We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
- COVID-19 Update
If you're struggling to repay your personal loan, you can get in touch with the bank directly or read our guide.
Bendigo Bank offers a range of loan services, including secured and unsecured personal loans and a personal loan for green purchases. You can borrow from $2,000 up to $100,000 and loan terms range from 1 year to 7 years. The secured personal loan offers a fixed interest rate starting from 7.79% p.a. Security can include your car or property, but in case you fail to make your repayments, you could risk your assets. The interest rate for the unsecured personal loan is higher, starting from 12.79% p.a. If you want to make green purchases, you could receive a discount of 1% p.a. This discount is only applicable if you use it to purchase any of the environmentally-friendly products specified by the company. Depending on what you want to purchase, you may find their range limiting.
Compare personal loans offered by Bendigo Bank
- Secured Personal Loan. Suited for purchasing a new or second-hand car, you can also use a car you currently own as security for this loan. As it's secured, it comes with a competitive fixed rate. This loan is available with a competitive fixed rate for terms up to 7 years.
- Unsecured Personal Loan. With no requirement for security, this loan is suited for financing your holiday or home refurbishment needs. It comes with a slightly higher fixed interest rate because it is unsecured.
- Generation Green Personal Loan. This is an innovative type of personal loan from Bendigo Bank that rewards you each time you make an environmentally-friendly purchase. You will get a discount of 1% p.a. on your personal loan fixed rate if you use your loan to purchase any of the 12 environmentally-friendly products specified by the company. You can opt for either a secured or unsecured variant of the loan. Some of the products you can buy include double glazings, environmentally-friendly vehicles, greywater treatment systems and water storage tanks.
Features and benefits of a Bendigo Bank personal loan
- Includes of redraw facilities. Bendigo Bank personal loans come with redraw facilities. You are able to make extra repayments on top of the normal minimum repayments, then the redraw facility lets you access that additional amount if you will need it in future. The Bendigo Bank redraw facility give you the flexibility to access funds whenever you need them.
- Flexible loan repayment schedule. Bendigo Bank personal loans come with the flexibility to make repayments according to your preferences – weekly, fortnightly or monthly. This means that you can make unlimited additional repayments and pay off your loan within the shortest time possible.
- Low minimum amount. Bendigo Bank personal loans are designed so that you can borrow as little as $2,000.
- Extended period of repayment. You will be given between 1 to 7 years to complete your loan repayment.
What other products does Bendigo Bank offer?
- Transaction accounts. Bendigo Bank has a wide range of flexible transaction accounts tailored to suit everyday banking requirements. These accounts are designed to offer convenient access to your money.
- Credit cards. Bendigo Bank has a wide assortment of credit cards ranging from the Low Rate Basic Credit Card to the all-inclusive Platinum Card.
- Savings accounts. If you are looking for a saving account to store and grow your money, Bendigo Bank offers accounts with easy access and competitive rates.
- Home loans. Bendigo Bank offers a suite of home loans designed to suit your needs for a new home or investment property.
- Other products. Some other products offered by Bendigo Bank include insurance, travel and international payments, and term deposits.
How to apply for a personal loan from Bendigo Bank
Ready to apply for a Bendigo Bank personal loan?
To be eligible for a Bendigo Bank personal loan you:
- Have to be at least 18 years of age
- Must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia
- Have to be in paid employment
- Must have a good credit history
- Shouldn't be using the personal loan for business or other commercial reasons
- Should not apply for the loan through a third party
You will need to provide information on your income and employment details, details of assets and commitments, and your driver's licence. Once you've successfully completed your application, it will be reviewed and you will receive communication on its status.
More guides on Finder
Compare Delphi Bank savings accounts
Delphi Bank offers a range of personal banking products for customers in Australia.
Salt and Lime Debt Consolidation Loan
Looking to consolidate your debt? Salt and Lime offers fee-free loans, same-day funding, and the ability to earn discounts on your interest over the life of the loan. Apply today.
G&C Mutual Bank Fixed Rate Home Loan
A review of G&C Mutual Bank’s fixed rate home loan. Discover the features and benefits of this loan.
CommBank Green Loan
Are you an existing Commbank home loan customer looking to make your home more energy-efficient? Apply for a 0.99% p.a. Commbank Green Loan for up to $20,000. No fees attached.
CBA’s new 0.99% green home loan: Who’s eligible + how to get it
CommBank has launched its 0.99% green loan following a pilot in February this year. Here’s how to get this ultra-low home loan rate.
Bank of Melbourne Vertigo Card – Cashback Offer
Compare the features of the Bank of Melbourne Vertigo credit card, including a $0 first-year annual fee and a $300 cashback.
Guarantor Personal Loans
If you don't quite meet the criteria for a personal loan, applying with a guarantor can help get your application over the line.
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan
If you’re in the market for a new car, the Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan may be able to give you the funds you need. With the security of a fixed rate and flexible repayments, this loan might be what you need to own your new set of wheels.
Great Southern Bank Variable Rate Personal Loan
With a Variable Rate Personal Loan from Great Southern Bank you get simplicity matched with the opportunity to save yourself hundreds of dollars in interest fees. The flexibility in repayments that this loan gives you makes it easy to keep up with and pay it off without incurring extra fees.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.95% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert