We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Teachers Mutual Bank offers a low-cost Visa credit card with simple features and the option of mobile payments through Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. If you're a member of Teachers Mutual Bank or work in the education sector, you can use this guide to learn more about this credit card, including how to apply.
Compare credit cards from Teachers Mutual Bank
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of Teachers Mutual Bank credit cards
Low rate credit cards
The Teachers Mutual Bank credit card has an introductory rate of 7.9% p.a. for the first 6 months. After that, a rate of 11.5% p.a. applies to your transactions, which is competitive with other low rate credit cards. This card also has no annual fee for life.
Benefits of banking with Teachers Mutual Bank
Getting a Teachers Mutual Bank credit card gives you access to the following features and benefits:
You can use a Teachers Mutual Bank credit card to shop in person, online or over the phone, with worldwide acceptance through the Visa card network. You'll be able to make contactless payments in-store and get the added protection of Visa Secure for online shopping. You can also take advantage of Visa Offers + Perks, which gives you access to exclusive shopping, dining, entertainment and travel deals.
The Teachers Mutual Bank credit card works with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay digital wallets, which means you can add the card to your account and make payments straight from your mobile phone or compatible device.
Teachers Mutual Bank offers 24/7 account access with Internet banking, the TMB mobile app and a telephone banking service you can use by calling 13 21 40. The mobile app even gives you a way to put a temporary lock on your card if you lose it.
How to apply for a Teachers Mutual Bank credit card
You can apply for a Teachers Mutual Bank credit card online by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. Before you apply, check that you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you need to complete the application.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. You also cannot be a foreign tax resident.
- Credit history. You must not be an undischarged bankrupt.
- Education sector employee. To get this credit card, you need to become a member of Teachers Mutual Bank. You'll only be eligible to join the bank if you work in the Australian education sector, have retired from a related job or are a family member of an existing Teachers Mutual Bank member.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, home address, email address, phone number, date of birth and number of dependants. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your drivers licence or passport.
- Employment details. As well as your salary, you need to share your employment status, length of employment and your employer’s contact details. If you’re self-employed or retired you’ll have to provide your accountant’s name and contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips or bank statements to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, as well as savings, assets and existing credit cards, loans or other liabilities. You also need to provide an estimate of your regular expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills and transport.
If you have any questions about the application, you can visit a Teachers Mutual Bank branch or call the bank on 13 12 21.
Frequently asked questions
If you want to know more about Teachers Mutual Bank credit cards, here you'll find answers to some of the most common questions. If you have another question, you can also get in touch using the comment box below.
Image: ShutterstockBack to top
More guides on Finder
Teachers Mutual Bank Credit Card
This card is designed for people working in the education sector and offers low-cost features, including an introductory interest rate for purchases and balance transfers.
Ask an Expert