We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
MoneyMe offers quick turnaround personal loans to employed Australians with repayment terms suited to what they can afford. Turnaround time is quick, with the loan amount able to be deposited within an hour of your application depending on who you bank with.
If you repay your first loan on time and build up a positive rating with MoneyMe, you may be eligible for bigger loan amounts and lower fees in the future. Find out if a MoneyMe personal loan is right for you.
Compare MoneyMe Personal Loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What types of personal loans does MoneyMe offer?
MoneyMe is an online financial provider that promotes responsible lending. This means that you won’t be approved for a loan you can’t afford to repay. You have your choice of the following products:
- Medium loan. Borrow between $2,100 and $5,000 with an establishment fee of $495. Depending on the loan amount and the loan term, interest rates vary between 6.25% p.a. and 19.95% Interest is charged in arrears on the outstanding amount and repayments are made over a maximum of 1 year.
- Personal loan. This product is for loan amounts of between $2,100 and $50,000. Here you are charged from $295 to $495 as an establishment fee. The interest rates are the same as those of the medium loan, also charged in arrears on the outstanding balance. This loan can be repaid over a maximum term of 5 years.
- Line of credit. Get access to up to $20,000 with a MoneyMe Freestyle Virtual Credit Account at a rate of between 16.99% p.a. and 25.99% p.a.
What features does MoneyMe offer with its personal loans?
If you’re considering applying for a MoneyMe personal loan, here are some of its features.
- Repayments align with your pay cycle. Loan repayments are lined up with your pay cycle and are automatically direct debited.
- Responsible lending. MoneyMe only approves loan amounts that you can afford to repay. Repaying your loan on time helps develop a positive loan rating, which means you benefit from lower rates the next time you borrow from MoneyMe.
- Quick turnaround. Loan applications are approved quickly and money is available within a few hours, or within the hour if you bank with CommBank. This may vary if you apply on a weekend or outside business hours.
- Flexible terms. Repayment terms are customised to borrowers' budget and pay cycle. Loans of over $2,100 can be repaid over a maximum of 5 years (1 year for amounts between $2,100 and $5,000).
- Fees. An establishment fee is charged for setting up the loan. For loans of over $2,100, this amount is equal to from $295 to $495. Other fees that could apply include a direct debit dishonour fee and a late fee, both equal to $15.
- No paperwork. This application process is paperless, meaning you sign the loan agreement electronically. As part of the verification process, MoneyMe uses illion Open Data Solutions technology for read-only access to your bank statements from the last 90 days.
What other products does MoneyMe offer?
Besides medium loans and personal loans of over 2 years, MoneyMe also offers personal lines of credit up to $10,000.
How you can apply for a personal loan from MoneyMe
You can apply for MoneyMe loan conveniently online, just click “Go to site” on this page to start your application. Before supplying personal and financial information, you’ll be asked to specify the loan amount, the desired loan period and the loan purpose.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for a loan:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be employed
- You must be aged 18 years or older
Your credit history doesn’t have to be perfect, but MoneyMe rewards better credit with lower rates and won’t approve a loan if you’re bankrupt or clearly unable to make repayments.
You’ll need the following documents on hand:
- Bank details so your loan can be deposited
- Mobile phone number
- Valid email address
MoneyMe’s personal loan products are designed to reward good customers with lower rates and added benefits. However, it’s best to compare your loan options before you apply.
More guides on Finder
OurMoneyMarket Personal Loan
OurMoneyMarket is a marketplace lender that offers personal loans with risk-based rates. See if it's right for you here.
Geelong Bank Personal Loan
Get access to a free redraw facility and flexible repayment options.
ScotPac Selective Invoice Finance
ScotPac Selective Invoice Finance gives you on-demand access to business funding.
Australian Military Bank Variable Rate Personal Loan
Australian Military Bank offers a loan with a rate tailored to your credit history along with no penalty for early repayments. Find out if this loan is right for you.
bcu Special Car Loan
Need a flexible car loan with loads of great features and no penalty for early repayment? The bcu special car loan lets you apply for up to $65,000 and you can be approved within 30 minutes.
Hit the books and get back into studying with a low fee loan from Study Loans.
Freedom Finance Car Loan
Looking for competitive finance? Receive a quote in four business hours from Freedom Finance Australia to help you find the right car loan.
BankSA Unsecured Fixed Rate Personal Loan
Find out all you need to know about the interest rate, fees and charges that come with the BankSA Unsecured Fixed Rate Personal Loan.
Wallet Wizard Smart Loan
Wallet Wizard offers small loans up to $2,000 and considers applicants with bad credit, although you'll need to meet the eligibility criteria to receive approval.
QT Mutual Bank Personal Loan Review
Are you a resident of Queensland and looking for a flexible personal loan? QT Mutual Bank lets you apply for up to $60,000 and doesn't have a set minimin term. Find out if this loan is right for you.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert