Beyond Bank savings and bank accounts
Awards that Beyond Bank has earned
- Asia-Pacific Banking + Finance Awards, 2015. Winner of Mutual Bank of the Year Award
- Money Magazine’s Best of the Best Awards, 2015. Its Low Rate Visa Credit card won the Best Transactor Credit Card (Bank Category)
Quick facts about Beyond Bank
- Beyond Bank is amongst Australia's largest customer owned banks.
- It has more than 195,000 customers, over $4 billion in assets under management and more than 600 employees.
- Before becoming a bank, it operated in the form of Community CPS, one of the largest credit unions in the country.
What transaction accounts are provided by Beyond Bank?
Purple Transactor Account
This everyday transaction account has no monthly account keeping fees and no ATM fees worldwide. It comes with a free linked Visa debit card which you can use in store or online all over the world. You can link the account to Apple Pay, Samsung Par or Google Pay to make secure contactless purchases with your phone.
What savings accounts are offered by Beyond Bank?
Community Reward Account
When you open this account you get to nominate a participating not-for-profit group. Every year, the bank makes a donation to this group in accordance to your average annual balance. The money in this account earns competitive interest, and the account does not attract any monthly account keeping fees. You get access to your money through online banking, phone banking, branch banking and Bank@Post, with four free over-the-counter withdrawals every month.
This account offers a competitive interest rate for balances in excess of $5,000 and it does not charge any monthly account keeping fees. You get unlimited free transaction between your other Beyond Bank accounts via online banking and phone banking. You can also transact at Beyond Bank branches and Bank@Post outlets.
What term deposits accounts are offered by Beyond Bank?
High-interest term deposits
You can open a Beyond Bank term deposit with as little as $2,000 and the term can vary in between three months and five years. You get the option of choosing when you receive interest payments, and you can track the progress of your deposit using online banking.
What are the pros and cons of banking with Beyond Bank?
- Variety. Beyond Bank offers different types of transaction and savings accounts to suit varied requirements.
- Bonus interest. The Bonus Saver account lets you earn bonus interest every month, provided you meet some basic criteria.
- Mobile banking. You don’t have to limit accessing the bank’s online system to computers. If you want to use your smartphone, you can download the Beyond Bank mobile app for free.
- Fee waiver conditions. With some accounts, you can get fee waivers only if you meet certain conditions.
How do I apply for Beyond Bank savings accounts?
You can apply by visiting any Beyond Bank branch and you can also apply online. Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria below:
- You are an Australian resident
- You meet any account specific minimum or maximum age requirement
To complete the application, you’ll have to provide the following details:
- Your name, date of birth and details from an identification document like a driver’s license or passport
- Your residential address, email address and phone number
- Your tax file number (optional)
More guides on Finder
Beyond Bank monEsaver Account
Propel your savings growth with a high interest savings account that gives you online accessibility without charging any fees.
Beyond Bank Term Deposit
Beyond Bank lets you open a term deposit with an amount that suits your budget. You can choose from different time periods as well.
Beyond Bank Community Reward Account
The Beyond Bank Community Reward Account lets you support your favourite community organisation, while your money earns interest.
Beyond Bank Access Savings Account
Open the Beyond Bank Access Savings Account if you want your money to earn interest as well as other benefits.
Ask an Expert