The Newcastle Permanent Value+ credit card offers competitive rates and fees plus the convenience of Visa. Purchases, cash advances and balance transfers all attract a 11.99% p.a. interest rate and the card charges a low $49 annual fee.
Newcastle Permanent Value+ Credit Card
- Balance transfer rate with no balance transfer fee
- 11.99% p.a.
- Purchase rate
- 11.99% p.a.
- Annual fee
- $49 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
The Newcastle Permanent Value+ credit card combines a competitive annual fee and interest rate. It’s also one of the few cards that charges the same low interest rate on purchases and cash advances. Although customers can enjoy the perks you’d usually expect with a Visa, this card doesn’t come with extra features like rewards and complimentary insurance that you could expect with a more expensive product.
A relatively low annual fee of $49 p.a.
A low interest rate of 11.99% p.a. on purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers
Does not offer any rewards
|Newcastle Permanent Value+ Credit Card
|Balance transfer rate p.a.
|Purchase rate p.a.
|Up to 55 days on purchases
|Cash advance rate p.a.
|Min credit limit
|Available to temporary residents
|Minimum monthly repayment
|3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater
|Late payment fee
|Foreign currency conversion fee
|Cash advance fee
|2% or $2.50, whichever is greater
|Additional cardholder fee
|Number of additional cardholders
How to apply
You can apply for the Newcastle Permanent Value+ credit card online in 10-15 minutes. Before you start the application, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information.
- Income. Applicants must earn at least $20,000 p.a.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old.
- Residency. This card is only available to permanent Australian residents.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, residential address, Australian mobile number, email address and consent for identity verification preference.
- Finances. You'll be asked to list your income, expenses, assets and liabilities.
- Employment. Confirm your current employment status and provide your employer's contact details. If you are self-employed, you will need to include your financial statements and personal tax returns for the last two years.
- Low interest rate. This credit card charges a variable interest rate of 11.99% p.a., which is low compared to many other products.
- Competitive annual fee. Cardholders will be charged a competitive annual fee of $49 p.a.
- Visa benefits. You can use the card wherever Visa is accepted, take advantage of exclusive entertainment, travel and lifestyle deals through Visa Offers & Perks and shop with peace of mind with Visa's Zero Liability policy against fraudulent transactions.
- Additional cardholders. If you want to share your credit card account with a family member, you can request up to 3 additional cardholders at no extra cost. As the primary cardholder, you'll be liable for all transactions made with any additional cards.
Rates & fees
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the statement due date, you can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. Interest-free days only apply to purchases, not cash advances or balance transfers.
- Foreign currency conversion fee. A fee worth 3% of the transaction will apply if you make a payment in a foreign currency when you're overseas or shopping online with an international retailer.
- Cash advance fee. As well as the cash advance interest rate, you'll be charged a fee of 2% or $2.50 per transaction (whichever is greater) when you use your card to make a cash advance such as an ATM withdrawal or to buy foreign currency.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
June 17, 2017
Hi. I want to apply for Newcastle Permanent Value+ Credit Card. But I am a permanent Resident not Australian citizen. Do I qualify to apply? Thank you.
June 17, 2017
Thanks for the comment.
One requirement for applying on this card is a permanent Australian citizen and currently resides in Australia.
You can check out instead of a list of credit cards for temporary residents.
Select the “Go to Site” button of your chosen card to proceed with your application.
Hope this helps.
Show more Show less
October 13, 2015
Hello. I am looking to apply for a personal loan from Newcastle Permanent to pay off high rate credit cards with other banks(to clear my debt) and then also applying for a lower rate credit card with you, of say $3,000. How long does the approval process usually take for both of these products?
Show more Show less
October 14, 2015
Hi Angela, thanks for your inquiry!
Credit card approval can be instant upon application approval or conditional (Requiring validation of documents etc) which can take 2-3 business days, this also applies to personal loan applications.
May 18, 2015
Under your Value+Credit Card do I have any type of cover for car hire abroad as in Insurance or Liability for injury to people or Free collision and auto theft cover. I understand a lot of visa card providers offer these sorts of cover. thank you