Teachers Mutual Bank is a member-owned bank established by teachers in 1966. It is a division of Teachers Mutual Bank Limited, which was highly commended in the Green Bank of the Year category for the 2023 Finder Green Awards (and won the award in 2022) for its sustainability initiatives. It offers one credit card with simple, low-cost features.
Compare credit cards from Teachers Mutual Bank
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of Teachers Mutual Bank credit cards
Low rate credit cards
The Teachers Mutual Bank Credit Card has an introductory rate of 7.9% p.a. for the first 6 months. After that, a rate of 11.5% p.a. applies to your transactions, which is competitive with other low rate credit cards. This card also has no annual fee for life.
Benefits of getting a Teachers Mutual Bank credit card
The Teachers Mutual Bank Credit Card works with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay digital wallets, which means you can add the card to your account and make payments straight from your mobile phone or compatible device.
You can use a Teachers Mutual Bank credit card around the world wherever Visa cards are accepted. You get protection from fraudulent charges through Visa's Zero Liability Policy and, when you're shopping online, Visa Secure. You can also take advantage of Visa Offers + Perks, which gives you access to exclusive shopping, dining, entertainment and travel deals.
Teachers Mutual Bank offers 24/7 account access with Internet banking, the TMB mobile app and a telephone banking service you can use by calling 13 21 40. The mobile app even gives you a way to put a temporary lock on your card if you lose it.
Teachers Mutual Bank Limited was highly commended in the 2023 Finder Green Awards Green Bank of the Year category, and won the award in 2022. It operates with 100% renewable energy and doesn't invest any money into fossil fuels, gambling, alcohol, tobacco or many other industries. It's also a certified B Corp and has been listed as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. Check out Finder's interview with Teachers Mutual Bank's head of socially responsible banking, Corin Millais, for more details and insights.
How to apply for a Teachers Mutual Bank credit card
You can apply for a Teachers Mutual Bank credit card online in around 15 minutes by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. Before you apply, check that you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you need to complete the application.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. You also cannot be a foreign tax resident.
- Credit history. You must not be an undischarged bankrupt.
- Teachers Mutual Bank membership. You can become a member of Teachers Mutual Bank if you're a current or retired employee in the Australian education sector, or if one of your family members is an existing Teachers Mutual Bank member. You'll need to become a member to get this credit card and can sign up as part of the application if you meet these requirements.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, home address, email address, phone number, date of birth and number of dependants. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your drivers licence or passport.
- Employment details. As well as your salary, you need to share your employment status, length of employment and your employer’s contact details. If you’re self-employed or retired you’ll have to provide your accountant’s name and contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips or bank statements to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, as well as savings, assets and existing credit cards, loans or other liabilities. You also need to provide an estimate of your regular expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills and transport.
Have a question about your application? Call Teachers Mutual Bank on 13 12 21.
Frequently asked questions
Credit card brands similar to Teachers Mutual Bank
If you want a credit card from a member-owned bank or one that's focused on sustainability, here are 3 others you can compare with Teachers Mutual Bank:
Important details and related links
- Teachers Mutual Bank customer service phone number: 13 12 21
- Teachers Mutual Bank personal loans
- Teachers Mutual Bank savings and bank accounts
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
More guides on Finder
Teachers Mutual Bank Credit Card
This card is designed for people working in the education sector and offers low-cost features, including an introductory interest rate for purchases and balance transfers.
Ask an Expert