MoneyMe is an Australian online lender that was founded in 2013 and has been listed on the Australian Stock Exchange since 2019. It was also named Digital Disruptor of the Year in the 2022 Finder Innovation Awards. MoneyMe offers a single, virtual credit card that you can use to shop online or in-store through Apple Pay and Google Pay. You can also manage the entire account from the app and get credit back to your account by shopping with partner brands.
Compare MoneyMe credit card features
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of MoneyMe credit cards
Virtual credit card
The MONEYME Freestyle Virtual Credit Card is designed to be managed from your phone or other mobile device. Instead of a traditional plastic credit card, you'll get card details sent to you through the MME app as soon as you're approved.
The MONEYME Freestyle Virtual Credit Card is also different to most cards because its annual fee is based on your credit limit, with fees between $0 and $149 – as well as a monthly fee when your balance is over $20. It also has variable interest rates between 14.99% p.a. and 23.74% p.a. based on your credit score. Similar to other credit cards, it offers up to 55 interest-free days if you pay your balance in full by the due date on your statement.
Benefits of getting a MoneyMe credit card
- Instant, virtual card
You can start using the MoneyMe credit card as soon as your application is approved, rather than waiting days for a credit card to arrive in the mail. You can also manage your entire account from the MoneyMe app.
- Cashback with partners
MoneyMe Perks is an app feature that offers you credit back on your account when you shop with over 1,400 partner stores, including Apple, THE ICONIC, David Jones, eBay and Cotton On. All you need to do is log onto the MoneyMe app, browse offers and pay with your Freestyle Virtual Credit Card.
- Mobile payments
You can tap to pay in stores and shop online in instants when you add the MoneyMe Freestyle Mastercard to your Apple Pay or Google Pay account.
- MME app
MoneyMe's app offers a simple way to check your balance, review transactions and manage your entire account. You'll also be able to access new features when they're available, such as peer-to-peer transfers.
How to apply for a MoneyMe credit card
In keeping with the virtual theme, you can apply online in a few minutes. To get started, check you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the documents and details needed to complete the secure application form.
- Income. You must have a regular source of income .
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a current long term visa (12 months or more).
- Credit history. You must have no history of payment default, bankruptcy, judgements or serious overdue accounts, and a credit score above 600 with Equifax. You also can't have had a previous application declined in the past 365 days.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal details. You'll need to provide details such as your full name and address.
- Identification. You'll need to provide proof of identity such as your driver's licence or birth certificate.
- Proof of income. You'll be asked to provide proof of income and employment. During the application, you can speed up this process by securely connecting to your bank account to verify these details.
What happens after you apply?
MoneyMe will give you a response in a few moments. If you're approved, your MoneyMe Freestyle Virtual Card Card will be set up and ready to use instantly.
Credit card brands similar to MoneyMe
If you want a virtual credit card for online and mobile shopping, here are 3 other options you can compare:
Important links and details
- MoneyMe customer service number: 1300 329 037
Hours: 8:00am-7:00pm Mon-Fri (AEST)
- MoneyMe Personal Loans
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
More guides on Finder
MONEYME Freestyle Virtual Credit Card
MONEYME Freestyle Virtual Credit Card can be set up and used as soon as your application is approved, with an interest rate that's based on your credit score and an annual fee that's based on your credit limit.