Society One Personal Loans
If you have a good credit rating and want a quick and efficient way to get a personal loan, SocietyOne might be just the lender you’re looking for.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
SocietyOne is the first peer-to-peer financing platform in Australia. It connects investors with borrowers in a secure environment and offers you a loan based on your credit history. The company offers investors the opportunity to lend to qualified borrowers directly. This type of financing has never been available in Australia before, and SocietyOne takes care of the fund management and servicing of every loan to minimise risks.
- No ongoing fees
- Must be employed
- Min. loan amount $5,000
100% confidential application
SocietyOne Unsecured Personal Loan (2-3 years)
Borrow from $5,000 and benefit from no ongoing or early repayment fees. You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.39% p.a. and 17.49% p.a. based on your risk profile.
- Interest rate from: 6.39% p.a.
- Comparison rate: 6.39% p.a.
- Interest rate type: Fixed
- Application fee: from 0% to 5% of the loan amount
- Minimum loan amount: $5,000
- Maximum loan amount: $50,000
Unsecured personal loans from SocietyOne offer competitive rates starting from 6.39% p.a. You're able to apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay it over terms of 2, 3 or 5 years. These loans can be used for a variety of reasons, from debt consolidation and weddings to going on holiday or buying a new car.
Features and benefits of a SocietyOne personal loan
- Competitive interest rates. The interest rate you're offered from SocietyOne depends on the details you provide in your personal loan application. SocietyOne can offer you a personalised quote in three minutes.
- Loan terms. You can choose to repay the loan over 2, 3 or 5 years.
- Flexible loan. The loan is unsecured so can be used to fund various loan purposes. You can use it to pay for a holiday, consolidate debt, finance a wedding, buy a car or pay for your education needs.
- Fast approval. Applications will be reviewed to determine if the borrower and lender meet the criteria. Applications are processed quickly to give borrowers access to funds when they need them most.
- Transparent rates and fees. You can see SocietyOne's rate and fee structure before you apply on its website.
- Direct lenders. Investors are able to look through available borrower applications on SocietyOne's secure platform. This is all anonymous and the platform is safe.
The establishment fee is based on your credit score.
from 0% (min. $0 up to max. $995)
4.25% (min. $395 up to max. $995)
4.50% (min. $395 up to max. $995)
5% (min. $395 up to max. $995)
What other products does SocietyOne offer?
SocietyOne only offers personal loans at this time. The P2P lender specialises in connecting borrowers and investors.
How to apply for a personal loan from SocietyOne
If you'd like to apply with SocietyOne, click "Go to Site" to get your application started. There are some basic application criteria that has to be met, so ensure you can answer "yes" to each of the below:
- You are an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- You are at least 21 years old
- You earn more than $30,000 p.a.
- You can afford the loan you're applying for
- You've had good credit for the last two years
- You're not in financial hardship with other financial providers
- You do not have pending, current or previous bankruptcy
- The loan is not for business purposes
SocietyOne is a unique lending platform that offers a range of options to customers. Make sure to compare your options before deciding which loan is right for you.
More guides on Finder
Personal loans for laptops
Find out everything you need to know about getting a loan for your laptop purchase, including what's available, if you're eligible and how to compare.
Can you repay your personal loan early?
Repaying a personal loan ahead of schedule is great and can help you save on fees and interest. That is, unless you're charged a penalty for doing it. Check our list to see what fees Australian lenders charge.
Latitude Financial Services Secured Personal Loan
The Latitude Financial Service Secured Personal Loan is a flexible loan with a competitive fixed interest rate, flexible repayment options and the ability to make additional repayments. Application is simple and can be completed online – find out if you're eligible.
Get up to 100,000 Velocity Points with a SocietyOne personal loan
You could earn 2 Velocity Points for every $1 you borrow.
Would you be better off with a peer-to-peer personal loan from SocietyOne?
You could apply for up to $50,000 and repay it at a rate that is tailored to you.
Australia’s first P2P SocietyOne cracks $300 million in loans in its fifth year
The growth of SocietyOne's loan book demonstrates the increasing strength of the peer-to-peer lending sector.
SocietyOne vs Harmoney
Looking for a personal loan with a tailored rate? Find out which P2P lender will work best for you.
SocietyOne vs RateSetter
Compare two of Australia's most prominent peer-to-peer lenders to find out which one will work for you.
How much do you need to earn to get a personal loan?
Not sure how much you can borrow based on your income? If you're looking for a personal loan, find out how lenders determine how much you can borrow and how to see if you're eligible based on your income.
Want to find the right personal loan? How about save time? Consider applying for a personal loan online – this guide will take you through what you need to know.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 24.79% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 10.5% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert