Beyond Bank Credit Cards
Spending benefits minus the frills — discover the features of a Beyond Bank credit card.
Updated . What changed?
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Beyond Bank, with close to 50 branches, 195,000 customers, and in excess of $4 billion in the form of assets under management, is amongst the nation’s largest customer-owned banks. Before becoming a bank, this institute operated as Community CPS, one of Australia’s largest credit unions. This bank offers two low rate credit cards, both of which offer value, flexibility, security, and simple repayment options.
Comparison of Beyond Bank credit cards
Type of credit card from Beyond Bank
While Beyond Bank does not offer any premium credit cards, it does offer a low rate card coming with its fair share of features. Details of your card options are as follow:
Low rate credit cards
A low rate credit card gives you the benefits of credit card spending power without the high interest strings that come attached to many other cards. Beyond Bank's Low Rate Visa Credit Card, like other low rate cards, offers a highly competitive interest rate. Owing to its Visa affiliation you can use this card just about anywhere in the world, and it also comes with other Visa benefits. This card comes with a 0% p.a. balance transfer offer, and offers interest-free days on purchases. If you have this card you can apply for up to 4 additional cards, with none of these attracting additional fees.
The benefits of banking with Beyond Bank
Beyond Bank credit cardholders stand to benefit from a host of features and services offered by Beyond Bank. Here are some of the benefits you can expect:
If you apply for the Low Rate Visa Credit Card you can use it to transfer balances from existing cards and pay 0% p.a. for the first 12 months. To take advantage of this offer you should apply for the transfer within one month of receiving your card.
Generous number of interest-free days on purchases
Both Beyond Bank credit cards offer up to 62 interest-free days on retail purchases. This is quite a long period compared to other cards that may only offer up to 44 or 55 days interest-free. Keep in mind you'll need to pay your balance back in full each statement period in order to take advantage of these interest-free days.
Beyond Bank gives you different ways to keep track of your credit card account. You can login to the Beyond Bank website by using your computer, you can download the Beyond Bank app to use on your smartphone, or you can use its round-the-clock telephone banking service.
The Visa Zero Liability Policy is in place to protect your card information at all times, meaning you won't not liable for unauthorised purchases made using your card or card information. Verified by Visa offers another layer of protection by ensuring that it’s you who is making the purchase, and Smart Chip Protection minimises the risk of card skimming, counterfeiting, and other fraudulent activity.
Through this facility you can set up automatic repayments and pay a set amount each month. This can be your entire balance or minimum monthly payment. This way, you don’t have to worry about keeping track of your card’s due date.
How to apply for a Beyond Bank credit card
Before you think about applying for a Beyond Bank credit card make sure you compare your options well. After narrowing down on your choice find out if you meet the eligibility criteria, which is listed on our review pages, and if you do you can click on the ‘Go to Site’ button.
- Be more than 18 years old
- Be a permanent resident of Australia or an Australian citizen
- Your regular net income should exceed $2,000 per month
- You should have good credit history
- You should agree to Beyond Bank conducting a credit check
As long as you have all the required information at hand, completing an online application should not take long. As part of the application process, you have to submit the following:
- Complete name, date of birth, residential address, phone number, and email address.
- Be prepared to submit details of your income from all sources and your employer’s contact details. In case you’re self-employed, you'll need to provide your accountant’s contact details. You have to submit details surrounding all your expenses and liabilities as well as your savings and assets.
- If you wish to transfer balances from existing credit cards to your new Beyond Bank credit card, keep the card numbers and other related information close at hand.
What happens after applying?
In the event that Beyond Bank requires more information a bank representative will get in touch with you. If you are regularly employed, let your payroll department know that Beyond Bank might get in touch with them to verify your income. Individuals who aren’t existing Beyond Bank customers have to complete an identity verification process, as this is required by Australian law. To complete the process you have to take supporting documents to a Beyond Bank branch where a representative confirms your identity as well as other information you previously provided.
Frequently asked questions
Given below are answers to frequently asked questions about Beyond Bank credit cards. If you have any further questions, you can get an answer by using the form at the end of this page.
Image: Beyond Bank AustraliaBack to top
More guides on Finder
Beyond Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card
The Beyond Bank Low Rate Visa offers 0% on balance transfers for 12 months, up to 62 interest-free days on purchases and a low annual fee.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.