Bendigo Bank offers a range of loan services, including secured and unsecured personal loans and a personal loan for green purchases. You can borrow from $2,000 up to $100,000 and loan terms range from 1 year to 7 years. The secured personal loan offers a fixed interest rate starting from 7.79% p.a. Security can include your car or property, but in case you fail to make your repayments, you could risk your assets. The interest rate for the unsecured personal loan is higher, starting from 12.79% p.a. If you want to make green purchases, you could receive a discount of 1% p.a. This discount is only applicable if you use it to purchase any of the environmentally-friendly products specified by the company. Depending on what you want to purchase, you may find their range limiting.
Compare personal loans offered by Bendigo Bank
- Secured Personal Loan. Suited for purchasing a new or second-hand car, you can also use a car you currently own as security for this loan. As it's secured, it comes with a competitive fixed rate. This loan is available with a competitive fixed rate for terms up to 7 years.
- Unsecured Personal Loan. With no requirement for security, this loan is suited for financing your holiday or home refurbishment needs. It comes with a slightly higher fixed interest rate because it is unsecured.
- Generation Green Personal Loan. This is an innovative type of personal loan from Bendigo Bank that rewards you each time you make an environmentally-friendly purchase. You will get a discount of 1% p.a. on your personal loan fixed rate if you use your loan to purchase any of the 12 environmentally-friendly products specified by the company. You can opt for either a secured or unsecured variant of the loan. Some of the products you can buy include double glazings, environmentally-friendly vehicles, greywater treatment systems and water storage tanks.
Features and benefits of a Bendigo Bank personal loan
- Includes of redraw facilities. Bendigo Bank personal loans come with redraw facilities. You are able to make extra repayments on top of the normal minimum repayments, then the redraw facility lets you access that additional amount if you will need it in future. The Bendigo Bank redraw facility give you the flexibility to access funds whenever you need them.
- Flexible loan repayment schedule. Bendigo Bank personal loans come with the flexibility to make repayments according to your preferences – weekly, fortnightly or monthly. This means that you can make unlimited additional repayments and pay off your loan within the shortest time possible.
- Low minimum amount. Bendigo Bank personal loans are designed so that you can borrow as little as $2,000.
- Extended period of repayment. You will be given between 1 to 7 years to complete your loan repayment.
What other products does Bendigo Bank offer?
- Transaction accounts. Bendigo Bank has a wide range of flexible transaction accounts tailored to suit everyday banking requirements. These accounts are designed to offer convenient access to your money.
- Credit cards. Bendigo Bank has a wide assortment of credit cards ranging from the Low Rate Basic Credit Card to the all-inclusive Platinum Card.
- Savings accounts. If you are looking for a saving account to store and grow your money, Bendigo Bank offers accounts with easy access and competitive rates.
- Home loans. Bendigo Bank offers a suite of home loans designed to suit your needs for a new home or investment property.
- Other products. Some other products offered by Bendigo Bank include insurance, travel and international payments, and term deposits.
How to apply for a personal loan from Bendigo Bank
Ready to apply for a Bendigo Bank personal loan?
To be eligible for a Bendigo Bank personal loan you:
- Have to be at least 18 years of age
- Must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia
- Have to be in paid employment
- Must have a good credit history
- Shouldn't be using the personal loan for business or other commercial reasons
- Should not apply for the loan through a third party
You will need to provide information on your income and employment details, details of assets and commitments, and your driver's licence. Once you've successfully completed your application, it will be reviewed and you will receive communication on its status.
More guides on Finder
The best standing desk in Australia: Our top choice of the year
If you're looking for a standing desk for the home office, the Omnidesk Ascent is our #1 choice for 2023.
Fast NBN plans are now cheaper. Is it worth switching?
It's time to sort out your NBN plan for the new year.
Save $1,583 a year by using index funds instead of active trading | Dollar Saver tip #60
Invest in an index fund instead of actively trading stocks and you not only save on time and fees, you could be earning more in returns too.
5 perks you can score by upgrading your internet this year
SPONSORED: Upgrade your internet before the end of 2023 and get ahead on your life admin! We take a look at some of the benefits of a faster internet connection.
Aussies are struggling to save money, and Gen Z blame themselves
Young Australians cite overspending as the main reason for not reaching their financial goals.
Shein IPO: How to invest in the Shein IPO
What you need to know about investing in Shein from Australia.
Best places to exchange currency in Brisbane
Your guide to currency exchange in Brisbane, including how to get the best exchange rate.
Waiting for rates to fall? Don’t bank on it, says ANZ CEO
Addressing speculation that interest rates might fall in late-2024, ANZ CEO Shayne Elliott said he thought it was too optimistic.
Ask an Expert