Compare ANZ credit cards with features including 0% interest rate offers, rewards, frequent flyer points and premium perks.
Use this guide to compare ANZ credit cards based on your goals. You can also learn how to apply for a credit card and explore the features available when you bank with ANZ.
0% p.a. for 15 months on balance transfers
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
ANZ Credit Card Offer
Receive a long-term balance transfer offer with no balance transfer fee. Plus, a low interest rate on purchases and a competitive annual fee.
- $58 p.a. annual fee.
- 12.49% p.a. on purchases
- Cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free
- Minimum income requirement of $15,000 p.a.
Compare ANZ credit cards
When you’re comparing different types of credit cards from ANZ or any other issuer, look at the fees and features to help you find one that is right for your spending habits, goals and budget. The main details to compare are the annual fee, the interest rates, rewards, interest-free days and any perks such as insurance.
Types of ANZ credit cards
ANZ offers low fee, rewards and frequent flyer credit cards, as well as business and student credit cards. Depending on your spending habits and budget, you can also choose between standard, platinum or black credit card accounts.
finder.com.au list of ANZ credit cards
Compare the rates, fees and features of the ANZ credit cards below:
- ANZ Frequent Flyer Black. A high flyer credit card packed with perks.
- ANZ First Visa Credit Card. A credit card with a low minimum credit limit that you can use to build credit history.
- ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card. A credit card designed for travellers and packed with travel perks.
Balance transfer credit cards
If you have existing credit card debt from another bank or issuer, an ANZ balance transfer credit card could help you save on interest and pay it off faster with an introductory low or 0% interest rate. At the end of the introductory period, any remaining balance will attract the standard variable interest rate for that card.
Low fee credit cards
ANZ offers a range of credit cards with competitive annual fees, including cards with ongoing low fees and those with reduced or waived annual fees in the first year. If you pay your balance in full by the due date on your statements, you can also take advantage of an interest-free period for your purchases.
Rewards credit cards
ANZ Rewards credit cards allow you to earn points for your everyday credit card spending and use them to redeem rewards including travel, frequent flyer points and merchandise available through the ANZ Rewards catalogue. Depending on the ANZ Rewards credit card you choose, you can earn between 0.5 and 2 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases.
Frequent flyer credit cards
If you want to earn more Qantas Points, you could choose an ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card that earns Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. Depending on the ANZ Frequent Flyer card you choose, you could also enjoy other travel perks such as up to 100,000 bonus Qantas Points, complimentary international travel insurance and airport lounge passes.
Student credit cards
ANZ student credit cards are designed to offer affordable access to credit, with low or $0 annual fee options and interest-free days on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement. You can also get access to purchase security covers and contactless payments with an ANZ student credit card.
The benefits of banking with ANZ
Here are some of the additional features you can look forward to when you get an ANZ credit card:
ANZ offers a comprehensive Internet banking service that you can use to manage your accounts on any compatible desktop, tablet or mobile device. With ANZ Internet Banking, you can activate your card online, access your account details, check your balance, make payments, review statements and update your details.
Mobile payment and banking options
ANZ offers a range of mobile banking solutions, including the ANZ App. This app is designed to be simple to use without eating into a lot of your mobile data. ANZ also offers compatibility with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. This means you can manage your account details and tap-and-go for payments with a compatible smartphone.
The Falcon anti-fraud protection system from ANZ monitors your account for suspicious transactions around-the-clock. If there are any unusual transactions on your account, ANZ will be in contact to confirm that you’re using the card and not someone else. If you can’t be reached by the bank, your card will be temporarily blocked until you can be contacted. You're also covered by a Zero Liability Policy against fraudulent transactions, allowing you to get a refund if there are unauthorised charges on your card.
Visa — global reach, contactless payments and benefits
ANZ offers Visa credit cards, so you benefit from worldwide acceptance, contactless payments and privileges such as Visa Entertainment, which offers discounts on selected experiences like concerts and other events.
How to apply for an ANZ credit card
You can apply for an ANZ credit card online in around 5 minutes and should get a response within 60 seconds of submitting your completed application. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements for your chosen card. These vary between ANZ cards but generally include:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for an ANZ credit card.
- Income. You must have regular income and meet any minimum income requirements that are listed for your chosen ANZ credit card.
- Residency status. Most credit card issuers prefer you to be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia. But with ANZ, you may also be eligible for a credit card if you're a New Zealand citizen holding a special category visa. You may also be eligible if you hold a business, investor, working or student visa with at least nine months remaining.
Information you need for your ANZ credit card application
Have the following details about yourself and your finances handy to assist with your ANZ credit card application.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, email address, phone number, residential address and living arrangements. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your Australian driver's license, Medicare card or passport.
- Employment details. You will be asked to provide information about your current job, including your role, salary and employer's contact details. If you're self-employed, you'll also need to provide your accountant's details.
- Financial details. As well as your salary, you'll need to provide details of any other income, such as government or superannuation payments, savings and shares. You also need to share details of any debts and estimate your regular ongoing expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, groceries, petrol or insurance premiums.
Once you've submitted your online application for an ANZ credit card, you should get a response within 60 seconds. If you're approved, you should get your card within 5 business days, along with a welcome pack explaining how you can activate and start using your account.
Frequently asked questions
Want to know more about credit cards from ANZ? Here, you'll find answers the most frequently asked questions about ANZ credit cards. If you have another question, you can also get in touch with us using the form at the bottom of the page.