Personal loan calculator
Find out how much you can borrow, what your repayments will be and how to pay off your loan sooner.
Personal Loan Repayment Calculator
Your personal loan details
Overview of your loan
|Years remaining||Principal remaining|
How to use the personal loan repayment calculator
The personal loan repayment calculator can help you see what your monthly repayments will be and how much interest you will pay over the life of the loan.
To use this calculator, you simply input your loan amount, loan term, the interest rate and your repayment frequency. After inputting all of the amounts, you can scroll over different points of the graph to see the progression of your loan at different points in time.
Why should I use a personal loan calculator?
A personal loan calculator helps you understand how much you can borrow and what your repayments will look like over time.
Here’s how a personal loan calculator can help you in different situations:
- When you're buying a car. If you’re buying a new or used car, you can use a personal loan calculator to see if you should get a secured or unsecured loan (based on the interest rate), and how long you can take the loan out for.
- If you're looking to renovate. Using a personal loan calculator before taking out a loan for home renovations can help keep your expenses in check by telling you just how much you’ll have to repay over time. This can help you choose between making affordable and not-so-affordable renovations.
- If you have debt and want to consolidate. Making multiple repayments each month can be a bother, and you might even be paying excessive interest on some of your credit cards or personal loans. By getting a personal loan to consolidate existing debts, you can save in the form of interest, and a personal loan repayment calculator can tell you by just how much.
- If you need a cash injection for your business. Certain lenders offer loans for businesses, and there are business loan calculators that can help you compare features in such instances as well. Typical business loans, for instance, offer lower interest rates when compared to personal loans for individuals.
- When you just need a bit extra to see you through. Do you need money to get by existing cash flow problems and aren’t sure which type of personal loan to take up? By using a personal loan calculator, you can compare different types of options, like secured loans, unsecured loans and payday loans. You can then make a decision that best suits your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Why compare personal loans with Finder?
Our personal loan comparison is completely free to use. There are no costs at all for you to use our database to find a better deal. Better still, we regularly run exclusive deals that you won't find on any other site.
We've researched and reviewed hundreds of loans as part of our Finder Awards. Our database and tables are always up-to-date and our in-house experts regularly appear on Sunrise, 7News and SBS News.
We are independently owned and have a mission to help Australians make better financial decisions. That means our opinions are our own and you can compare nearly every personal loan in Australia (and find a better deal).
Since 2014, we've helped 300,000+ people find a personal loan by explaining your options simply. You don't need to give us any details to use our comparison. We're here to help you make a decision.
We're here to help
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.
Ask an Expert