Savings Bank Customer Satisfaction Highly Commended:
Bendigo took second place in our Transaction Account category this year, with 91% of the users that we surveyed saying they'd recommend the bank to a friend. Its customer satisfaction rating was 4.36 out of 5. Find more about Finder Banking Satisfaction Awards 2023.
Quick facts about Bendigo Bank
- Bendigo Bank initially started as a building society in Bendigo, Victoria, helping locals to own their own home.
- Bendigo Bank has been around for more than 150 years.
- Bendigo Bank joined with Adelaide Bank in 2007 to form the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group.
- Although it's local to the Bendigo area in Victoria, Bendigo Bank has more than 1.9 million customers all over Australia.
- Bendigo Bank is regularly voted as one of Australia's most-trusted brands.
- Bendigo Bank's community branches have donated more than $250 million towards community programs.
- Taking into account it's huge community bank network, Bendigo Bank is Australia's fifth largest bank.
Different accounts offered by Bendigo Bank
Bendigo Bank offers a range of different deposit accounts which you can see in the tables above. Here's a brief snapshot of some of the main accounts.
Bendigo Everyday Account
A day-to-day transaction account that you can also use as an offset account with your Bendigo Bank home loan. This account has a $6 monthly account fee which is waived if you deposit $2,000 a month.
Read our full review of the Bendigo Everyday Account.
Bendigo Student Account
Children as young as 12, full-time students, apprentices and trainees are all eligible for the student account. There are no monthly fees for your account, plus you get unlimited free transactions online, by phone, at Bendigo ATMs and with BPAY.
Read our full review of the Bendigo Student Account.
Bendigo EasySaver Account
This is the main savings account offered by Bendigo Bank for personal customers. It offers a standard variable interest rate each month on your savings with no ongoing deposit conditions to meet. All you need to do is link it to the Bendigo Bank Everyday Account, and you can access your money at any time.
Read our full review of the Bendigo Bank EasySaver Account.
Bendigo PiggySaver Account
This is Bendigo's savings account option for children under 12, encouraging them to save with a free money box and annual birthday rewards. It also offers interest on your balance so kids can learn about compound interest.
Read our full review of the Bendigo Bank PiggySaver Account.
Bendigo Bank Term Deposit
With a Bendigo Bank Term Deposit, you have the option of locking your savings with a fixed rate for a length of time of your choice. You can open a term deposit from 1 month up to 5 years. The minimum deposit you need is $0 and you can choose to receive your interest payments monthly, annually or at maturity of the account.
Read our full review of the Bendigo Bank Term Deposit.
Different ways to bank with Bendigo Bank
Bendigo Bank offers many different ways to do your banking.
Bendigo Bank has more than 500 branches in Australia, including around 300 branches as part of its community banking network. This community branch is run by banking volunteers to give access to financial products and services (offered by Bendigo) to regional communities. Profits from these community branches goes back into the community to fund things like schools, sporting equipment, art and cultural projects, and the environment.
Bendigo has roughly 500 ATMs available in Australia, mostly located in the southern part of the country. Customers can also access all major bank ATMs to withdraw cash for free.
If you need to deposit cash into your account and don't have a Bendigo branch nearby, you can do this at a participating Australia Post shop using Bank@Post.
Bendigo Bank Internet and mobile banking
Commonwealth Bank's online banking platform is called Bendigo e-banking. You can go online 24/7 to do your day-to-day banking including view your balances, pay bills, transfer money between accounts and make BPAY payments, view and download your statements and open new Bendigo Bank accounts.
The Bendigo Bank app is free to download from Google Play or the App Store. You can set up your own PayID in the app to use instead of your BSB and Account Number when receiving money, and use Osko to make instant bank-to-bank transfers.
Contactless payment options
Pros and cons of banking with Bendigo bank
- Community banking. Bendigo's community banking program helps fund things like sports equipment, infrastructure and community amenities in regional towns.
- Variety of accounts. Bendigo offers dedicated bank accounts for kids, community organisations, students and customers in retirement.
- Bank branches. Unlike many digital and online banks, Bendigo still offers a network of physical bank branches.
- Lots of ways to bank. You can use bank branches, smart ATMs, Internet banking, mobile banking, Bank@Post or digital wallets.
- Fees. Bendigo's bank account charges a monthly account keeping fee unless you deposit a certain amount each month.
- Limited ATM access. Bendigo Bank has less of a physical ATM presence than the Big Four banks.
How to apply for a Bendigo Bank account online
You can apply for a new Bendigo Bank account online in less than 10 minutes. Just make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary documents handy before you start your application.
- You're over 18 years old, unless you're applying for a student or kid's account
- You're an Australian resident for tax purposes
- You have an Australian phone number and residential address
- Personal details like your name, date of birth, residential address, phone number and email address
- ID documents such as your driver's licence, Medicare card, passport or proof-of-age card
More guides on Finder
Bendigo Bank Reward Saver
Read Finder's review of the Bendigo Bank Reward Saver. Learn how you can earn the maximum bonus interest rate with this account.
Bendigo Bank Everyday Account Product Review
With convenient access to your funds and a host of flexible features, Bendigo Bank’s Everyday Account can help you manage your day-to-day finances with ease.
Bendigo Easy Retirement Account
Find out how the Bendigo Bank Easy Retirement account lives up to its name by making retirement saving easier.
Bendigo Bank EasySaver Account
Meet your saving goals easily with a simple to use account that provides a competitive interest rate.
Bendigo Bank PiggySaver Account
With the PiggySaver Account a child can start turning small change into dollars.
Bendigo Bank Christmas Club Account
If you want to save especially for the holiday season you can consider opening a Bendigo Bank Christmas Club Account.
Bendigo Bank Student Account
Study stress-free with a Student Account that takes care of all of your financial needs without charging you for it.
Bendigo Bank Trust Account
Your organisation’s money can earn interest through the Bendigo Bank Trust Account and no monthly fees.
Bendigo Bank term deposit (under $5000)
Bendigo Bank term deposits can give you easy means to save for a short or long term goal. Though, you can find other similar offerings out there, so compare a few before deciding.
Ask an Expert