on the Newcastle Permanent website). Keep in mind that any transferred balances will attract the card's interest rate once the transfer is complete. This is different to balance transfer credit cards that offer a low or 0% interest rate for an introductory period, so it's worth comparing a few options to find one that helps you save on costs.
How to apply
You can apply for a Newcastle Permanent credit card online by filling in a secure application form on the Newcastle Permanent website. Before you get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to complete the application.
- Age. You should be at least 18 years old.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Minimum income. Your annual income must be at least $20,000
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your name, date of birth, residential address, email address and mobile phone number. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver’s licence, passport or Medicare number.
- Employment details. As well as your annual salary, you need to share details of your profession, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips or bank statements to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This covers any other sources of income, investments, savings, other assets and your existing cards, loans, debts or other liabilities. You also need to provide an estimate of your share of regular household expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, bills and groceries.
If you don't have all the required details or want more time, you can save the application and come back to it by entering your phone number and a reference number you'll be provided with when you save it. If you have any questions about your application, you can call Newcastle Permanent on 13 19 87.
Credit card brands similar to Newcastle Permanent
If you want a credit card from a member-owned bank or one with geographic connections, here are 3 other credit card providers you could compare with Newcastle Permanent:
Frequently asked questions
Contact details and related links
- Newcastle Permanent phone number: 13 19 87
8am-6pm, Mon-Fri and 9am-2pm Sat
- Newcastle Permanent home loans
- Newcastle Permanent savings and bank accounts
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
Image: Newcastle PermanentBack to top
More guides on Finder
Newcastle Permanent Value+ Credit Card
The Newcastle Permanent Value+ credit card combines a competitive interest rate with a low annual fee to help cardholders cut card costs.
Ask an Expert