MoneyMe Personal Loans
Apply for a personal loan of up to $50,000 and benefit from tailored terms and no hidden fees.
If you repay your first loan on time and build up a positive rating with MoneyMe, you’ll be eligible for bigger loan amounts and lower fees in the future. Find out if a MoneyMe personal loan is right for you.
Compare MoneyMe Personal Loans
What types of personal loans does MoneyMe offer?
MoneyMe is an online financial provider that promotes responsible lending. This means that you won’t be approved for a loan you can’t afford to repay. You have your choice of the following products:
- Medium loan. Borrow between $2,001 and $3,000 with an establishment fee of $400. Depending on the loan amount and the loan term, interest rates vary between 8.99% p.a. and 29.99% p.a. Interest is charged in arrears on the outstanding amount and repayments are made over a maximum of 2 years.
- Personal loan. This product is for loan amounts of between $3,001 and $50,000. Here you are charged 5 - 8% of the principal borrowed, capped at $1,200 as an establishment fee. The interest rates are the same as those of the medium loan, also charged in arrears on the outstanding balance. This loan can be repaid over a maximum term of 5 years.
- Line of credit. Get access to up to $10,000 with a MoneyMe Freestyle Virtual Credit Account at a rate of between 16.99% p.a. and 25.99% p.a.
What features does MoneyMe offer with its personal loans?
If you’re considering applying for a MoneyMe personal loan, here are some of its features.
- Repayments align with your pay cycle. Loan repayments are lined up with your pay cycle and are automatically direct debited.
- Responsible lending. MoneyMe only approves loan amounts that you can afford to repay. Repaying your loan on time helps develop a positive loan rating, which means you benefit from lower rates the next time you borrow from MoneyMe.
- Quick turnaround. Loan applications are approved quickly and money is available within a few hours, or within the hour if you bank with Commonwealth Bank. This may vary if you apply on a weekend or outside business hours.
- Flexible terms. Repayment terms are customised to borrowers' budget and pay cycle. Loans of over $3,001 can be repaid over a maximum of 5 years (2 years for amounts between $2,001 and $3,000).
- Fees. An establishment fee is charged for setting up the loan. For loans of over $3,001, this amount is equal to 5 - 8% of the principal borrowed, capped at $1,200. Other fees that could apply include a direct debit dishonour fee and a late fee, both equal to $15.
- No paperwork. This application process is paperless, meaning you sign the loan agreement electronically. As part of the verification process, MoneyMe uses illion Open Data Solutions technology for read-only access to your bank statements from the last 90 days.
What other products does MoneyMe offer?
Besides medium loans and personal loans of over 2 years, MoneyMe also offers personal lines of credit up to $10,000.
How you can apply for a personal loan from MoneyMe
You can apply for MoneyMe loan conveniently online, just click “Go to site” on this page to start your application. Before supplying personal and financial information, you’ll be asked to specify the loan amount, the desired loan period and the loan purpose.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for a loan:
- You must be an Australian citizen
- You must be employed
- You must be aged 18 years or older
Your credit history doesn’t have to be perfect, but MoneyMe rewards better credit with lower rates and won’t approve a loan if you’re bankrupt or clearly unable to make repayments.
You’ll need the following documents on hand:
- Bank details so your loan can be deposited
- Mobile phone number
- Valid email address
MoneyMe’s personal loan products are designed to reward good customers with lower rates and added benefits. However, it’s best to compare your loan options before you apply.
Read more on this topic
Personal loans for laptops Find out everything you need to know about getting a loan for your laptop purchase, including what's available, if you're eligible and how to compare.
Coronavirus: What to do if you can't afford your personal loan repayments Struggling to repay your personal loan(s) as a result of COVID-19? Find out everything you need to know about what's being done to help people in your situation.
5 ways you can improve your personal finances in 5 minutes SPONSORED: Got 5 minutes to spare? Here's how you can improve your financial situation quickly and easily.
MoneyMe Line of Credit MoneyMe offers a flexible line of credit loan that's accessible within minutes. Apply online and get approved for a maximum credit limit from $1,000 to $10,000 and make purchases straight from your mobile phone.
What a time to be a loan: August 2019 sees $30bn personal loan spike Despite a $5 billion fall over the previous 12 months, Australia has seen a dramatic increase in personal loans over June-August 2019.
MyState Bank Unsecured Fixed Rate Personal Loan Looking for a personal loan without the need for security? MyState Bank offers a competitive fixed rate loan option for almost any purpose.
MyState Bank Secured Fixed Rate Personal Loan If you have good credit and can provide security, you can apply for a low-rate MyState Secured Fixed Rate Personal Loan up to $75,000 today.
Auswide Personal Loan Looking to buy a car or fund a holiday? The Auswide Personal Loan lets you borrow up to $50,000.
OurMoneyMarket Personal Loan OurMoneyMarket is a marketplace lender that offers personal loans with risk-based rates. See if it's right for you here.
Geelong Bank Personal Loan Get access to a free redraw facility and flexible repayment options.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 7.5% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $10,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 7.45% p.a. and 16.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Make additional repayments or pay off the loan early, penalty-free.
Ask an Expert